PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts

wardyworld
26-09-05, 06:02 PM
Hi,

As some of you know - my engine mounts on my 91 GSi are shagged.

I need all 3 mounts, decided on silicone sealant in the mounts, with new vauxhall rubber mounts to make it firm, but not too firm.

Vauxhall cant get the offside rubber anymore! So no set of new mounts for me.

Does anyone know any company that sells new rubber engine mounts for my GSi?

cheers,

Adam.

Adam
26-09-05, 06:11 PM
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/StockList.asp?carID=5&cat=33

wardyworld
26-09-05, 06:19 PM
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/StockList.asp?carID=5&cat=33

Hi mate,

cheers for that - sorry - I meant to say near side they can't get - obviously autovaux are the same, thats why there is only 2 listed.

Any ideas otherwise? Competition mounts, etc?

I really have no clue who to get 'em from!

Cheers,

Adam.

NovaBen
26-09-05, 06:39 PM
Peter Lloyd Rallying and Pro Tec Motorsport do competition engine mounts.

www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk
www.pro-tecmotorsport.com

Ben 8)

wardyworld
26-09-05, 06:49 PM
Peter Lloyd Rallying and Pro Tec Motorsport do competition engine mounts.

www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk
www.pro-tecmotorsport.com

Ben 8)

Hi Ben,

thanks mate - last question:

Do the competition mountings have any effect on the car? Or are they just uprated versions of the standard vauxhall rubbers?

Does it drive any differently?

Cheers,

Adam.

NovaBen
26-09-05, 06:57 PM
They do make a considerable difference. Usually with the competition mounts, they are solid! So every movement the engine does, the car does too! :o
They are usually ok for a rally/race car, but if its an everyday driver, then they might not be what you're after!

Ben 8)

wardyworld
26-09-05, 07:04 PM
They do make a considerable difference. Usually with the competition mounts, they are solid! So every movement the engine does, the car does too! :o
They are usually ok for a rally/race car, but if its an everyday driver, then they might not be what you're after!

Ben 8)

right - thanks for that - it is a daily driver, and i want smoothness - thats why the mounts need changing cause the car jerks when you unload the engine (lift off) at low speeds and its driving me mad!

cheers,

will contact AutoVaux and see what they can do for me

Adam.

Riggy
26-09-05, 07:23 PM
most motor factors can get std engine mounts i know mine can

try places like bms etc etc :lol:

scott.parker
26-09-05, 10:11 PM

Ben 8)

right - thanks for that - it is a daily driver, and i want smoothness - thats why the mounts need changing cause the car jerks when you unload the engine (lift off) at low speeds and its driving me mad!

cheers,

will contact AutoVaux and see what they can do for me

Adam.

Dude try loads of places for the Standard one's first,just keep ring places,oh umm i have some old ones that didnt see too many miles,what one is it you canrt get hold of agiain?

But if you still dont have any by the time you meet me mate you will get to see what "Solid" mounts are like from mine.

Scott