PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Tauntins Nova

krobinson
13-10-05, 08:40 PM
First of all, sorry Jim for the ebay link, honestly!!

I'm not sure if this is the second owner of this car, i think stuart sold it a while back, but does anyone remember this from the Shows from 2002 onwards? What a bloody awesome car, its definatly one of the cleanest and best built Nova's i'd seen. One of the car's that inspired me to stick with a small engine.

Wonder what it will fetch?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4582187279&fromMakeTrack=true

Keith

novamadcars
13-10-05, 08:43 PM
wow wow and wow love the car very mint :D

Riggy
13-10-05, 08:46 PM
yeah ive always loved that car :lol:

have got some pics somewhere ,will have to dig them out

Jim
13-10-05, 09:14 PM

LOL :P

It is a nice car, but why build an engine with that spec when it will never get driven hard?

Jim

krobinson
13-10-05, 10:29 PM

LOL :P

It is a nice car, but why build an engine with that spec when it will never get driven hard?

Jim

Yeah, its a nice spec engine, pity it never ever got used. The car was WAY too clean everytime i seen it to have ever been driven often. Even the gearbox was alloy polished. I can barely look after my bailey tank, nevermind a gearbox!! lol

Keith

Philsutton
14-10-05, 11:40 AM
yes certainly a nice car seen it a few times now

Stuart
14-10-05, 11:53 AM
and why build it up like that and the put that gash looking airbox thing on thats probably inhibiting power lol

Ian
14-10-05, 04:38 PM
never gonna sell at that price

SKoob
14-10-05, 06:16 PM
Thats gorgeous, nice break from the GSi on speedline look (no offence), has a nice healthy 8v engine spec aswell, but its too tidy to track :?

Ben
14-10-05, 06:36 PM
Is a lovely car but always chuckle at the airbox :lol:

Mike
14-10-05, 06:37 PM
old skool cool 8)

scott.parker
14-10-05, 08:18 PM
The guy joined the pvg a few years back,and if i remember right it was mainly just to go to shows and try to win all the best off this and that prizes.
Fairplay to him its a nice car,i really like the car,use to see it all the tiem and was on my top5best novas list till i met the owner and found out how the project was fundedd...he was very up him self and he got all the work done of "Daddy and Mumsy" i find it's just not the way to apriceate it all unless you earn it..nice car though all same,but overpriced i thinks..

Scott

Mike.
14-10-05, 09:10 PM
fantastic car, always looks mint, and skoob's right its a break from the norm

krobinson
14-10-05, 09:26 PM
I cant see how people feel that 2.5k is overpriced for that car. There's GSI's here selling for over 2k, standard, and no where near the condition of this car.

It obviously cost over 10k to build this car, i'd say 2.5-3k is a bargin for someone looking a superb nova.

Scott, had no idea this car was funded by his parents, i guess i'd take the same view as you if i knew this, simply as i know how hard i've worked to build mine over the past 4+ years.

Keith

ade
14-10-05, 10:54 PM
love the scuttle panel cover.

Nove motor...

Not too sure on the centre exhaust though

Like it to the side meself - like a ladies panties...

8) :lol:

Andy Jeb
15-10-05, 12:27 AM
I cant see how people feel that 2.5k is overpriced for that car. There's GSI's here selling for over 2k, standard, and no where near the condition of this car.

Couldn't agree more.

Remember seeing this car a couple of years ago at the PVG National day (the pig sheds if anyone can remember!) and it looked stunning. Stood out to me as it look so well presented. A good spec on it as well.

on my top5best novas list till i met the owner and found out how the project was fundedd...he was very up him self and he got all the work done of "Daddy and Mumsy"

Think i'd have the same thoughts as you on this one-but lets face it who wouldn't ask the old perents for a bit of cash to treat there nova!! Ether way good on him for building a nice car.

The car was WAY too clean everytime i seen it to have ever been driven often.

Ok maybe not out in the rain-but bet you it did get driven often. I only have to fit a wiper blade to my car and i want to do a road test to see if its better, point is carn't see him fitting all that and not wanting t see wot it does.

Andy

scott.parker
15-10-05, 06:18 AM
Remember seeing this car a couple of years ago at the PVG National day (the pig sheds if anyone can remember!) and it looked stunning. Stood out to me as it look so well presented. A good spec on it as well.

Yeah that was the first year he enterd it into a show for best modifyed,and it won,and when it did his dad screamed YESS!!! jumped up and punched the air! :lol:

This seamed a little strange to me at first,oh his old man ownes a steal/alloy/metal fabrication and design copany (hence the oneoff strut bracing and scutlle cover and funny inlet to the t40's)

Scott

Ian
15-10-05, 10:39 AM
The car still isnt worth 2500, its worth what it can be broken down into parts for, and regardless of what the twin 40 clique think mower engines arent worth anything.

Chris
15-10-05, 10:58 AM
think mower engines arent worth anything.

LMFBO!!!!!