PDA

View Full Version : underseal

novamadcars
12-10-05, 10:53 PM
just wondering how many people use underseal and were do you use it?

Adam
13-10-05, 12:24 AM
l and were do you use it?
Everywhere you can get it :lol:

novamadcars
13-10-05, 12:38 AM
well i can get it from a ?1 shop so ill get a few tims then. do you thin it down or not?

Adam
13-10-05, 12:46 AM
well i can get it from a ?1 shop so ill get a few tims then. do you thin it down or not?
Nar, just slap it on straight out the can.

Make sure your car is dry, clean, and rust free first tho.
Paint it on the floorpan, chassis sections, wheel well etc etc.

And i would advise wearing gloves :lol:

novamadcars
13-10-05, 01:01 AM
cheers long live will get atleast 5 tins of it during the week

burgo
13-10-05, 03:48 AM
get a nice big pack of paint brushes aswell lol

Stuart
13-10-05, 09:00 AM
i jsut use hammerite lol

but get rubber gloves, a spray suit, goggles and lots of paintbrushes. and be prepared to get filthy doing it lol

Austin_Nova16
13-10-05, 12:56 PM
Put the tin in some hot water first. It makes it so much easier to paint on then...

novamadcars
13-10-05, 01:17 PM
Put the tin in some hot water first. It makes it so much easier to paint on then...

cheers mate will do that when i get round 2 doing it

Rexy
13-10-05, 02:12 PM
i jsut use hammerite lol

but get rubber gloves, a spray suit, goggles and lots of paintbrushes. and be prepared to get filthy doing it lol

Pmsl - Dont be such a girl...

As said, Make sure all the under of your car is dry, free from rust/rot etc.

You'll also need a wire brush and/or a wire drill bit. I found a nice bit of hidden rust under the underseal on my rear arch which was grinded out and sorted so watch for stuff like that or you'll just be covering it.

novamadcars
13-10-05, 08:46 PM
so ill need a few tins of underseal
2x packs of large paint brushes
iand a wirebrush

just have 2 find my axel stands now and get the job done

sickrabbit
13-10-05, 11:18 PM
Cant remeber the name of the stuff , but theres a product on the market you spray on . I did my wheel arches , axels the lot in the spring - looked so damn sexy , almost as if encased in pvc ....droool. Tried to cover mrs rabbit in the stuff , but she would just not stand still long enough! :evil:

novamadcars
13-10-05, 11:25 PM
would you beable find out what its called an ware i can get it from and when you say spray it on do you mean a compressor with a spraygun?
and how much am i looking at paying?

Adam
14-10-05, 12:26 AM
so ill need a few tins of underseal
2x packs of large paint brushes
iand a wirebrush

just have 2 find my axel stands now and get the job done
Paint brushes=5 for a quid, at the Pound shop :wink: :lol:

You can buy underseal in a spray can, aerosol.
I used this once, and spent the next 2 days getting it off my car windows, house walls etc :roll: :lol:
It goes everywhere, but is good for getting it in hard to reach places.

LukeManic
14-10-05, 09:26 AM
so u guys just put it all under the car and under the arches? just want to check that there isn't a spot under the car that shouldn't really be done?

Thanks

Rexy
14-10-05, 10:28 PM
Stone guard is also in can's which is ace for the arches, as it can be sprayed ontop of, where as underseal can't...
i was also told to bang some used engine oil in the box sections of the car this is a really cheap but messy way to stop any rot.