PDA

View Full Version : Advice on the law please

5T1G
25-09-05, 10:22 PM
RUSTED

dan16v
25-09-05, 10:45 PM
well why the hell dont you make an attempt to fill out the docs? :roll:

yes it will be tracked down to you! i got a sorn fine when i didnt own the car any more, i had sold it to a mate, he didnt tax it! i phoned the dvla gave them his name etc and he ended up with the fine :lol:

Stuart
26-09-05, 07:53 AM
bend over and lube up as by not sending off the V5C means your trying to evade paying road tax etc...

ade
26-09-05, 08:51 AM
is the car insured???

you need to send docs off because althoughyou carry the little green bit about with you if yoour not the owner/registerred keeper you insurance could be voided!

And that will stick you right up sh1te creek because if you have to go to the police to produce docs for any reason they'll wanna see proof you own the vehicle.

register it and pay the fine/accept points when camera pic comes through - unless youre lucky and it doesnt.

Dont think the police will have been working on the camera pic - if that was the case theyd just send it out to your house with a pic of you driving. A camera cant tell if youre drivinf erratically - more likely someone dobbed you in.

5T1G
26-09-05, 08:55 AM
I am insured on the car and it is taxed and MOT the problem that i have is that i haven't been driving 2years and already have 4points for Driving without due care and attention i speeding fine is 3points fixed and although the car isn't registored to me the police no that i have been driving it anmd more importantley know that i was driving it on the night i got flashed.

Will the DVLA liase with the police to work out that i was driving and give me the points.

This will take me over 6 and i will lose my licence

Stuart
26-09-05, 10:05 AM
to be fair its your own fault and you have done the crime, now do the time (so to speak)

i dont think your gonna get much sympathy from here as you were blatantly speeding etc....

Chris
26-09-05, 10:11 AM
it is the responsibility of the seller to send the V5 off to ensure that he is no longer responsible for the vehicle

Chris

Mike
26-09-05, 12:59 PM
Basically, your shafted. No V5, not good.

I'd say your buggerd

Nick
26-09-05, 05:32 PM
tough luck.

I HOPE they trace it to you and you get banned.

Remember, 2 years probation - can't exceed 6 points