PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs

rudeboy69r
26-09-05, 03:40 PM
Iv just bought sum blue h4 bulbs and fitted them but the light is still yellowey! can u get replacement little bulbs?(the little ones at the side of the main bulb) if u can what size r they and anything else would be gr8? and were do u get them from?
cheers liam.

Stuart
26-09-05, 03:50 PM
a bloke on mig called "EVIL" does LED replacements for the side lights for not much cash.

ive found the blueyer light gives me a headache while driving lots in the dark... plus its fooking annoying to other road users lol, just make sure you ahve them adjusted appropriately

Philsutton
26-09-05, 03:52 PM
yes you can get blue side lights but on mian beam they wll still be white/yellow. No matter what colour they look at the main beam will always be the same colour as its illegal to have it any other.

Just get the junior pack of crayons out an get colouring

scott.parker
26-09-05, 10:15 PM
As sut said there is LED blue side lights you can get,but there not legal and cops hate them! your warnd...

As for the headlights just get some 100w/70w off road use bulbs,as there ace for road night use,but again none legal,i need some as i have some doddgy all condition blue/yellow ones that are wank and do what stu said to your head! :lol:

Scott

Jack
27-09-05, 09:42 AM
Sidelights are capless 501. UltraLEDs (http://www.ultraleds.co.uk) sell a range of replacements - if you want to avoid hassle from the law then stick with the white/"Xenon" ones. BEAR IN MIND on novas the sidelight is right next to the headlight bulb, so multi-led sidelight bulbs may well have a tendency to melt and flicker or go out.

As for the headlights, get some proper ones :lol: PIAA do a good range but expect to pay for it. 6000k should see you good, I've got 8000k one mine for low beam which looks nice and gives a pale blue light but for high beam I've got 6000k ones which are much "brighter" (ahh the advantages of having two separate headlights lol). Most PIAA high output bulbs only draw the same power as std bulbs (so 55/60W on H4 but output around 100/110W).

If you have lots of money to burn then get a HID kit... could be hassle on a nova though as you'll need to wire up some headlight washers.

Stuart
27-09-05, 11:53 AM
and a proper auto leveling system too.

ive got the white LED's from mig, but not actually used them yet as ive not made the loom for the hova yet.

Jack
27-09-05, 12:10 PM
and a proper auto leveling system too.
Good point; if there's one thing that bugs me its people with improperly levelled lights... High power bright ones can be fine if levelled properly, and normal ones can be blinding if not...

rudeboy69r
27-09-05, 08:09 PM
cheers people. but i was thinking! would i be able to paint on the bulb with blue neon light paint from say motorworld or sumfing?

scott.parker
28-09-05, 12:07 AM
Why when the coast of paint is more then likely more then the light bulbs them self... :roll:

Jack
28-09-05, 12:12 AM
...And the paint WILL melt... :lol:

rudeboy69r
28-09-05, 03:05 PM
what even heat resistant bulb paint will melt?

Jack
28-09-05, 03:18 PM
Yup! I tried some bulb paint on a few of mine before... was ok for a few days then melted or flaked off... anyway the colour is never as good as LED ones, and at least with LEDs you can get white ones and be legal...

Nick
28-09-05, 03:30 PM
or you could get some glasses and stick with your normal bulbs ?

mine are fine :-D

no, but as jak said the paint will melt, halogen gets extreamly hot