PDA

View Full Version : Badge on bonnet

Rich
06-10-05, 10:31 PM
Its probably been answered before, but the search function doesnt seem to be working.

Is there a hole under the badge on the bonnet? If not then whats the best way to get it off? Thanks for any help.

F188CHG
06-10-05, 10:55 PM
Yes 2 and stuck down m8 :wink: but it looks good when removed

Riggy
08-10-05, 04:40 PM
or get a mk1 bonnet :lol:

Rexy
08-10-05, 05:47 PM
and riggy can sell you one of them :P

Rich
08-10-05, 07:30 PM
How much would that cost me though? Its going to be alot of money to remove a badge!

Im going to have some work done at a bodyshop at some stage, so i could remove it and get the holes filled there.

scott.parker
09-10-05, 11:51 AM
How much would that cost me though? Its going to be alot of money to remove a badge!

Im going to have some work done at a bodyshop at some stage, so i could remove it and get the holes filled there.

If your lucky you could pic up a bonnet same color as yours from a scrappy for next to nothing,or just wait till the car gos to the body shop :roll:

Scott

F188CHG
09-10-05, 11:56 AM
Theres a cliver bit in the Max poer nova haynes manual for filling in holes without much work involved but i dont have a scaner to show you :?

ade
10-10-05, 12:44 AM
I never had any holes on my bonnet (mk2).

As for filling the holes - theres usually a small indentation for the badge edges too...

TBH I'd remove it then stick a new Vauxhall badge on it - bring it up to date. Save respraying your bonnet which you will have to do because I can guarantee you - you will NOT get an exact paint match and it'll look shite!

De-badging is SOOOOOOO last season - very "old skool"

lol

If you really want to remove it and fill the holes (to see if yo have holes open bonnet and look underneath!) get some thick plastic card (model shop), roughen it up (use sand paper not fists) and some epoxy resin or body filler, smear the UNDERSIDE of the bonnet with filler/resin and spply the plastic card. Then once set, rough up paintwork (again sand paper not fists) around holes, indentation and fill with filler. Smooth with various grades of wet n dry (do dry) and then skim with cellulose putty - smooth with 800 - 1000 wet n dry then respray...

8)