PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window problems

Jos
27-09-05, 04:50 PM
Hi all, I recently took my electric windows apart, and replaced them.

Ever since I did so, they began getting "stuck" when going down, as if it's rubbing on something. A friend of mine said it may be missing some brushes or something?

It doesn't stick when it goes up, atleast not so bad as to make the window halt. But when the window is going down, it requires me to have one hand on back of the window pushing it down and the other holding the switch - with no hands on the steering wheel :P

Any clues what the problem would be?

Riggy
27-09-05, 05:06 PM
sometimes its as simple as the sliders just need a bit of lube (ohhh)

other times the rivits can work a bit lose and it moves slightly , id check all your rivits and see if any are loose :lol:

ps it was funny watching you do it on sat lol :lol:

Nick
27-09-05, 05:09 PM
the little dividing pillar in the door glass (divides the moving part from the little triangular fixed panel) sometimes causes this.

As the window is moving up it catches in the little pillar.

So do what riggy suggested, and then try putting a little washing up liquid, or wd40 down the gap where the window slides, mine stuck a little and this solved it.

you'l get a little WD40 on your windows everytime you put them up and down, but it'l eventually clear up

Jos
28-09-05, 08:43 AM
ps it was funny watching you do it on sat lol :lol:

:lol: trying to follow you two, while steering with my knees wasn't the best plan...

Jos
28-09-05, 08:44 AM
thanks both, I will go hunting for the culprit tonight :evil: