PDA

View Full Version : 1.3sr engine

Nova_Houch7
13-10-05, 07:44 PM
Right ive sed b4, but lost all my old stuff, ive basically got a 1988 1.3 sr thats engine has been fully rebuilt, heads been skimmed, ported polished and gas flowed, also got kent cams, pipercross air filter and a straight thru exhaust sysyem, i was lookin to fit twin 40's(so if u got some for sale and all bits needed to fit to my sr then im interested for the right price) wat else is ther that i could do to get more power from my 1.3 without havin to spend too much? write bak, Luke

Adam
13-10-05, 08:13 PM
Nowt tbh.
If you have 40s, headwork, cam, full exhaust,
theres not much left to improve on, without spending loads.

leemh1234
13-10-05, 09:34 PM
lightened flywheel and remember to get them 40's set up on a good rolling road to make use of them.thats about it really.wot u using it for road race etc?.try a gsi gear box aswell 8)

Nova_Houch7
13-10-05, 09:38 PM
yeh ill be usin it for road use, but like racin on the roads a lil to! So wat cud i do wit more money then, as u sed that cant do alot more without spendin more, jus let me know nethin! L

Stuart
14-10-05, 08:07 AM
be careful when getting a "gsi" gearbox as some are wide ratio... ive seen them lol

a lightend flywheel wont really gain you much, if anything unless the rest of the bottom end is L&B at the same time but thats a fairly pricey job.

cheapest was to get it faster..... nitrous.

Snowface
14-10-05, 12:31 PM
don't forget brakes also

Mike
14-10-05, 04:31 PM
GSi box, (i got one) and a nice spanky uprated diff, you could try that. a bit a traction would help with highly modded engine like.

Mike