PDA

View Full Version : Engine Conversion

novadlimit
28-09-05, 07:27 PM
Ello,

My brothers nova project he left me is nearing completion but will still have the 1.2i engine in it :?
He did buy a 2.0 16v redtop from an astra which is still down the side of the house and the machined 2ltr shafts for the nova. Now the question, i neither have the knowledge or the time to fit the engine myself so just wondering if anyone knows of a place that will do it all for me. I have been on 'just novas' website but they want 5k!

Anyone?

STE Novavanman
28-09-05, 08:32 PM
you can go to any garage they will give you an estimate but wont be much cheaper and ask the boys on here from justnovas (except phil :lol: :lol: ) and they will tell you the same but they know what they are doing.

Riggy
28-09-05, 10:51 PM
alright matey hows things ,hope all is well

i think the closest place to us that would do it would be pro-tec in preston , ill dig the number out for you

yellow nova
28-09-05, 11:25 PM
you supply all the bits and get the car to me and ill fit it for you

Lee H
29-09-05, 09:36 AM
Ello,

My brothers nova project he left me is nearing completion but will still have the 1.2i engine in it :?
He did buy a 2.0 16v redtop from an astra which is still down the side of the house and the machined 2ltr shafts for the nova. Now the question, i neither have the knowledge or the time to fit the engine myself so just wondering if anyone knows of a place that will do it all for me. I have been on 'just novas' website but they want 5k!

Anyone?

Whereabouts in Manchester are you?

Ste L
29-09-05, 09:48 PM
Ello,

Anyone?

your mikey Dunn's borther aint ya?

if you need a hand fitting an engine, only live round the corner from you

novadlimit
29-09-05, 11:19 PM
Wow what a positive response! :D I will remember these offers when the car is finally out of bodyshop. Yeah i am Mikes Brother, just trying to finish the project he started on. I am in Sale by the way - And Lee think me and my bro met you if you are tonydrys mate? we popped down to tony house and my bro bought a digi dash off him and he appeared in ur nova if i remeber correctly..

Still need to rebuild the engine first as its in two pieces and stood for well over a year - Mike has got so many parts in loads of boxes for the conversion so i am not entirely sure what he was able to get apart from the engine (obviously) and the shafts. Think better start routing, gotta do it one day.

Ste L
30-09-05, 12:06 AM
I am in Sale by the way

on the one way bit right? not far from me at all then, just near center of sale me, probably seen my shitter around :lol:

should fit the engine your self, it aint really that difficult...

well, when ya got a spare Lee H, for help with wiring :lol:
oh yea, on that note, lee, might need a hand off ya in a few weeks :)

Lee H
30-09-05, 08:59 AM
No worries mate, what you need help with?

Philsutton
30-09-05, 11:09 AM
I have been on 'just novas' website but they want 5k!

not read it properly then

Ste L
30-09-05, 12:01 PM
No worries mate, what you need help with?

wiring a your old gsi engine in another nova again lol

Lee H
30-09-05, 12:08 PM
Tell more? What happened?

Ste L
30-09-05, 06:28 PM
its going in a new shell, the red one's not too healthy lmao, engine bay's starting to split, got a hude hole behind passenger side turret, in the engine bay

novadlimit
01-10-05, 12:12 AM
Yeah im on the one-way, small world!

Did email just novas for a quote as i have some of the parts but not got a reply..
[/quote]

Ste L
01-10-05, 12:44 AM
what parts have you got?

justnovas
02-10-05, 07:13 PM
We can weld up bay and fit all your parts, drive out with us supplying drive shafts and comp mounts for ?1500.
The drive shafts are ?250 if not need take that off price
Need 3bar fuel system and uprated exhaust.
Hope this helps
Paul

Ben
02-10-05, 07:22 PM
Can get XE's pro fitted with shafts supplied etc and welding bay etc for about 1k posibly a bit less, he is in Oxford way.

boredbloke
02-10-05, 10:39 PM
^^ might make a mental note of that for future reference!