PDA

View Full Version : Finally... Some Luck! New Nova!

Ste-V
16-10-05, 10:56 PM
Well, I don't have a lot of luck, but finally some has come my way!

My Uncle's neighbour has a J reg nova 1.2 and is willing to give it to me for free. I haven't had a close look but in my opinion it doesn't look too bad!

I know it isn't great luck, but I'm 15! Owning 2 Nova's at 15 isn't bad :p

I'm picking it up tomorrow (it has tax and test), so I'll get some piccies up over the next few days.

Ste-V.

burgo
16-10-05, 11:05 PM
what does it matter having tax and test?? plus why would you need two novas at 15

Ste-V
16-10-05, 11:09 PM
Tax and test means my mum and dad aren't moaning at me about them being up the drive...

And the Nova I have at the moment, I am going to be banger racing at Christmas... Hopefully if this one is OK, I'm actually going to use it properly.

Anywho, I'm happy...

burgo
16-10-05, 11:10 PM
what you gonna do when the tax a test runs out then?? plus you sure you wanna banger race a nova lol it wont last two mins

Ste-V
16-10-05, 11:17 PM
When the tax and test runs out, the nova I have now will be off the drive, meaning I can put this on the drive (unless my dad decides to insure it and use it a bit)...

And yeah I know they're not the toughest cars in the world, but the limit for junior bangers is 1.4, so alot of them will be small cars... Anywho, it's just a bit of fun :p

Chris
17-10-05, 07:51 AM
for a vehicle to be parked on the road it must be taxed, MOT'ed and Insured

Chris

Ste-V
17-10-05, 07:52 AM
Ah, it can go in the front garden then till I decide what to do with it... I wasn't 100% sure whether insurance was needed or not...

Nobby
17-10-05, 02:26 PM
lol burgo whats this kid done to you kicked your dog or??? Fair play kidda keep it up!! :D

antinator
17-10-05, 09:26 PM
yea burgo leave off well done chappy now get ready to be smashed up in a nova :lol: gonna be great fun

Ste-V
17-10-05, 10:34 PM
Thanks lads :fadein:

I'll post some piccies tomorrow of both the banger and the new one :+:

srs1
17-10-05, 10:43 PM
it doesn't have to be insured. it has to be if it is being driven by any other person.

so if you are the registered keeper and your dad wants to drive it under his insurance. then the car has to be insured by the owner to driven. otherwise your dads policy is void to drive it.

if the car is just staying on the road side. then its like paying rent on that bit of tarmac. but if anything happens to it or someone crashes into it. then tuff.

Ste-V
17-10-05, 10:51 PM
Hmmm, I'm gettin mixed replies as to whether it needs insurance or not... I'll look into it :)

Thanks.

EDIT: I've emailed the DVLA...

Jack
17-10-05, 11:13 PM
You need valid insurance to tax it....

srs1
17-10-05, 11:20 PM
its this simple.

to get new tax after it runs out you need
mot, insurance and money.

to drive it.
insurance

if your dad wants to drive it (and not insuring it himself)
then it needs to be insured by the registered keeper.

Ste-V
18-10-05, 06:03 PM
Well, went to get it tonight, and to be honest, it's a bit of a wreck!

Think I'm probably just gonna sell it, spares or repairs, but where is the best place do you guys think to advertise it?

eBay? Local paper?

Just wondering if you guys think it's worth trying it on eBay or something.

Thanks,

Ste-V.

PS. It's not definitely going to be sold as spares or repairs yet, but most likely.

Jack
18-10-05, 07:38 PM
Local rag is usually best bet. Novas on ebay (ragged ones anyway) tend to go for peanuts.

Ste-V
18-10-05, 08:06 PM
Kk cheers.