PDA

View Full Version : lotus carlton conversion?

ESXrugbyplaya17
27-09-05, 11:02 PM
just wondering is it possible to do a lotus carlton engine conversion and has it ever been done ne one got ne examples?

Jack
27-09-05, 11:39 PM
Got ?15k to buy a Carlton to whip the engine out of?

There's your answer... :lol:

Stuart
28-09-05, 07:58 AM
?15k ?!?!?! last one i saw for sale was ?20K lmao

i dont thinkg the engine and gearbox would fit in the length of a nova, let alone getting a short propshaft and axel inplace lol.

Jack
28-09-05, 08:27 AM
?15k ?!?!?! last one i saw for sale was ?20K lmao
Well I was going to put that... there's two on Autotrader for ?20k, one for ?30k(!!), and one for ?7995, but I'm guessing the latter is either a) shagged, b) fake or c) the owner doesn't know what it is lol

There was one round here... I think the guy has sold it or doesn't use it much any more as I've only seen it once or twice recently.

NovalutionGSi
28-09-05, 09:58 AM
I have had this idea before....in one of my badly thought out moments...and came to the same conclusion on the price of parts.....i'm sure a lil bird told me that if you were lucky enough to find one for Scrap then it would be up for a high price anyway...like around 10K! :o

NOVA_JONO
28-09-05, 10:01 AM
:o Lotus carlton engine would be too heavy anway would'nt it?

Philsutton
28-09-05, 12:08 PM
arent we fogetting the fact that if you did buy a lotus carlton and rip the engine out your going to have the whole carlton crew after you. They'll kill you for taking the engine out an puttin git in a nova pmsl

Mike
28-09-05, 12:27 PM
And the fact that the engine is longer than a nova? youd need some driveshafts from a quarry dumper! lol :lol:

mike

ESXrugbyplaya17
28-09-05, 12:33 PM
so in conlusion no its not been done lol altho i dnt think the engine would be to heavy if u can fit it in there then it would be a beast i mean if it can propel a carlton to 60 in 5.2 seconds it would certainley do it in less in a nova. oh well my dreams have been shatterd looks like it will just have to be the 2litre turbo then oh well.

NovalutionGSi
28-09-05, 12:35 PM
Do it if you fancy it mate but it would have to be RWD and what an animal it would be.....i think if it was done it would last all of 10 miles before you ditched it! :o

Jack
28-09-05, 12:51 PM
LOL 0-60 would be about 12 seconds - 11.5 of which it would spend shredding the tyres :lol:

ESXrugbyplaya17
28-09-05, 12:54 PM
for an old skool razor jack ur info is a lil shoddy check out the general lotus carlton/omega section on this site

http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/

Jack
28-09-05, 01:12 PM
Er... what info?!? lmfao the only info i've mentioned is the 377bhp which according to that site is correct... and the 0-60 in 12 seconds was with reference to the engine in a nova - hence the talk of shredding the tyres... :wink: :P

Nick
28-09-05, 01:30 PM
for an old skool razor jack ur info is a lil shoddy check out the general lotus carlton/omega section on this site

http://www.lotus-carlton.co.uk/

yer jack you pussy !

anyway, I think you should be shot for even considering doing it....

the engine is much much much more at home in a carlton. Let's face it nova's a pretty crappy cars in all honesty, i don't think anyone is insane enough to buy a 20k legendary car, rip it to bits and put it in a ?500 rustbox

Kruger
28-09-05, 02:10 PM
Their old carltons at the end of the day, just worth a lot more than a cavalier turbo,lol

You can pick them up for ?8k for an opel left hand drive model, and then you'd have to pretty much space frame the nova chassis anyway, so not really keeping it nova, but I'd like to see someone have a go at one.

Mike
28-09-05, 03:00 PM
why not put all 377bhp or whatever they are in the boot of a nova salon? the rwd it, add NOS and a twin super charger then runit on methanol. oh, and dont forget a parachute and some air brakes of a jet fighter. job done. :lol: :lol:

mike

Jack
28-09-05, 03:13 PM
why not put all 377bhp or whatever they are in the boot of a nova salon?
Don't see many novas in this salon
http://www.ginoharvardsq.com/images/down.jpg

:lol: :wink: