PDA

View Full Version : Rally Spec Nova On EuroRallye...

NovaBen
16-10-05, 11:45 PM
Hey Guys and Girlies,
Check this out, read the spec, look at the pics, and prepare to be astounded by the price at the bottom of the post!!

Here Goes:

Nova Second Hand Complete cars Exceptional Nova 1600 16V rally car just been built to Group A spec and beyond. Gp A shell originally built by Ian Evans with full weld in triangulated cage, seam welded & strengthened. 1600 16V engine, Quaife gearbox, Proflex, Pilbeam, APs, RFXs etc
1600 16V engine running on taper throttle bodies with MBE management, SBD 180 bhp kit plus extras, NEW Quaife F13 5 speed gearbox with 4.86 CWP & NEW LSD unit, as new Gp A drive shafts & Gp A hubs with NEW bearings, Gp A comp engine mounts, comp exhaust.
Proflex 3 way adj suspension (0 miles from overhaul) including rear coilovers, Pilbeam bottom arms, tie rods & brackets, NEW Quaife quick rack kit powered by Corsa electric column (HH ECU), AP alloy 4 pots & 285mm grooved vents, AP 2 pot rear calipers with discs & alloy hubs mounted on Hockley newly modified beam to suit coilovers with extra travel, Works bias pedal box, hydraulic hand brake, Group A aeroquip brake pipes, Gp A steel braided fuel lines, Works bag tank & cover.
Motordrive Professional FIA seats, Sabelt 6 point FIA approved belts, Lifeline electric extinguisher, Works alloy foot rest, Momo s/wheel, Elliot 10K rev counter, Quaife internal gear linkage, 10mm alloy sump guard, Revolution RFXs & Dunlop moulded slicks.

http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/catimages/land2.jpg
http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/catimages/land3.jpg
http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/catimages/land4.jpg
http://www.eurorallye.co.uk/catimages/land5.jpg

Price: ?11,450 :o

Not bad really for what you're getting, but its still alot of money for a Nov!

Ben 8)

burgo
16-10-05, 11:54 PM
thats a crazy amount of money

NovaBen
16-10-05, 11:57 PM
Pro-Flex Suspension = ?4000 on its own!!! :o :o

Ben 8)

Dave_Nova
17-10-05, 01:09 AM
all that effort and still got original door cards :(

sweet car but its still a nova at the end of the day

benji
17-10-05, 01:54 AM
Pro-Flex Suspension = ?4000 on its own!!! :o :o

Ben 8)

i was gonna say that.

suspension, engine and box and your 10k budgets gone, lol

BigRuss
17-10-05, 02:15 PM
That is a cheap car in terms of a competitive rally car.

In the right hands it's a giant killer :lol:

Snowface
17-10-05, 06:41 PM
i'd like to see dan's 8v go against it on a tarmac rally stage.
be interesting to compare a ?10k car to a ?1k car.

nice spec though. If i had 11k to throw away and some spare time that would be a good laugh.

Ben
17-10-05, 06:50 PM
Dan's car cost quite a lot more than ?1k and i expect that cost a lot more than ?10k to build.

Chris
17-10-05, 07:20 PM
I think the gearbox on that car is probably about the same price as Dan's engine and box!

Chris

Dan
17-10-05, 10:50 PM
how the hell did i get dragged into this lmao, as russ said the cost of that is ok tbh for what you are getting.

my present spec car to build from starting with a wedge of notes and a car to find would cost circa 3.5-4k if done sensibly due to the buying of coilovers and diff. (its only worth around 1k if i sold it lol)

As for comparing them lololol, that would rape me stupid in a straight battle, you would be just aswell to put a mini mayfair against it and still get similar results. I appreciate the comment but unless you have been around these spec cars and seen what they can do you really have no idea what they are fully capable of. infact if I or russ were to tell you, you still wouldnt beleive it lol.

Chris
18-10-05, 10:19 AM
I believe it lol

Oh I have passengered in Russ's car (resites lord's prayer!)

Chris

Snowface
18-10-05, 06:09 PM
ok so the prices arn't exact but you get what i mean.

is the quaife box straight cut or shift up/down type thing (...?) or something.

NovaBen
18-10-05, 06:15 PM
I believe it too! I've rallied against Russ, he won the class from me by at least 2 mins :cry:

But watch out next year Mr Davies!!!! :twisted:

Ben 8)