PDA

View Full Version : Clunking noise?

NOVA_JONO
29-09-05, 12:21 PM
When i've put my car into reverse gear and start to reverse a loudish clunking noise comes from the front end about twice, could this be cv joints or something?
Also when i am driving along the steering feels a bit slack (i.e movement in steering wheel without the car changing direction) and also the steering wheel moves side to side slightly under braking?
Any help will be appreciated

Cheers Jono.

Adam
29-09-05, 03:07 PM
Are your wheel bolts tightened properly.
IF they are loose you can sometimes get a clunk when you move, as the wheel bolts aren't holding the wheel tight.

Dar
29-09-05, 05:23 PM
If I where you I would jack up the front end of the car and make sure everything is tight. It could be a number of things that have worked lose.

When I say everything I mean stuff like the tie-rods, TCA's etc.Im sure you will either find something slack OR badly worn.

johnny27
29-09-05, 06:41 PM
track rod ends in the novas and corsas have'nt got a very long life, usually replaced nearly every MOT. Jack it up and check for wheel play from side to side and in and out.

Nick
29-09-05, 07:18 PM
track rod ends in the novas and corsas have'nt got a very long life, usually replaced nearly every MOT. Jack it up and check for wheel play from side to side and in and out.

hmm 14 years and mine are fine lol

johnny27
29-09-05, 07:24 PM
roads here in Ireland are about 10x worse than england, ask dod sham. Plus most of us can't even us alloys like tsw and so forth, its that bad, the GM ones are much stronger.

Philsutton
29-09-05, 07:51 PM
hmm 14 years and mine are fine lol

you must drive like a pansy then, not pushing it hard enough if nothing is faling off or breaking lmao