PDA

View Full Version : Cadwell Park 5th November

Chris
15-10-05, 10:31 AM
Morning,

Just to try and drum up some interest to get some hoe's to Cadwell Park on the 5th November for a track day. The day will be run in an open-pit format meaning you get as much track time as you want and you drive when you want. There are varying cars signed up at the moment, I will be taking the nova and Karl's mate should be taking his mk1 Golf, a couple of my mates will be going too so hopefully it should be a good day out. Benji has mentioned that he should be there too in the newly painted car. The cost for the day is ?129 for you, your car and 1 passenger/2nd driver. The day is organised by javelin motorsport, I have used these guys in the past to book days and they are very well run, they dont allow abuse of the track, so the days work really well. To book or have a look the details for the day are on www.javelin-motorsport.co.uk even if you dont come to do the day why not try and get there to watch.

Chris

Mike.
15-10-05, 07:00 PM
i might try and get there chris, only as a spectator though, it makes sence cadwells only half hour away

mikey14sr
15-10-05, 09:31 PM
I'll hopefully be there to spectate aswell, Might even be able to twist the arm of my mate to bring his gsi out for a day.

benji
15-10-05, 11:56 PM
if the cars done i'll be there. it's being painted on wednesday so i don't why it won't be

karl Rowntree
16-10-05, 12:07 PM
I will be there matey, evo is going in to have the gearbox done next week so if its all fixed i will be along in that though wont be on track.

I will be the pit monkey if you want.

Karl

Andy Jeb
16-10-05, 09:30 PM
Hay there Chris,

Good to see the booking mate - But just wanted to make sure it was the nova coming an not the carlton this time!! :lol:

Will try book some sunshine for you too as we dont need a repeat of last time. Although it was quiet good fun!!!

Andy

Chris
17-10-05, 10:18 AM
yes I will be in the Nova, although I might bring the Omega as a tow car, I am hoping for nice weather as I dont fancy doing it wet lol

Chris

P.S Andy could you sort me out with a sunvisor for the car please

Chris

Chris
19-10-05, 09:15 AM
just to let you guys kjnow that there is only about 10 places left so if you want to do it you need to get your money out sharp!!

Chris

benji
19-10-05, 09:27 AM
i'm not booking until i know my car is ready, if it's sold out i'll do donington or mallory the same weekend

srs1
19-10-05, 09:31 AM
i would like to do this chris but as its the karting the following week end, i am saving the beer tokens for that.

Chris
19-10-05, 09:33 AM
derka derka

Chris
02-11-05, 05:38 PM
looks like there might be a possibility that it could well be dry :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2564

benji
02-11-05, 05:55 PM
fag. car won't be done and i have to work. i'll have to beat you at the next one

Mike.
02-11-05, 06:48 PM
i'm definately going, as my boss and his best mate will be running there m3 track car, i will be there, i'll be wearing a bmw jacket :lol: . look forward to meating a few of you guys

Chris
02-11-05, 08:30 PM
nice one Mike, I will be the tall one witht he rusty nova, it will be near a green mercedes van

Chris

mikey14sr
02-11-05, 09:03 PM
I'm definatley gonna be there, even if it's just to pass spanners/kick tyres.

karl Rowntree
02-11-05, 10:34 PM
Will be there in the new motor though not sure i will venture out on track in it, as if its a Zantia!! :cry:

Look forward to seeing you guys Friday night, get that Lasagne on :wink:

Karl

Chris
02-11-05, 10:55 PM
I dare say you will be venturing out on track Karl :lol:

Oh and the lasagne will be great

Chris

P.S Remind Shandy to bring his removeable hard drive with the ring vids on please

Chris

karl Rowntree
02-11-05, 11:03 PM
hard drive oh er! Ive got to sleep in the smea room as that lad on Friday i believe :lol:

Ive got a feeling we wont get much sleep friday if we stay up watching vids and drinking, oh well.

Beastie is all booked up so i hope i can get a few passenger laps with you all. Picking up my new 'helmut' tomorrow, just hope my mom will let me use it as its meant to be a xmas pressie!

mikey14sr
06-11-05, 01:12 PM
How was it then? I didnt make because the steering rack fell apart as I was turning around when getting ready to set off, inner track rod joint finally gave up.

Chris
06-11-05, 01:24 PM
Yeah it was really good, car ran well again, managed to try my slicks out and they were awsome, I also managed to keep it on the black stuff all day, had some good fun with a Locost 750MC race car and a 106 XSi 750MC race car, learnt a lot off them two, and also managed to put in consistant laps.

I guy I know took me out for a spin in his standard EVO VI GSR and boy can he drive, cleary the fastest thing on track all day, I have never been in such a well driven car. Beasty turned up with his slow LET, hehe. Was a top day, ost amusing part was being sat in the EVO and following beasty coming out of BARN corner and watching beasty pull away at a high rate of speed leaving two big black lines from the front tyres. Anyone who says that LET novas are no good on track need to go in his car. Very stable and very quick.

Hope to do another before the end of the year but will have to see how quick my new engine gets fitted and setup

Chris

benji
06-11-05, 02:19 PM
sound's like a good day chris, sorry i couldn't make it but if your are doing another this year i will be there(isn't that what i said about this time??) how did you compare to beasty? i take it he is on road tyres?

Chris
06-11-05, 03:06 PM
my car must of been about 4-5 secs slower than Beasty, that thing is mental. I only ran on slicks for about 20mins and went back to road tyres as I need to fold one of my archs still and it was catching.

Chris

scott.parker
06-11-05, 03:20 PM
Soudns like it was fun mate,lol Beastys car is something els,dont think i know of another car that sounds so crazy let alone go's so well..

Shame you didnt get any pics or vids etc.

Scott

Andy Jeb
06-11-05, 10:16 PM
Anyone who says that LET novas are no good on track need to go in his car. Very stable and very quick

Ill second that one! I belive he was the talk of the day to be honest - well apart from the V6 Clio but that was for another reason!

Chris, Think we've got a couple of pics of you, will try send them to you.

Andy

Chris
06-11-05, 10:33 PM
nice one Andy, that will be good if you could sort them out for us, I need some pics of it in action.

Yes Beasty did suprise a few people, the best thing I saw all day was him go past a line of 3 cars with ease on the start/finish with ease, one of the cars was an EVO VII, hehe

Chris