PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Chavs

Rexy
02-10-05, 08:21 PM
Grrr :@ Bit of a rant really.

Been out most of the weekend up to kevs sat / Random dav's Friday so hardly been at home, Naturally the novas been on the drive all by its self (no damage tho) anyways...

some chavvy lad came round asking if i want to buy some bits for it, I was still in wales, well sat in a low lowder with kevs old cabby on the back. sister naturally was dumb and didnt think anything of it, he was on foot as well. Just really bothered now :@ really don't need my baby going missing.

scott.parker
02-10-05, 08:26 PM
Try find a small lockup of the council nr by mate,and make it watertight :lol:

woment never on there gard :roll:

Scott

Adam
02-10-05, 08:27 PM
He could of just wanted to know if you wanted to buy some parts?

Then again, he could come back tonight, and then return tomorrow asking whether you want to buy some parts of your car back? :lol:

Keep an eye out :wink:

Riggy
02-10-05, 08:31 PM
aye not good matey

drop it off here mate ill look after it for you :wink:

scott.parker
02-10-05, 08:41 PM
aye not good matey

*cough* strip it and swap parts*cough* or you could put a real engine in there for him as you dont want one in yours! :lol:

Scott

CP
02-10-05, 08:51 PM
Take the battery/dizzy cap/rotor arm etc out of it and put it up on axle stands with the wheels off :wink:

Riggy
02-10-05, 08:57 PM
aye not good matey

*cough* strip it and swap parts*cough* or you could put a real engine in there for him as you dont want one in yours! :lol:

Scott

PMSL ive been doin that all day lol

my grey sr looks so sorry now :cry:

but my 1.0 is bling :lol:

Mike.
02-10-05, 09:05 PM
i've had some strange person ask the same things, when my nova was in the drive way, that got me rattled so i left the car on axle stands with the battery disconected, i eventually put my car in a garage

novamadcars
02-10-05, 09:33 PM
dont blame you mike
ive had some weird going ons round here aswell last week a white standard nova was siting out side my drive full of chavs and this happened again 2 days later so i took the battery out and the coil lead of a night havent seen them since but garantee ill be seeing more of them siting out side my drive :evil: :evil:

Ste-V
02-10-05, 10:07 PM
I normally swap a couple of the HT Leads around... S'pose you could disconnect battery but if they decide they want a quick look under bonnet to see whats wrong, they'll notice it instantly.

Rexy
03-10-05, 11:38 AM
Cheers fella's, I've been doing the ole battery etc dissconnection thing anyways, always do since somebody tried to steal my yellow sr.

He might be somebody i know or know of, but I hate people asking me to buy stuff randomly in the street. In my eyes its just another way to scope things out. Think i might buy a pit bull again and leave him in my car.

Philsutton
03-10-05, 01:30 PM
best thing is the ht leads one as you will hear them trying to fire it up, that gives you more time to get outside an snap the crack heads neck

Jack
03-10-05, 01:37 PM
Electrodes in the door handles/seats wired to an independent battery.... :twisted:

Philsutton
03-10-05, 01:47 PM
fuck that a battery wont empty their bowels get it straight of the mains

F188CHG
03-10-05, 02:15 PM
instead of swaping the HT Leads you could just take em off ? or get a batter cut off like the rally cars have and mount it under the dash or some thing

Jack
03-10-05, 02:30 PM
instead of swaping the HT Leads you could just take em off ? or get a batter cut off like the rally cars have and mount it under the dash or some thing
They'd notice the HT leads were missing though... if they were in the wrong order they probably wouldn't notice this and try to start the car as normal, but obviously the car wouldn't start - as Phil said, gives you time to run out and say hello to them lol

And also if they see hte HT leads are missing they'll not bother trying to drive it away and just kick it in, steal bits etc... if the first thing they do is try and nick it the engine will just turn over and give you a chance to hear it before they do any serious damage, or scare them off as they've made a noise...

F188CHG
03-10-05, 03:54 PM
Ahhhh i c :o

i have a toad alarm so i should hear that :wink:

Rexy
03-10-05, 03:57 PM
i'll have one of them in a few days too, Wonder where I'll put the control boxes in a fully stripped out nova Ummm...

F188CHG
03-10-05, 04:11 PM
you still got the dash? put it behind that

Mike
03-10-05, 06:28 PM
since i hade mine robbed, ive had two alarms fitted, one loud and one thats fricken mega loud mounted inside the car. if your un;ucky enough to be in there when it goes off...erm lets just say its a little disorientating! :| :wink:

aswell as x2 security cameras, x3 metal bollards and a set of 6ft high gates! (bonus as my dad bought it all as its his house!) :lol:

sickrabbit
03-10-05, 09:44 PM
Have a look on the CPC website...theres dummy cctv ( and it DOES work as a deterant ) - if you do obtain one , make sure it points only onto the motor / driveway parking area ( nieghbours can have you for invasion of privacy - even if its a dud ) and put up a warning sign ( by law this must be observed ) that your using cctv. i ,ve watched people walk past my home see the sign , and then look for the cameras . You,ll be surprised at the results. For those who,ll question this , just think - the first thing that comes to mind when you pass cctv is who,s recording you - NOT is that a dummy camera - would you take a gamble ? . I,ve a couple placed at home and alongside security lighting , so far I,ve been lucky.........( hope that doesnt tempt fate .) The motors alarmed n all and has steering batons and gear locks......Its a chuffin shame you cant trust people to leave your property alone.

Its a cheap option.