PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport.. Genuine?

Will F
03-10-05, 04:45 PM
I will probably be buying a 'genuine' Sport this week
BUT
The bloke has lost the V5!!

How can I tell? The plate isnt coming up on that RAC check thing either.
He has given me the chasis number though...
HELP!

dan-hipgrave
03-10-05, 05:26 PM
any use??

http://www.carfax.com/

Phil_G
03-10-05, 07:12 PM
theres a nuber stamped somewhere in the engine bay that is which number sport it is (EG: 342)

dunno where for certain- but I think its somewhere either on drivers side inner wing or high up on hte bulk head. ITs also worth remembering that the sports were logbooked as 1300L or something daft and not actually Sport - or is that bollocks too? lol

Anyone?

Adam
03-10-05, 07:14 PM
Yeah, they are on the logbook as a nova base IIRC

Ben
03-10-05, 07:15 PM
its a fake and the guy is raping you :!:

benji
03-10-05, 07:37 PM
will, ask on the pvg site

stevei
03-10-05, 07:51 PM
do a hpi on it mate, it sould still come up as a nova base

ade
04-10-05, 12:16 AM
tell him to get a new log book then talk business to him - how do you know it aint been stolen???

until then you dont know the history of the car.

Jack
04-10-05, 08:22 AM
tell him to get a new log book then talk business to him - how do you know it aint been stolen???
Yup, DVLA should be able to issue him a replacement logbook. I wouldn't worry too much about him selling it in the meantime, anyone who's got half an ounce of sense would walk away from a car with no V5....

RJM25R
04-10-05, 08:25 AM
It's ?19 for a v5. Tell him you'll pay for it if he gets it!

Will F
04-10-05, 09:24 AM
Razorjack, wtf are you on about?
I have more than an ounce of sense thanks.

I dont really care if it doesnt have a V5, for the money I am paying I dont care if it gets reposessed!
Its been sat for 5 years in a garage.

I have the chasiss number and plate, so I will go investigate.

Stuart
04-10-05, 10:12 AM
thought it was illegal to sell a car without a V5...

its a fake, homo lol

Jack
04-10-05, 10:24 AM
thought it was illegal to sell a car without a V5...
Hmm, DVLA just says "Never buy a vehicle without a registration document/certificate even if the seller says it has been sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) for changes. "... doesn't mention the legality of it.

If you know the vehicles history then fair enough, what I was getting at was other people will probably shy away from buying if there's no V5

Will F
04-10-05, 12:10 PM
I would usually tbh.
But a cheap Nova Sport doesnt come along very often..

Thats if it really is! lol

benji
04-10-05, 04:52 PM
have you been on the pvg site?

Will F
04-10-05, 05:01 PM
Yes mate, I have put a post up!

Rexy
04-10-05, 05:07 PM
Will have you looked over it fella?

Is the air box still there (irm uk jobbie) check the serial numbers on the 40's I know its not an exact way of telling if its genuine but with the air box and gen 40's it would be a sure bet.

Also check http://www.novasport.info/ see if that helps u out.

Rex

paul james
04-10-05, 06:19 PM
does it really matter if its not a genuine sport?
If it has the proper carbs, manifold, interior and looks like a sport, who cares about a metal plate with a few numbers on it.

Stuart
04-10-05, 06:36 PM
lmao so new...

burgo
04-10-05, 06:39 PM
If it has the proper carbs, manifold, interior and looks like a sport, who cares about a metal plate with a few numbers on it.
ban him lol

Adam
04-10-05, 07:07 PM
any use??

http://www.carfax.com/
Anyone used this?

Seems alrate as it gives your cars history etc.
But you have to put your VIN in, so they could clone your cars details and run a speed camera, or 30 :lol:

Rexy
04-10-05, 11:32 PM

Thats like having your let's see - copy of your fav 12" on vinyl which took you forever to find, which has never been played and kept in totally mint condition burnt onto a CD now... think about it...

Which is gona be worth more... Go on, take a quuuiiiccckkkk guess... which would u prefer to own??? ummmm which would u have the most enjoyment out of taking it out of the sleeve and playing it threw your tech 1210's...

Or maybe it could be a copy of the rarest comic mag ever, again in mint condition never read ouuhhhhh or a copy which was written on bog role?

Or how about A Mr2 with a 355 kit on it ouuhhhh which is gona be worth more/get more attention/bring jo and so forth.

Think about it mate...

random_dav
04-10-05, 11:35 PM
Ferrari MR2 355 bag if shite...

burgo
04-10-05, 11:37 PM
Ferrari MR2 355 bag if s**t...

i have to agree rexy you were doing so well until then. imo your concidered more of a twat for having a mr2 35 than you are just owning an mr2.

Rexy
04-10-05, 11:38 PM
I certainly hope it gets my point across...

mad-driver
04-10-05, 11:39 PM

They aint are they? :| And here's me thinking they were twice as fast...duh! :lol:

Rexy
04-10-05, 11:47 PM

i have to agree rexy you were doing so well until then. imo your concidered more of a t**t for having a mr2 35 than you are just owning an mr2.

I ment would u rather have a real ferrari 355 or a Mr2 with a 355 kit on it as its practically the same as a nova pretending to be a sport.

burgo
05-10-05, 12:17 AM

i have to agree rexy you were doing so well until then. imo your concidered more of a t**t for having a mr2 35 than you are just owning an mr2.

I ment would u rather have a real ferrari 355 or a Mr2 with a 355 kit on it as its practically the same as a nova pretending to be a sport.
in that case you are spot on

Jack
05-10-05, 08:58 AM
imo your concidered more of a t**t for having a mr2 35 than you are just owning an mr2.
MR2 owners are tw*ts? Burgo is now my best friend :lol:

Just a thought, would Vauxhall not keep a record of what Novas they converted to Sports?

burgo
05-10-05, 12:29 PM
i know the above statement is true as my brother is an mr2 driver lol

Mint FRST
05-10-05, 01:36 PM
theres a nuber stamped somewhere in the engine bay that is which number sport it is (EG: 342)

dunno where for certain- but I think its somewhere either on drivers side inner wing or high up on hte bulk head. ITs also worth remembering that the sports were logbooked as 1300L or something daft and not actually Sport - or is that b******s too? lol

Anyone?

Sorry, but this isnt correct as verified by Mr Deurden & I think he should know :wink:

IIRC the chassis No should read similar to the following VSX000093F417????.

Logbook should read Vauxhall Nova BASE.

Dpnova
05-10-05, 03:01 PM
is this the k plate one you were telling me about :roll: :lol:

Jos
05-10-05, 03:33 PM
I'd truly doubt if it was a genuine.

Get the V5 before you buy it.

Why else would he be selling it so cheaply? He's not some idiot that doesn't know what its worth, he's a scammer that's trying to flog you a fake at a price you wouldn't say "no" to if it was genuine.

Leave it until he gets that V5.

paul james
05-10-05, 03:57 PM
well my nova has the sport engine, its not the correct sport shell, or even the right colour. But i dont care because its just as fun to drive, and its a whole lot less likely to get stolen, as they dont know what it is.

Rexy
05-10-05, 05:08 PM
So its basically a nova with a 1297cc engine with the irmscher cam and engine work?

Which is basically what mine is, yes its fun. But i'd love a sport.

Mint FRST
05-10-05, 07:23 PM
is this the k plate one you were telling me about :roll: :lol:

This aimed at me?

Ben
05-10-05, 11:53 PM
If it is illegal to buy a car without a logbook then 99% of cars sold through auctions are bought illegally as you very rarely get the logbook with the sale.

If you cant spot a stolen/ringed car in this day and age then you really should be asking your dad to go and hold your hand when you buy one.

I know for a fact that Will knows what to look for as we have been to look at many cars after travelling for 3 hours and turning round and coming back empty handed due to the cars being a blatent rung example.

As for being a genuine sport it shouldnt be to hard just take the copy of total vauxhall with the buying guide in LMAO.

Yes it costs ?19 to buy a new logbook unless the logbook has been destroyed by an insurance company (in which case they get re issued free of charge) or if you have the green keepers slip and you send this off and they will issue you a full logbook FOC as well.

Will F
06-10-05, 10:03 AM
Right I have been sent some pics and it look proper. That or the prev owner has bought a scrapped sport and exchanged all the bits over....

novacabrio
06-10-05, 08:15 PM
can we see some pictures? what about RAC data check, its a free service

Ben
06-10-05, 10:00 PM
See the photo's after weve collected it on Sunday :lol:

Stuart
06-10-05, 10:09 PM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=131329

there are links to the DVLA site too, i simply cant be arsed to find them seperately lol

Ben
06-10-05, 10:23 PM
Also from the 1st of February, when a person applies for a V5 logbook and they are not the recorded keeper, the DVLA will send out a V712 to the last registered owner to ensure the transaction is legitimate. However, if a person is buying from a company whose suppliers have links with MIAFTA the V712 process will, in many instances, be eliminated, as the DVLA will be advised via MIAFTA of the vehicle's disposal and the category, therefore avoiding the need to trace last registered keeper. This process will speed up the application process significantly.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

If a person purchases a vehicle from Universal that does not have a V5, they will need to complete a V62 (Registration Application Form) and send it to the DVLA at Swansea or visit their local DVLA office where they can, in many instances, fastrack their application.

Lee
06-10-05, 11:35 PM
How to spot a sport, thanks to one of our guys on PVG...

Brown interior with Daytona check SR seats
Rear seat is a one piece bench seat
Basic dashboard with no outer face vents(Blanking plates in place)
Usually no clock but most have had one fitted by now.
Early orange needle SR 6 dial insruments
Two speed heater fan
'Floppy' type drivers door mirror, passenger mirror was an optional extra! Passenger mirror is also a different size although most Sports now have later mirrors fitted.
No rear seatbelts, also an optional extra
No radio although most have them fitted now
Round lock rear tailgate
Small front brakes were fitted even though the brochure describes GTE vented brakes being fitted
Irmscher inlet manifold
Special Weber DCOE carburettors numbered 143 & 144 with vacuum advance take offs.
Irmscher UK airbox
Special upper & lower alternator brackets.
Base model front one piece bumper with white decals and stripe
No side repeaters on the wings
Did you know early door hanles are a different size!
Full decal set
13" steel wheels with what were described as 'Smooth aerodynamic wheels trims' Hmmm!
Oh and low profile Firestone tyres
Carburettor stickers for hot air feed on wheel house and service instructions on dash.

burgo
06-10-05, 11:40 PM
are early handles bigger or smaller then?

Phil_G
06-10-05, 11:40 PM

dunno where for certain- but I think its somewhere either on drivers side inner wing or high up on hte bulk head. ITs also worth remembering that the sports were logbooked as 1300L or something daft and not actually Sport - or is that b******s too? lol

Anyone?

Sorry, but this isnt correct as verified by Mr Deurden & I think he should know :wink:

Logbook should read Vauxhall Nova BASE.

Sorry pal,

on at least half of it i am right. I stated that it wasnt logbooked as a sport and you backed that up nicely. Thankyou.

Phil

Lee
07-10-05, 12:00 AM
are early handles bigger or smaller then?

Good question, ill ask him :lol:

burgo
07-10-05, 12:14 AM
just my early sr has lots of similarities (sp) to the sport and was wondering if my handles are different. i know the doors are

_JH_
07-10-05, 09:06 PM

I always understood the whole sport package was added at the dealers not the factory, if so, surely the chassis numbers wouldn't follow a sequence, so any white 1.3 base model would have a chassis number around that listed above. make sense?

If not, where did you find out that chassis number layout?

cheers

paul james
07-10-05, 09:25 PM
i believe vauxhall set aside 300 standard 1.3s for sport use, so the vin's probably do follow the same sequence. I think they sent the kits out with the cars to the dealers, actually was there more than one dealer that sold them?. I believe they also made more sport kits than sport cars too.

Mint FRST
07-10-05, 09:32 PM

I always understood the whole sport package was added at the dealers not the factory, if so, surely the chassis numbers wouldn't follow a sequence, so any white 1.3 base model would have a chassis number around that listed above. make sense?

If not, where did you find out that chassis number layout?

cheers

500 odd cars (I am told 503, other say 502, some even say 417) were built. These were in two batches, Vauxhall were allowed to build a homologation model based around a production model. So a run of 500 cars based around a Nova swing model were built. All right hand drive models I am told had their decals put on at the docks. The cars were delivered to their supplying dealers with the carb's,airbox etc in the boot. It was down to new owner whether the carb's were fitted at the dealerships.

I have owned two Sport's in which I still have one and both have/had the chassis No's in the sequence I mention above. I am led to believe that all Sports chassis No's start in this sequence.

_JH_
07-10-05, 09:36 PM
I see!

cheers

Lee
07-10-05, 10:25 PM
just my early sr has lots of similarities (sp) to the sport and was wondering if my handles are different. i know the doors are

He rekons they were smaller..
EPC lists 7.5 & 9.5mm handles apparently

novacabrio
08-10-05, 06:39 PM
I Thought stickers got put on at dealer along with the carbs?

Ben
11-10-05, 09:21 PM
Its genuine and parked in my lock up.

Mark need to talk to you about it :wink:

Col_Mk1
11-10-05, 10:33 PM
Its genuine and parked in my lock up.

Mark need to talk to you about it :wink:any pics ?

Ben
12-10-05, 09:32 PM
Tommorow-ish if i have Mr F's permission to publish them :?: