PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an Omega MV6 :)

dunova
07-10-05, 10:49 AM
Well, you may not care as it isnt a nova, but i just bought me an Omega MV6 (3.0 V6 207bhp) with a manual g/box :D

Ex plod, so it hasn't got leather or climate control (does have air con), but i got it for ?621 (which for a 7 year old car that cost around 30K when new i dont think is bad :!: ). Went to see it on wednesday and was happy with it-needs a new handbrake cable and tax, but otherwise i'm chuffed :D

Here's the egay link (i'll put pics up once i've collected it);

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4579304469&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:UK:12

Stuart
07-10-05, 10:53 AM
lmao get your pay sent direct to shell/bp then ;) just got rid of my fuel waster for a good ole pug 205 td, i love 45-50mpg lmao

dunova
07-10-05, 11:02 AM
Aye the fuel thing does worry me lol, but i'm only getting 22MPG around town from my 2.0 manual-so i thought i may get similar to that in the 3.0 as it doesnt have to work as hard to move the barge?!? I'll soon see (and regret) i suppose :lol:

Philsutton
07-10-05, 11:24 AM
but i'm only getting 22MPG around town from my 2.0 manual-so i thought i may get similar to that in the 3.0 as it doesnt have to work as hard to move the barge

be prepared to be surprised lol, it'll drink loads

dunova
07-10-05, 11:28 AM
Well i guess that's a sacrifice i'll have to make, but i'm sure the 207bhp rear wheel drive bit will put a grin on my face and take away the pain lol

Jack
07-10-05, 11:41 AM
The M5 will never have felt so fun :twisted:

You gonna sail the barge up to MK for the meet?

SRimon
07-10-05, 11:45 AM
Well i guess that's a sacrifice i'll have to make, but i'm sure the 207bhp rear wheel drive bit will put a grin on my face and take away the pain lol

207bhp won't seem a lot in that barge

dunova
07-10-05, 11:52 AM
The M5 will never have felt so fun :twisted:

You gonna sail the barge up to MK for the meet?
Erm, when is it? And i'm not sure i'll be able to afford the petrol :lol:

207bhp won't seem a lot in that barge
Stop putting down my new beast :cry: :lol:

It would obviously feel disgustingly fast in a nova, but my barge is INFINATELY more comfortable!!

Razorbling, you going to the MK meet? What mileage are we talking from fo shizzle Brizzle??

Jack
07-10-05, 12:00 PM
Not sure; i will have a butchers on Multimap in a bit. I seem to remember it being something like 167 miles from me, and consider im about 50 miles south of bristol so its not tooooo bad for you.

I think its on the 2nd nov... date is in the sticky thread in general from Jim though.

Hmm, just had a look on one car data site and they reckon the MV6 is slower than the 2.5 :?

dunova
07-10-05, 12:04 PM
Hmm, not sure-my 21st b'day is on the 3rd Nov so i'm not sure how it'd work out :idea:

My would a 168bhp Omega be quicker than a 207bhp Omega?! :lol:

I thought MK was North'ish of London??! Or am i being a spaz :P

burgo
07-10-05, 12:05 PM
i bet its more than 207bhp as nearly all plod omega's were chipped. the bloke next door to me has one and it flies. very nice car you have there tho

dunova
07-10-05, 12:18 PM
Cheers um'bungo :P

Interesting what you say about the chip thing-i always thought it was just a myth though :?

Maybe i should get it on the rollers and see what it makes-although they're usually quite in-accurate anyway.

I know it wont be a rocket ship, but it'll move if i want it to and the sound of the V6......................*Drool*

Stuart
07-10-05, 12:39 PM
the meet is the 19th of nov lol.

207 bhp was "ok" but not really enough for a car that weighs 1.6Tons.

i was getting 26mpg average on the commute to work... which is jsut uber crap lol

ive heard taht police cars were chipped, but at the same time ive heard from the techs that they werent, just uprated brake pads and the electric gizmos.

one thing that was really odd about a ?30K+ "luxury" cruiser was NO cup holders!!! WTF

Jack
07-10-05, 12:42 PM
lol TechnoKlaxon is official Forum Spazz :lol:

Ah yeah 19th nov, its a CCUK one im thinking of thats the 2nd lol... I thought MK was a bit more up midlands.... This side of the M1? Ahhhh i shall go consult multimap when i have finished breaking a pc....

MV6 has funky headlights as std doesn\'t it? Would mind one myself tbh 8)

dunova
07-10-05, 12:51 PM
the meet is the 19th of nov lol.

207 bhp was "ok" but not really enough for a car that weighs 1.6Tons.

i was getting 26mpg average on the commute to work... which is jsut uber crap lol

ive heard taht police cars were chipped, but at the same time ive heard from the techs that they werent, just uprated brake pads and the electric gizmos.

one thing that was really odd about a ?30K+ "luxury" cruiser was NO cup holders!!! WTF
Ahh, the 19th i may be able to acheive then. 26mpg is still better than my 22mpg :lol: Although, i do a lot of bristol schity rush hour driving.

It would be tres cool if it is chipped :D The mv6 has xenon's, like the elites razorplunge lol

No cup holder's the least of my worries-the plod one's didnt come with heated seats :o :cry: :lol:

Think i'll have to invest in some leather, mmm

Stuart
07-10-05, 01:01 PM
heated seats are plain WRONG!!!! i never used mine.

my elite didnt have the xeonons either lol it was an earlyish one.

Jack
07-10-05, 01:23 PM
I can heat my own seats 8)

Jim
07-10-05, 01:37 PM
F**king hell Jack, for someone thats on this forum as much as you im surprised you didnt know the details of the nova meet word for word :roll: lol

Oh, no non-vauxhalls allowed either, you'll have to take that jap crap elsewhere :P

Jim

dunova
07-10-05, 01:54 PM

Heated seats are the way forward! I love a hot arse on a cold winters morning :o :lol:

Cant believe the plod mv6's dont even have colour coded wind mirrors!! Think that'll have to be sorted when my irmscher grill is fitted 8)

burgo
07-10-05, 02:00 PM
well the old boy next door to me is big into his omegas so im gonna take his word for it. he also said dont tell the insurance its ex-plod as that'll put your premium up due to the little mods they do. can you still see its number on the roof??

Jack
07-10-05, 04:44 PM
F**king hell Jack, for someone thats on this forum as much as you im surprised you didnt know the details of the nova meet word for word :roll: lol

Oh, no non-vauxhalls allowed either, you'll have to take that jap crap elsewhere :P

Jim
LOL cheeky git! Worried I might show you up? :wink: :P

FlatBeatBoy
07-10-05, 04:52 PM
hes worried i arrive and spazz out :lol:

scott.parker
07-10-05, 05:18 PM
Looks and i hope for you it is a nice car mate,good price i say...

Heated seats are the way forward! I love a hot a*** on a cold winters morning :o :lol:

Cant believe the plod mv6's dont even have colour coded wind mirrors!! Think that'll have to be sorted when my irmscher grill is fitted 8)

heated seats is wrong mate,you know your ment to keep your balls cool to stay fertile :o :lol:

Scott

Stuart
07-10-05, 08:42 PM
heated seats make you feel like youve messed yourself lol

Dar
07-10-05, 09:31 PM
heated seats make you feel like youve messed yourself lol

lol - Exactly what I was just going to post. I was in a 6 series BMW with heated seats (I didn't know). Felt the warmth around my groin

Me: Have you got heated seats?
Driver: Yeah
Me: Good because I thought i'd just pissed myself

It really did have me worried for a second! :roll:
Not that I can't control my bladder or anything :oops:

ade
07-10-05, 10:04 PM
OMG - Omega - when's the launch?

he he - only jokin - I remember the omega always being known as a boat.

and as for heated deats - the sensation of wetting yourself after several beers comes to mind.

Not that I ever have of course...

:roll: :oops: :lol: