PDA

View Full Version : WARNING of 3rd party phone contracts

scott.parker
23-09-05, 10:17 PM
Me of all people is normaly very carefull as to who i spaek to on the phone about phone talk plans and money etc..well i had a call a few weeks back from "orange" saying my upgrade is due soon and did i wish to do this over the phone to make life easyer,i said oh ok then would make sense,so i was talking for ages to this guy and he said ok the phone nokia etc etc will be with you three days affter contract end date 17/9/05 and asked if he could take my bank details,i said no i said you never needed them before mate,he said i need to clarify your who you say you are,so i said ok,he asked for sort and acount number i said ok her is my sort code thinking you canr t do much with that (wrong)
so anyway i said i would call back with the acount details later when i got home,i range orange direct from my phone later and talkt to them they told me it was 3rd partt phone contract sales and to decline so i did,and whent about my daily life,and then two days ago i had a call missed call and answerphone msg saying your phone will arive shortly???? :o
so i rang them back and said i had cancled this and though it was not coming,so the guy say oh yes sir sorry to bother you(theres me thinking well they carnt do shit without my acountnumber-wrong)
yesterday i get a note of royal mail saying colletc parcel from depo etc,and now my phone has just been cut off :x rang orange again and told them whats happend they said call them and tell them there phone is being sent back and to cancle contract and we will sort ti from there nad you can upgrade to the phone of your chioce,so if all gos well i sheel sort it and learn from it(nothing is safe anymore) and then get the new nokia N90....

You have been warnd,oh it apears the so calld "orange dealr" is calld Club mobile and im the 12 person this week the guy told me to have had this done to them,how the fuck they can let this happen i dont know..:roll:

Scott

Dar
23-09-05, 10:22 PM
I know that one! Almost got caught by it myself. I honestly don't know how they can let it happen. When the 3rd party phoned me that had all my details about my phone contract etc.

I was told by orange that they NEVER call you about phone upgrades. I don't trust ANYBODY who phones me up wanting to talk to me about anything to do with money or services anymore.

scott.parker
23-09-05, 10:26 PM
Yeah but the thing is just think i had gone out or something,im sat here with no god dam phone and i might be without one for a while now! :roll: fuck how was i so stupid,but more to the point how could they be so decitefull and still go and do it... :evil: mutherfuckers!!!!!!!!

Dar
23-09-05, 10:29 PM
I know its fucking annoying. Try swallowing getting ripped off for 12k :cry:

scott.parker
23-09-05, 10:35 PM
I know its f**k annoying. Try swallowing getting ripped off for 12k :cry: :o ??

ade
23-09-05, 10:59 PM
I'm sick to death of cold callers! I recently got bombarded by 3G trying to flog me a "free" phone for ?5 a month!!!

Fecking foreign call centre too so I couldnt make out what she was saying! I said - "look I used to work for T-Mobile so have a free phone and contract for life with unlimited UK calls - why would I want a phone with 3G"

She says - "because its free for ?5 a month and you get video messaging"

I say - "yeah but ?5 a month is NOT free and I dont know anyone with a video phone + I dont get reception at my home (she called me on my land line)"

She says - "yes but do you make more than ?10 of calls a month?"

I say - "NO - I make over ?100 a month and heyre all FREE!"

She says - "okay no need to shout - so you dont want it then"

I say - "CORRECTAMUNDUS! Goodbye"

30 minutes later the same company call me back offering the same deal!

:roll: :x

I've discovered that this happens on a recurring cycle every 3 months. It starts with charities - usually Oxfam, barnardos and cancer research, then it switches to phones and then to House Insurance.

feckin eegits!

Dar
23-09-05, 11:09 PM
Register with the telephone preference service.
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/
That will cut some of the calls out. I did it and it does work. You still get the odd few. I asked the last one who phoned me how they got my number and he said that they didn't bother with phone lists or anything like that. They just cycled through possible phone numbers.

When its a call centre you usually get a second or two delay before the person on the other end starts to talk, so if you answer the phone and get a dead line just hang up. If they do get you then, if your feeling tollerent the hello game is great to play. You say hello, they say hello, you say hello and so on. you can add bits in. I used to love doing that :lol:

Another thing that also worked for me was saying that no one of that name lived at this number, or say no sorry they died.

ade
23-09-05, 11:13 PM
lol - the hello games a good one! Will try that. Worked out the slow connection recently - thats gool until I got a slap for cutting the wife off!

:x

scott.parker
23-09-05, 11:56 PM
lol to hello game,my mates dad picks up and if tis a call center says hello then yes -yes ....yes ok then puts the phoine on the sofa walks off makes a cup of tea comes back says yes then puts the phone down for a bout a nother ten mins so on so on... :lol:

Jack
24-09-05, 12:02 AM
lmfao I was doing that to some girl from Penzance that rang me when I was in Cornwall :lol:

ANDYRACER
24-09-05, 02:26 PM
God i hate them call centres, piss me right off, always have a habit of ringing me when the footy is on or im in bed, usually get the royal fuk off from me :evil:

bump
24-09-05, 04:52 PM
i love having hold and call transfer on my phone, i just bung em on hold then wait till the light goes out. some bod from staybrite was waiting for 45 mins

Nick
24-09-05, 05:09 PM
been getting some from indian call centres about upgrading my phone.

just put it down, you never know if it could be costing you to recieve calls from them

sh0rty
25-09-05, 05:52 PM
Why were you soft enought to give BANK details for ID? certainly not a full account number anyway. if they wanted it you could give last 4 digits or something. thats really dodgy, have you checked your bank account for anything gone out? know you didnt give it, but worth keeping an eye out for it. certain sort code etc. dunno lol. be more careful

Stuart
25-09-05, 05:58 PM
i had some insurance company try to pull a fast one on me, they said that they were my phone insurers and taht they had a better deal for me etc, then asked me for my bank details so i said "well if your my existing insurance company you already know them... so i asked them to confirm a few details that they should have had but didnt. Got the FO from me and i then asked for his name, desk phone humber, bosses name and company full name. he gave them to me and i then called my proper ins company to report this other company as fraudsters. I also cancelled my ins with them then to lol the only companies to get my number were phones 4u and the ins company, so how did a 3rd party insurere get the number and phone model.....

scott.parker
25-09-05, 07:25 PM
Well thats what buged me stu he was claiming to be orange,well i got the phone from the roaly mail depo yesterday and have not opend the actual box the phone was in,im going to write a letter and send it all bcak canceling that crap then i recon im gona give orange a good rant down the phone again as to how this sort of shit hapens,might even think about leaving orange realy,but they did say they would sor it once i cancel it,and then give me the new nokia N90 so carnt be all bad.

Scott

benji
26-09-05, 08:45 PM
i've had no end of crap with phone companys. the worst was when i went to phones4u and got a contract phone with vodaphone. this was all well ans good untilli had a problem i needed to talk to them about, this was when i found out i was actually with singlepoint who are a agent of vodaphone, only with no customer service skills whatsoever, and no english speaking people working for them. i have to wait a yaer untill i could go back to orange.

when we get calls at home kel's mum is too polite to hang up so she stands there on the phone for ages listening to the person on the end tell her about all the offers, lol.

Stuart
26-09-05, 09:19 PM
best one is double glazing....

say you dont like contacts nor do you like wearing your glasses in the house so ask if you can have your prescrition ground into the windows so you can see outside clearly ;) total laugh to do in all fairness

scott.parker
26-09-05, 10:40 PM
Dear oh dear,what a pain this was to sort out today!!!
Cut long story short,i called them told them i was sending back cancling contract etc,and i then when through a 35min call(on my mates phone as well) trying to get the girl to realise i didnt want a better deal with o2 or 3 and orange not made me a better offer etc,i said look im being as nice as i can,some of us have a real job to get on with i said its quite simple the phone is on its way back to you and the contrac will be cancled as soon as you receve it,and there is nothing your cowboy company can offer me as i didnt wat this fcuking phone in the first place! :roll:

Scott