PDA

View Full Version : what to get next

vinny1684
26-09-05, 09:20 AM
hi all, ive got a k reg nova sri, mint condition, and ive had it for 4 years now.

Recently ive aquired ?5000 off my granda, what should i get?

My dad is kinda offering me his saxo vts for ?4000 and he will insure it in his name (like we have on the nova) his vts is a 2002 reg, only about 25000 miles (he drives like my grandma so its not flogged)

what do you think? any other hot hatches to get? thats not old and fucked up for my 5k?

Jack
26-09-05, 09:29 AM
Ooooo you could buy an ST185 GT4 for that :lol:

Stuart
26-09-05, 10:11 AM
or keep the SRI and insure it properly without fronting....

ade
26-09-05, 10:33 AM
I agree - get off your dads insurance. This is wrong - will invalidade your insurance if you have to make a claim (I know coz I work for car insurance and see it happen all the time) and you'll be right up sh1te creek!

Start earning your own no claims discount - you'll soon find the amount will drop after a couple of years.

With the money thats left - stick ?1500 in a high interest savings accounts for "future vehicla mods/rainy day" and the rest just get the nova checked over, smarten it up and perhaps pay a garage to derust cruicial parts (like arches etc). get it resealed and it'll keep you going for another 10 yrs.

Dont get the saxo - whats the point and you can pick up that type for cheraper than ?4k!

If yer gonna get anything get the new citroen C2 VTR - well smart looking.

vinny1684
26-09-05, 10:37 AM
or keep the SRI and insure it properly without fronting....
all prices are stupid

no... lol and even if i did want to insure it myself, there aint that much difference now i got 4 years driving under my belt, with my dad insurance its like ?550 ish and on my own it would be ?680 (just got a quote)

Saxo vts on my dads is ?790 and on my own its about ?1800

So.... that means to me... cash in my pocket is better than some huge money hungry business. what are you worrying about? if i bump you, you still get the claim!

vinny1684
26-09-05, 10:41 AM
to ade:

i had a bump when i first past my test, i caved in the back of a peugeot...

insurance people didnt say a thing, i filled in a form, and walah.

the reason im getting rid of the nova is because its smart outside (had 4 new arches and a respray done about 2 years ago) engine is sweet, only got 75k miles on, but ive just had a shit loadsa welding need done to let it pass its mot.

ive been told by next year theres not much they can do with the chassis, it may be scrap.

ade
26-09-05, 10:47 AM
fair enough. I'd still get the insurance myself though. Theres only so long you can stay on your dads insurance - eventually you'll need to get your own - may as well bite the bullet whilst you have the cash.

How old are you?

Jack
26-09-05, 10:50 AM
So.... that means to me... cash in my pocket is better than some huge money hungry business. what are you worrying about? if i bump you, you still get the claim!
Not if your insurance refuses to pay out - happens more often than you might think.

And I'm sure your dad will love you for losing his NCB for him lol

Anyway, have a butchers on autotrader and see whats about for your cash (i'd have a look now but can't get to it from work :evil: )

General Baxter
26-09-05, 11:25 AM
get the saxo, and spend the rest on halfords rip speed stuff, so when your driving it, people will say what a tosser!

i personal will keep the nova!

Mike
26-09-05, 12:57 PM
insurance permitting, personally id LET or XE your nova.

Scoobys, how slow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike