PDA

View Full Version : arches

Ollie555
04-10-05, 01:40 PM
hi my alloys are catching the arches wot can i do 2 stop this from happening?? could a bodyshop fix it.

F188CHG
04-10-05, 01:42 PM
get them rolled or if you like sparks use a grinder to cut the lip on the arches off :wink:

swainer69
04-10-05, 02:49 PM
what alloys do u have on ur car cus if its da wrong offset then even rollin da arches aint gunna help u!

Ollie555
04-10-05, 04:32 PM
its got 195/50/195 tyres on the car. the arches r about 1 cm away from the tyre

swainer69
04-10-05, 05:33 PM
ok so how much is da car lowered by? da easyiest way is 2 do it 1 arche at a time just jack da car up take da wheel off 2 give u more room and then just grind da lip away and then go over it with a file 4 sharp edges and then put sum primer or rust proof type paint on it 2 stop it rusting.

Or if u got da money its about ?25 a arche 2 have them rolled!!!

but i would just do it myself just dont go 2 mental with da rear arches or it will be comin in ur boot!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Rexy
04-10-05, 05:50 PM
I did mine, but im studying body and paint ops at college...

Basically they had started to go so out came mr grinder and out went the rust, then i cleaned the arches, etched and undersealed then rolled them using my special rolling tool, from there i then poked a hole which was a bubble of rust, treated and filled it with super Bog.

Primered up and then sprayed . . .

All you'll need to do is go out buy some rust treatment, sane paper, grinding disk's, paint brushes, etch primer/primer, and some paint. The job your doing is on the inside of the wheel arch so u wont really see it.

Ollie555
04-10-05, 06:11 PM
this might sound dumb but how do u roll back the arches??? the car isnt even lowered

Adam
04-10-05, 06:34 PM
this might sound dumb but how do u roll back the arches??? the car isnt even lowered
Hammer :wink: :lol:

And a flat block of metal on the front edge to stop the arch bending out.

TBH if you haven't done it before, dont try it.
As you will probably kink the arch.