PDA

View Full Version : Power steering

morley
12-10-05, 01:40 PM
how hared is it to install power steering to a 2ltr Nova (originally 1.3SR)?

I believe a Corsa power steering rack is needed, but what else needs to be done?

Any input would be appreciated.

burgo
12-10-05, 01:54 PM
no point unless its a rally slag really

mad-driver
12-10-05, 01:56 PM
how hared is it to install power steering to a 2ltr Nova (originally 1.3SR)?

I believe a Corsa power steering rack is needed, but what else needs to be done?

Any input would be appreciated.

Joff has done that in his turbo nova, although as far as i understand it isnt the easiest of tasks

morley
12-10-05, 02:02 PM
cheers guys.

what about a Nova quick rack instead?

Philsutton
12-10-05, 02:15 PM
get to the gym you pansy, the steering isnt that heavy on a 2lt nova.

burgo
12-10-05, 03:03 PM
quick racks are kool but again pretty pointless for road use. unless you do track days of course

Ste L
12-10-05, 03:28 PM
and they make it heavier than standard, so if you want the ease of power steering, i defo wouldn't have a quick rack

MARTIN KELSON
12-10-05, 04:42 PM
I got a 2.0 16v nova, quickrack, LSD, and electric power steering has made the world of difference.
Would possibly say its one of the best reasonably priced mods i've done.

It aint rocket science to do. Iam not that mechanically minded and i found it quite straight forward. Need to weld new bracket to new column, space the top mount brackets down about 1", make the universal jointed piece from column to rack longer (simple job) and get the ecu that comes with it modded!! Thats the bit you cant do yourself. Harry Hockly will do it for ya but its about ?200. Can get it done cheaper but dont have the sensitivity adjuster that the Hockly one has.

I would say put the quickrack in and power steering mate.

Lee E
22-10-05, 04:06 PM
I got a 2.0 16v nova, quickrack, LSD, and electric power steering has made the world of difference.
Would possibly say its one of the best reasonably priced mods i've done.

It aint rocket science to do. Iam not that mechanically minded and i found it quite straight forward. Need to weld new bracket to new column, space the top mount brackets down about 1", make the universal jointed piece from column to rack longer (simple job) and get the ecu that comes with it modded!! Thats the bit you cant do yourself. Harry Hockly will do it for ya but its about ?200. Can get it done cheaper but dont have the sensitivity adjuster that the Hockly one has.

I would say put the quickrack in and power steering mate.

have you got any pics?

MARTIN KELSON
24-10-05, 08:24 AM
Not really.
Took a few pics of brackets etc but before i had a digi camera!
Anybody with a small amount of mechanical knowledge would find this a simple job.

Primie.uk
24-10-05, 02:52 PM
I'm looking 2 do this when i get my Nova, its the only downside i have about the Nova's :).

fearless
24-10-05, 06:32 PM
Anybody with a small amount of mechanical knowledge would find this a simple job.

That counts me out then Martin !!! :D

Stuart
24-10-05, 06:36 PM
lmao @ the girls wanting power steering lol

ok i can see how some of the track/rally folks want a power quick rack, but why the feck would you want it for a "normal" road car lol

its just unessecary work

MARTIN KELSON
25-10-05, 08:28 AM
That counts me out then Martin !!!

Surprise i managed it then Dave!!

Hows your small project cumin along??