PDA

View Full Version : mk2 dash:- heater components?

bob
02-10-05, 10:00 AM
i have been fitting a mk2 dash and I have found i need different cables/sliders for the heater, will i need a different chunk of bottom heater matrix also? where they should clip in?

Ste_Nova
02-10-05, 11:36 AM
2 zipties per side will hold them in

Spudly
02-10-05, 12:35 PM
Or u jus find a mk2 in scrappy an swipe the cables from that the heater box end of the cables clips in the same as the mk1 jobbies its jus the top end thats different, apparently they are silly money from vaux, and very hard to come by ive been told, unless thats jus round ere!

Jack
02-10-05, 01:18 PM
Get some cables from a scrappy out of a mk1 and bend the top end of the cables round the heater controls on the Mk2 - thats how I did my saloon, iirc it was a lot easier than trying to use mk2 cables and fix the bottom end to the Mk1 heater...

Spudly
02-10-05, 01:25 PM
My mk1 was the heater box with no side vents at all, and i left that in when i did a mk2 dash conversion and the mk2 cables clipped into that with no problems at all, so you dont need to change ths bottom of the box, unless some of em r different, but as far as i no they arent!!!

bob
02-10-05, 06:44 PM
got some 2nd hand cables off good old colin smith coming :) having problems wiring in temp gauge n indicator wire for some reason :s

Riggy
02-10-05, 08:51 PM
you will need to change the bottom cover for the heater matrix aswell mate

cant remember why at the min though lol

bob
02-10-05, 10:27 PM
well we will see what happens when they arrives, with a bit of luck my friend will be bk from ibiza and i can carry on blaggin parts off the TD he is dismantling