PDA

View Full Version : Mickey read

Anonymous
25-09-00, 07:33 PM
do u rejet your carb a lot as its winter soon and your carb will freeze i ask cause i got 13 sr with same filter and i am thinking of rejetting mine as i cant afford a better carb but i dont know if its worth it!
What do you think??

Cheers by the way!!

Anonymous
25-09-00, 07:53 PM
no mate when u stick a filter on a car it wont really giv u more power unless u increase the fueling mines a 1.4sr engine but the 1.3 crab had slightly bigger fuel jets (another micky mod released!)

it does freeze up in the winter though and i have to change the thermostat for a winter one and block off the bonnet vent etc to stop the cool air rushing in. even with all this done it still freezes if i dont let it warm up proerlly before i take it on a motorway (which i have to do to get to work and my girlys)

has anybody got anymore tips for carb iceing for the winter coz im fucking dreading it. do the still ice up with a standerd filter and do u need the hot air suppley to stop it?

somebody out there must have sorted this problem out for me

Anonymous
25-09-00, 10:44 PM
buy an injection system m8...........only kiddin, the standard filter shouldn't freeze up

Anonymous
26-09-00, 10:14 AM
My m8 has a 14sr with a k&n. He experienced that when driving on the motorway the engine kept becoming damp/cold in the winter
What he did to get around the problem is that at the end of the standard air filter there is some ducting going down onto an exhaust manifold cover. This has the purpose of supplying the engine with warn air fron the manifold.
If you run some ducting from this manifold guard to the performance filter them you should find that you engine will cope better with wintery conditions.
I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS YOU OUT.