PDA

View Full Version : Leccy windows

novaco
10-10-05, 01:04 PM
Well i have two questions....

firstly i want some but was wondering would i have to buy them second hand i.e off ebay or someone or can you stil get new ones either from vauxhall or an aftermarket company??

secondly this is a technical question but as my car hasnt had leccy windows before will my loom stil hook up to them or will i have to make a cut and ire them in my self??

cheers for any help Karl!

bob
11-10-05, 05:05 PM
u will need a new loom but it shud plug straight in...i got a guide somewhere, add me to msn and id send it :)

F188CHG
11-10-05, 05:10 PM
how easy is it to make a loom :?

novamadcars
12-10-05, 10:07 PM
i want 2 take the ad the leccy windows on my mk 1 from my mk 2 so any help would be grate cheers

antinator
13-10-05, 01:23 PM
believe me dont get leccy windows!!!!!! they break like sh*t and then causes loads more problems just keep the winders or ull be sorry :(

novamadcars
13-10-05, 05:34 PM
well ive not had any problems with the leccy windows in my mk 2

antinator
13-10-05, 05:36 PM
ow long u ad em in 4??? they will break themselves

novamadcars
13-10-05, 06:29 PM
thay been in the car about 2 n half years

F188CHG
13-10-05, 06:46 PM
I never had any problems wuth my old novas electric windows :evil:

novamadcars
13-10-05, 08:17 PM
just wondering if thair is some sort of guide 2 fitting leccy windows? cheers

Timmy
14-10-05, 04:12 PM
they arn't al that hard to fit really. i almost diud but the car got nicked before i could fit them. if your taken from one motor to a new one then there pretty simple unless you haven't got holes in doors for loom them the crap starts,

novamadcars
18-10-05, 09:59 PM
no guide on this then i take it ?

Riggy
23-10-05, 11:02 PM
www.nova-land.com used to have one

although you dont need one get the complete set up from a nova including the loom and switches

drill the 4 rivits that hold the manual mech out , the rivit 4 new ones for the leccys

drill holes from door to car (if there not there ,there marked out where)

plug into fuse box

eath near handbrake

plug switches in

obv you put all wires under carpet and will ne to cut a hole for the wires to the switches but the centre console wil hide this :lol:

F188CHG
24-10-05, 09:35 AM
Error 404: page not found

Bastard links dead on nova land :cry:

probert_nova
24-10-05, 02:19 PM
on all my novas electrics windows have been complete fcukers. its not hard to make ya own loom for them. probably better replace most wires in ya loom anyway if they're quite suspect.i'll have a look for some diagrams iv'e got, i'll just warn ya they have a habit of breakin at the worst of times. my window would'nt go up at a festival i went to once and also when its a million degrees and i carn't the little bstrds down.

nick helped me with my dodgy loom etc somaybe pm him if you have any problems.

F188CHG
24-10-05, 04:23 PM
Exellent i need a diagram.Always fuck it when ppl tell me how to do something,Anyway not started it yet still no put ma new doors on :lol:

but i have fitted the motors and windows to the doors:wink:

Riggy
24-10-05, 10:09 PM
on all my novas electrics windows have been complete fcukers. its not hard to make ya own loom for them. probably better replace most wires in ya loom anyway if they're quite suspect.i'll have a look for some diagrams iv'e got, i'll just warn ya they have a habit of breakin at the worst of times. my window would'nt go up at a festival i went to once and also when its a million degrees and i carn't the little bstrds down.

nick helped me with my dodgy loom etc somaybe pm him if you have any problems.

pmsl sayin that mine did cut out once when it was pissing doen and i couldnt get my window back up lol - was only loose power though so with a bit of wagglein it then worked lol :lol:

F188CHG
25-10-05, 11:15 AM
can you use any window switches i have cavalier ones kicking about somewhere that any good :?

NovaGuy1400SRi
15-11-05, 09:44 PM
cavalier ones dont work, i've already tried that, even with the extra frost button for when the windows are jammed taken off they dont work, must be something to do with the windows goin up and down themselves if the switch is held for a few seconds and then let go in the cavalier.

but either way, cavalier ones are no good, corsa ones work, drivers door switches out mk3 astra's work, not sure about the astra passenger diir switch though as it has 5 wires instead of 4.

hope this helps.

John.

ade
15-11-05, 10:44 PM
anyone stripping a GTE/GSi will be able to sell you the leccy window kit - whilst your there you may as well fit the central locking too - the loom for this is built into the window loom.

Its easyish to fit - but a word of advice - when running thcables from the door to the bod, DONT go through the door edge of the car, do it properly and run the cables through a rubber connector (similar to that on the hatch) into the SIDE of the car behind where the side wing indicators are - that way you wont bend and snap the wires when closing the door and you can also run more cables through for the central locking, speakers, door lock leds, etc...

fitting is fairly straight forward - anyone with a brain for working out the haynes wiring diagrams can do it!

youll need the nova switches, leccy window motor arm mechanisms, some heavy duty rivets, the loom, plug for the fuse board (just clicks in) and know how to strip your doors (if doing properly how to remove a wing), remove 1/2 your interior and thats about it.

for central locking you'll need soleniods, central locking switch relay (the drivers side is the master and operates the passenger side which is the slave), wires and fuse

ade

Timmy
17-11-05, 05:47 PM
i have the hole lot the complet set in clouding the wire for mounting it on to the lock and so on. pm me if anyone ehwta it its taking up space at home

F188CHG
18-11-05, 08:57 AM
Much you looking for inc postage :wink:

Timmy
20-11-05, 10:52 PM
i will look in to it and let you know pm me it will be easyer

Atic
02-12-05, 11:06 AM
no guide on this then i take it ?

You have one HERE (http://opelcorsaa.no.sapo.pt), just use a web trans.