PDA

View Full Version : top or bottom

doanova
21-09-05, 10:00 PM
is it easier (ha ha) to fit a 2.0 16v with box attached by dropping the car over the engine or is it easier to split the box off and lower it in fom above. also is it possible to put the connected engine and box in from above. i need help as im doing the job on the weekend and taking the 1.6 out from underneath was a right b**tard.

Philsutton
22-09-05, 12:04 PM
i always do it underneath with box on, much easier. Getting the car high enough might be a problem. I used a engine crane when on my drive to lift the car up then slide the engine under. Or get it on some ramps.

Ste_Nova
22-09-05, 08:13 PM
i always do it underneath with box on, much easier. Getting the car high enough might be a problem. I used a engine crane when on my drive to lift the car up then slide the engine under. Or get it on some ramps.

lol why is height a problem?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Novaworkshop/CalibraTD/Image00007.jpg

Rob77
22-09-05, 09:01 PM
:o

Christ alive!

That Cav needs some lowering springs - the front is sitting a bit high!

Rob.

Nick
22-09-05, 09:17 PM
not all of us have a 5 ton crane handy lol

Philsutton
23-09-05, 11:22 AM
height isnt a problem for me as i have a big dirty crane, but most people who try to do engine swaps on their drive only have a couple of jacks an thats where the problems come lol