PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a X14XE - Management

Voodoo
17-10-05, 02:29 AM
Up front, let me just say that I can't fit a bigger engine, as it won't pass our equivalent of the MOT. I could try to legalize a 1.6, but it would be too much hassle right now.
Anyway, I have a velos type powerbox to fit, which I got on Ebay from a guy I think is VXpaul from Migweb. From my research here, I should get a remap, but that's impossible for me, as I would have to send the car by boat on a 3000km trip to the Portuguese mainland and back (one of the problems of living on an island in the middle of the Atlantic! :lol: ).
So, I was thinking of fitting c16xe management/loom, to up the fueling to compensate for the powerbox. Will this work? I think someone here has this done.
I'll also be fitting a manifold/system, free flow filter at a latter date, and maybe a c16xe head and cams.
Also, can the 1.4 block be bored out to 1.6? The one thing I can't change is the block, because of the engine number. And if I fit the 1.6 head/cams, will 200cc really make much of a difference?

Cheers! :wink:

Stuart
17-10-05, 07:53 AM
in all fairness just fittin a 1.6 management wont sort out your fuelling issue.

what id do in your shoes is get something called a uni chip and make sure you get leads and software with it, oh and a decent wide band lambda setup then do the remap yourself. Ideally you'd get a totally stand alone management like DTA or MBE to name a few. and map those yourself (loads of support around to help you too)

just my 2 pence

Voodoo
17-10-05, 11:29 PM
How much would I be looking at in terms of cost for a unichip/mbe/dta and cables, software, etc? And how easy is it to map myself? I forgot to mention, the reason I can't get it mapped is because there's no rolling roads around here (I know, I know, I'm living in the stone age! :lol: ).
The reason I was asking about the c16xe management is because the c16xe stuff comes up fairly cheap on Ebay, and I'm not looking for monster power, just to get the most out of the powerbox, and make the car a little bit more lively.
Any gen from anyone else?
Can the 1.4 block be upped to 1.6, using crank, rebore, etc?

Cheers!