PDA

View Full Version : Rally report, Peter Lloyd stages, Pembrey Sun Oct 9th.

BigRuss
11-10-05, 12:08 AM
It's rally report time again guys :wink:

Well, SS1 - spun off on the beach road and dropped over 2 mins, stood still wheel spinning on mud/muck/slurry!! Couldn't get it in to reverse so co-driver and marshalls had to push the car back on the road!!!! :oops:

SS2 - cancelled due to the crew that started behind me rolling in to a river on their roof!!! The same river i went off into in Feb for those of you that actually read these reports.

SS3 - 2nd fastest 1400 by 2 secs from a 500kg Blackbird powered Darrian which turned out to be 550kg's!!!

SS4 - fastest 1400 by 30 something seconds 8)

SS5 - fastest 1400 by 39secs even with a puncture for the last 2 miles :o 8)

SS6 - fastest 1400 by 51secs :o :o

Overall result, 18th O/all and 1st in class by 5 seconds, well happy tbh!!!

This was probably the most rewarding result I've had as I dropped 2mins and 2 secs to the nova which ultimately finished 2nd in class behind us, on SS1.

That Nova had a Bowyer 1400 16v engine it too 8)

On stages 3,4,5 +6 i took an average of 10seconds a stage out of the Nova which won the 1600 class too 8) that Nova had a 190bhp Bowyer 16v engine and finished 10th O/all. Could have finished 7th or 8th O/all if hadn't had spin on SS1, but "that is rallying" as they say.

Big thank You to Dan and Colin again for servicing, cheers boys!! Very much appreciated, and sorry for making you change so many wheels and tyres!!!! :lol:

It's a shame that the car is going to a new home in the next few weeks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

But.....

I have bought another Nova shell with a weld in cage in it and will be building this up from scratch next year, watch this space............

Stuart
11-10-05, 08:19 AM
good result mate.

and good job on not being one of the rolleeees lol :D

Jim
11-10-05, 09:37 AM
Congrats Russ, although I'm slightly shocked your selling the car on. Is the season coming to an end now?

Jim

Dar
11-10-05, 09:47 AM
Once again you've proved that you and that little 1400 Nova of yours has very little, if any competition in your class. Very welldone....again ;)

I am also wondering why you would want to sell such a well sorted and fast car. Getting bored with it and want to try something new?

benji
11-10-05, 01:30 PM
he's buying a house.

well done russ.

Dan
11-10-05, 06:07 PM
The only rolleeees on the day were the ones i was chuffing due to not alot to do again (a good thing lol :lol: ) well if i dont include the poor focus driver lol. The nova going is a sorry sight but it is going out on the highest praise possible which is the best way. Sad i know but this is only the beginning of a whole new chapter. Also as said the new car will be soon on its way for a new monster to grace the events in future times.

It was a cracking comeback from what seemed like a not so good start and the way he drove the rest of the day fully deserved (although i bet the guy that came second was gutted from having so much taken back out of him lol).

BigRuss
11-10-05, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys!!!!

I've been living in my terraced house for 12 years, it's now or never to sell up and move on to a bigger house with a big driveway and a MONSTER Garage 8)

I've accepted an offer on my house and the move will be done by Xmas.

This comeback was a fitting last ride for the car and it was very rewarding to take chunks of time out of machinery of a similar spec to mine.

I'll be sad to see her go, but she's not going far, and as said I've got a new shell with a weld in cage coming so will build up another Nova next year for the stages in 2007.

I'll be back :lol:

srs1
11-10-05, 08:27 PM
congrats on a top result there russ.

i have to say, i am gob smacked at your driving ability and its understandable how you got that time back in the end.
so well done.

good luck with the hoyuse move.

does this also mean your selling the 1400?
what you going for next?