PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to keith

benji
21-09-05, 05:38 PM
well done keith, 7 page feature in total vauxhall.

shame the new engine wasn't in for the photo's though.

Philsutton
21-09-05, 05:46 PM
just seen it as well, looking good as always.

burgo
21-09-05, 05:47 PM
tis about time

srs1
21-09-05, 05:48 PM
looks like i am going to have buy it now.

i refused to buy it after the mikey meet last year.

Jim
21-09-05, 05:57 PM

Oh I see, you'll buy it for Keiths feature...

:wink:

Nice one Keith, they finally published it :D

Jim

Phil_G
21-09-05, 05:59 PM

Jim

I bought yours jim ;)

will buy this one too so all is well :)

Phil

Stuart
21-09-05, 06:03 PM
has it got a trick ass pic like the first pic in jims feature?

cba to buy it lol

Jack
21-09-05, 06:07 PM
Hmm, might have to go have a nose at that...

How come? (excuse me if i've missed/forgotten anything lol)

benji
21-09-05, 06:15 PM
has it got a trick ass pic like the first pic in jims feature?

not really, it does have a nice blurrey one of it on track though.

Nick
21-09-05, 07:40 PM
to be honest razorjam, TV has gone dramatically downhill .... just loads of adverts and the wrong kind of fibreglass lol

it's been ok the last few i've got, quite a few 70's and 80's vaux's.

but yes i think we've all missed something from the mikey meet !

Rick Draper
21-09-05, 08:24 PM

Same its gone pop again with poss big end problems. Get a XE in there 150bhp of RELIABLE power.

Congratulations on the feature.

Rick

Riggy
21-09-05, 08:33 PM
congrats keith :lol:

nice to see people you know have there cars featured lol

Rexy
21-09-05, 08:33 PM
I'll just be a cheap arse and check it out in asda, like i did with jims lol

Chheaaappp ass!

Adam
21-09-05, 08:59 PM

Same its gone pop again with poss big end problems. Get a XE in there 150bhp of RELIABLE power.

Rick
I just read about engine probs on Mig, seems a shame after what happened with the engine before.

Congratulations on the feature tho Keith :+:

Rexy-Nar, thats a WHSmith thing, everyone in there just reads the magazines then carries on shopping :lol:

scott.parker
21-09-05, 09:16 PM
Oh cool i take it this issue is out and not just the one who have it on subscription then? if so i might go get it now..

Glad to here you got it in there mate,and sorry to here about engine probs :roll:

Scott

srs1
21-09-05, 11:05 PM

Jim

sorry jim, i did buy your copy. that was the first i had bought after the mikey meet. be rude of me not to really (being best in show car etc)

mikey meet thing was this.

i rang tv loads of times and got a really negative email saying they would not attend as it would have been a month old news after the meet they publish the pics.

but

2 months later, they have a small section in the mag saying condolances to mikey and all that.

i offered them a free ticket to the show to promote other modders in a good way, they turned us down in a big fat way. so when i saw the section in the mag.

i phoned up and cancelled my subscription to them straight away and told them why.

martweaver
22-09-05, 10:27 AM
Congrats mate!!! Its taken them long enough to publish it!!

I was lucky enough to be there with Keith at the shoot by the Ring, cant wait to see the pics as the location was awesome!!

Is the mag out now?
Mart

benji
22-09-05, 12:56 PM
tomorrow in the shops

Snowface
22-09-05, 01:17 PM

Rick

have i missed something or has his new engine gone pop?

benji
22-09-05, 01:44 PM
apparently he had some troble at the ring.

joff-turbo-nova
22-09-05, 05:01 PM
Nice feature Keith - shame about the engine going pop again - let us know how you get on.

Joff

Jim
22-09-05, 05:27 PM
apparently he had some troble at the ring.

Seriously? Oh dear, the poor lad isn't having much luck with it is he?

Jim

NovaBen
22-09-05, 07:48 PM
Yeah, i was in the car when it started making a very un-nerving knocking noise!! Later found to be Big end bearings!! So Jonlem towed him on a pole for 300miles from Nurburgring to France and then got recovered when we were back in the UK!!

Ben 8)

Mike
22-09-05, 09:56 PM
yeah, i saw the feature today, your nova is incredibly mint! incredibly!

Mike

Dougie_SRi
23-09-05, 12:34 PM
Hi guys. Was just having a look about some forums, seeing what's on the go. Keith you have PM.

Can someone fill me in on what happened with 'the mikey meet'?

to be honest razorjam, TV has gone dramatically downhill .... just loads of adverts and the wrong kind of fibreglass lol

it's been ok the last few i've got, quite a few 70's and 80's vaux's.

but yes i think we've all missed something from the mikey meet !

The number of editorial and advert pages are the same every month. I refute all the fibreglass allegations!

Cheers - Dougie

Stuart
23-09-05, 12:52 PM
thing is the editorials arent intresting to read!

the only one i did read was the one about jims car, but then agian i knew a lot of it anyway.

other than that the mag is essentailly a baby book where you jsut flick through and look at the pictures and the odd word or two.

PPC on the other hand, i read more or less every word in that mag (and care v little for the pics) as its intresting and has feeling rather than the seemingly faceless script that comes form the Tv stable.

just my opinion anyway lol

Dougie_SRi
23-09-05, 12:56 PM
No problem. I read PPC too - I followed Will and Kev from Practical Classics which I used to buy but not any more, it's a very technical magazine PPC and it seems to have built up a good following.

Your comments regarding the editorial, we're working hard to improve all aspects of the mag. IMO we're making progress every month.

Lee
23-09-05, 03:48 PM
As mentioned, read the article today,well done keith.

Have to admit i agree with Stuart though, reading the blurb is very Max Powerish. Also, the first page you come to when you open the mag is a two page advert full of Ford bits! Whats the point? My main mag is Retro Cars, and you do get a few Vaux's in there now and again.

Not taking anything away from your achievement though Keith, TV is after all our one and only Vauxhall magazine. Top man!

nova ian
23-09-05, 07:23 PM
nice feature dude, well done, keep up the good work :D

krobinson
23-09-05, 07:56 PM
First of all, thanks everyone for the nice comments, i kept it quiet mostly, only told a select few about it, i just got my copy today and its a really good feature, very pleased with it!

Rick

have i missed something or has his new engine gone pop?

shame about the engine going pop again - let us know how you get on

Secondly, the engine has NOT gone pop, Rick, with your technical knowlage i fail to see how reading what olly wrote on mig, turned round into my engine going pop?

The engine is fine, i did 6 laps and it never used any oil and was absolutely flying. I checked the oil each lap and it never used any, which gave me some false confidence to do two laps in a row. I returned from the second lap and parked it up for near 2 hours.

I then went back to the hotel where it was making a nasty knocking noise under load, over 3k, when i checked the oil, it was barely touching the dip stick and the bulkhead was covered in oil. It had basically pushed all the oil to the top and thrown it out the breather through heavy reving from 5>8k for 28 miles constantly.

With so little oil in, one of the bearings has dryed up and worn, causing the knocking noise. A new bearing and maybe a polish or grind of the crank will sort it. But driving it home 1000 miles would have thrown a rod (worst case senaro)

I'll be home on sunday night and have it sorted soon.

Keith

Riggy
23-09-05, 08:04 PM
glad its nothing majorly serious keith hope you get it sorted soon

scott.parker
23-09-05, 08:08 PM
Ah that is slightly better news eh :wink: Welldone though mate on geting in TV and good job on driving the ring also.

Scott

krobinson
23-09-05, 08:17 PM
Cheers guys :) sorry if i sound a lil sharp, just a shock to hear everyone saying my engine blew up when it didnt :lol:

Keith

benji
23-09-05, 08:23 PM
is it a block in bits job to polish the crank??

krobinson
23-09-05, 08:30 PM
is it a block in bits job to polish the crank??

Yeah the engine will have to come out, but i was taking it out this winter to repaint the enginebay anyways, will just be doing it sooner now!

The crank has to come out of the block, but the only expense will be bearings really, think it might only need one tho :) Just not worth risking a 1000 mile drive home.

Keith

benji
23-09-05, 08:55 PM
dry sump next mod then?

Rick Draper
23-09-05, 09:13 PM
I fail to see how if the bearing have gone in the bottom end its not gone pop? Read the bottom paragraph to draw your own conclusion.

Oil use must be a big problem on it, even when i had been thrashing my XE or LET i have never used any oil so it would seem your burning a lot of oil. A dry sump would not fix it, just prevent the problem for slightly longer. I guess the Group A engines never had these problems, might be worth speaking to HHMS.

One other thing a crank grind might just be the tip of it. If the shells have gone the pistons might have began to pickup on the bores as there has been insufficient oil floating the bearings so therefore little or no oil has been sprayed up the bores to cool the pistons and bore, the oil pump will be fucked as bits of shell will have been through it etc.

krobinson
23-09-05, 09:27 PM
I fail to see how if the bearing have gone in the bottom end its not gone pop? Read the bottom paragraph to draw your own conclusion.

Oil use must be a big problem on it, even when i had been thrashing my XE or LET i have never used any oil so it would seem your burning a lot of oil. A dry sump would not fix it, just prevent the problem for slightly longer. I guess the Group A engines never had these problems, might be worth speaking to HHMS.

One other thing a crank grind might just be the tip of it. If the shells have gone the pistons might have began to pickup on the bores as there has been insufficient oil floating the bearings so therefore little or no oil has been sprayed up the bores to cool the pistons and bore, the oil pump will be f**k as bits of shell will have been through it etc.

The bearing is noisey, the engine still starts, runs and drives, so no, it hasnt gone pop. If you want to come to wakefield to have a drive before sunday PM me.

It's driven fine for about 3000 miles without using any oil, but it threw it all out the breather on two continuous laps on the track (i havent got a catch tank)

Your standard XE revs to near 7k standard, a 1300 is more like 6.5k, so when mine rev's 2k past that, doing it constantly for 28miles, round long corners, i'm not supprised its thrown some oil out. Its my own ignorance that caused the problem.

I wont know what damage is done till its stripped.

Keith

Rick Draper
23-09-05, 09:55 PM

One other thing a crank grind might just be the tip of it. If the shells have gone the pistons might have began to pickup on the bores as there has been insufficient oil floating the bearings so therefore little or no oil has been sprayed up the bores to cool the pistons and bore, the oil pump will be f**k as bits of shell will have been through it etc.

The bearing is noisey, the engine still starts, runs and drives, so no, it hasnt gone pop. If you want to come to wakefield to have a drive before sunday PM me.

It's driven fine for about 3000 miles without using any oil, but it threw it all out the breather on two continuous laps on the track (i havent got a catch tank)

Your standard XE revs to near 7k standard, a 1300 is more like 6.5k, so when mine rev's 2k past that, doing it constantly for 28miles, round long corners, i'm not supprised its thrown some oil out. Its my own ignorance that caused the problem.

I wont know what damage is done till its stripped.

Keith

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115507&start=0

And i quote from that post

305ish degree flat nose square edged mofo of a custom grind ;)

just power like that from a cam like that at such low rpm.... surely it should be at about 7-8K...

Would be pointless my engine making peak power between 7-8k, as it would eventually just blow up. A Steal bottom end and a AST 19 would be more suited to that kind of reving.

That said, mine doesnt feel like the powers flatning out at all way past 7k.

Keith

I have to say the best 8v'ers achieve peak power between 7 + 8k and they do not blow up!!! None of them run on steel bottom ends as none were ever or are available for them, if yours doesn't rev that high you don't need the solid lifters you've got and would explain the only slightly better than mediocre power achieved.

To get really good power they have to be revved, the "norm" in competition use is peaking at about 7,500 ish and limiters set to 8,250.

guys this is a road engine...not and out and out competition engine...

if keith drew a line on his graph from where peak power is now to where it would be on a competition engine.. is 7600... it would be making 135+bhp.

but it would be shear useless on road with 16 in wheels etc that are fitted.

This is a road car....so forget the peak numbers,

far too many fools on here who know so much , its an insult to people like me who are honest and do this professionally.

Steven

Not bad results there, still another 10 bhp to go though. Bowyer was getting 130bhp out of the little 1300's 15years ago.

To get really good power they have to be revved, the "norm" in competition use is peaking at about 7,500 ish and limiters set to 8,250

As steven said this is a road car, not a competition car which you've been talking about, it drives like a pussycat low down, but has a very good punch. So i basically have the best of both worlds! I asked for solid lifters as i will from time to time be giving the engine some abuse. I've seen what can happen when a hydralic follower jacks up and destroys an engine. I'm not taking chances! The will easily rev to 8k, but theres no point as the power drops off before that.

Why cant you see this as a good road engine? rather than a down on power competition engine?

Keith

and its still only a little 1300 block... you should see impact my new spec 1600 8v have done this year in competition..beating the oppositions 16v. ask keith!

Did you build the other 1.6 16 valves? As ifhe did he might need warning to check the oil after 28 miles.

With that i sign off for you all to mull over my little post, i thank you.

Jonlem
23-09-05, 10:11 PM
bloody hell Keith aren't you home yet !

do u need a tow ;)

I'm sure it won't be too bad getting your engine sorted, I think it will just be in need of a crank grind and some new bearings, shame people have to make it out to be so much worse than it is.

I'm sure when you get it back to Steven he will have it sorted in no time and like u mentioned its a good excuse for a engine bay respray ! not that it needs it !

great meeting you and Andy, hope you get back ok and we'll meet up next time your over

ade
23-09-05, 10:47 PM
great spread Keith - car deserved the attention it got!

Sure the engine will be sorted! I envy your knowledge of such things!

8)

martweaver
24-09-05, 09:51 AM
Keith - Why the hell are you respraying the engine bay, Its MINT already!!!
you nutter!!

Mart

Snowface
24-09-05, 11:56 AM
if the bearing(s) went dry wouldn't the cranks of took a bit of damage?

Good luck getting it sorted anyway. I've got a spare crankcase breather catch tank if you need 1.

Mike.
24-09-05, 01:39 PM
congrats on the feature keith, well deserved mate :wink:

S_Gault
24-09-05, 08:57 PM
when i have a look and meaure up the rod I'll let keith know the craic and im sure yous guys will be the second to know.

I know iim not liked on the site for whatever reason and i know a few people will be smiling here, but ive yet to see anyone build an engine that can run without oil.

Vaux cranks are well heat treated for 012in and can take a lot of punishment before they mark. Keiths engine has a VP2 beaing material in it- which are softer than a normal 100K mile expectancy road car bearing as they are designed to absorb any punishment rather than the crank doing it.

We'll see soon enough
Steven

Rick Draper
24-09-05, 09:03 PM
I know iim not liked on the site for whatever reason and i know a few people will be smiling here, but ive yet to see anyone build an engine that can run without oil.

Seems like you cannot build a 1.3 engine that does not burn oil either :roll:

Phil_G
24-09-05, 11:30 PM
rick,

it didn't burn oil, it threw it all out the breather!

Phil

Rick Draper
25-09-05, 12:57 AM
rick,

it didn't burn oil, it threw it all out the breather!

Phil

There is no way any engine shud throw a sump full of oil out of a breather, not in this life time or the next one. What makes it any different to the group A rally engines? They did not have to stop mid stage to fill up with oil as it had all come out of a breather. Does Dan have to top his 1.6 8 valve up all the time at track days? Does Jim? I think not.

Stuart
25-09-05, 11:05 AM
thought someone left the site?... lol never mind i wish i had a proper bet on as id have madea fair bit :D

rick it sounds like it was 90% User error with the user not repescting the limits of an engine and ragging the fook out of it for 28 miles....... not sticking up for a certain engine builder but if the user was a penis with the engine then its gonna die.

Jonlem
25-09-05, 01:03 PM
Rik, what the hell have you got against steven?

as pointed out already, it did NOT chuck all the oil out of the bottom end, it was already low, most probably due to it chucking teh oil out over previous laps, not once did I see the car chuck any smoke out except black smoke (fuel)

maybe you should get back to getting your car finished once and for all so we can get ready to take the piss when it goes wrong for you too

hopefully it won't but as you have made such a good point of getting on keith and Stevens case then I will be among the few to take the piss out of you back

forums are forums and a bit of banter is fair enough but I think you should maybe concentrate on things you have to do than come in here to slate someone elses work

scott.parker
25-09-05, 01:17 PM

as pointed out already, it did NOT chuck all the oil out of the bottom end, it was already low, most probably due to it chucking teh oil out over previous laps, not once did I see the car chuck any smoke out except black smoke (fuel)

maybe you should get back to getting your car finished once and for all so we can get ready to take the p**s when it goes wrong for you too

hopefully it won't but as you have made such a good point of getting on keith and Stevens case then I will be among the few to take the p**s out of you back

forums are forums and a bit of banter is fair enough but I think you should maybe concentrate on things you have to do than come in here to slate someone elses work

Well said...

Scott

karl Rowntree
25-09-05, 02:01 PM
Well said that man!

Atleast the guy is driving his car the way it should be, what the hell does it matter to anyone else? I dont see anyone else driving 2000 miles to go give their car death around the biggest race track in the world.

Does it matter it lost oil? Does it matter he didnt check the level? err no. Its his car and he kill it if he wants, i wish you could of been there and experienced the weekend. If you had of you may of learnt to chill abit, everyone had problems (big problems) but everyone just made a joke out of it.

Can we all chill out abit now lol? It doesnt really matter does it :wink:

P.S I will agree with Keith as too how much oil an engine can lose over a lap at the ring. My car will never rust again thanks to losing 2 litres of castrol RS ALL over the car, i even managed to get it on the roof! Fcuk Yeah.

Well done on the feature mate :wink:
Karl

Chris
25-09-05, 03:12 PM
With respect to the oil being thrown out on Keiths but not Dan's or the Grp A rally cars. Did the Grp A rally cars not still run injection where the breather went back in? Have you ever been to the Ring Rick? I'm pretty sure if Dan went to the ring and drove his car like Keith drove his then he would lose oil. The track climbs and drops over 1000ft during the lap, it falls away going round corner, a bit like a roller coaster so the oil is all over in the engine.

Anyway Keith, well done (can I touch you?

P.S Karl, not everyone had problems, I didnt, trusty old ?75 engine and box, oh sorry the brake pads which cost me ?60 were wrong, so yes everyone did have problems

Chris

Rick Draper
25-09-05, 03:21 PM

maybe you should get back to getting your car finished once and for all so we can get ready to take the p**s when it goes wrong for you too

hopefully it won't but as you have made such a good point of getting on keith and Stevens case then I will be among the few to take the p**s out of you back

TBH i hope my car does go pop as then it will lead to a better engine been built. Hell i have already blown up one XE and 2 LET's but do i give a dam, do i fuck.

If it does not go pop then i will have the satisfaction of having one of the most powerfull vauxhall LET engine, mapped by the best mapper in the UK and probably one of the best handling novas in the UK as well. Safe in the knowledge that all the oil aint coming out of my breather ever 28 miles.

Also with respect to Dans car when he threw it round at Anglesey i did not recall him having to top it up with oil at every single stop, inface i dont recall any oil been put in it all day, must have been cause it was not at the ring though.

Novaload is full of Keyboard warriors, now i have become one of them. I thank you.

PS i hope this thread is still around when Bigruss gets back.

karl Rowntree
25-09-05, 03:26 PM
Speachless!

Edited this post to send my regards to Rick, I hope you get to read this before you disappear up your own arse if not RIP Rick Draper its been a pleasure.

Rick Draper
25-09-05, 04:10 PM
Speachless!

Edited this post to send my regards to Rick, I hope you get to read this before you disappear up your own a*** if not RIP Rick Draper its been a pleasure.

Still here safe in the knowledge that i aint half as far up my arse as you lot are to each others arses.

Mike.
25-09-05, 04:19 PM
i thought we were all congratulating kieth on his car being in TV

not having arguments about engines

karl Rowntree
25-09-05, 04:23 PM
:lol: good reply

:o wow, what happened to you Rick? I think you have spent too much time in that garage mate looking at your car and forgot what its all about. Really think you should take a chill pill and just remember you own a nova :lol: yes its a nova :lol:

P.S I dont care what you have heard but my head wasnt up Keiths arse at the time, he shit on my face nothing more nothing less!

scott.parker
25-09-05, 04:27 PM
Carlm down gentelmen!

The only head that whent near Keith's ass from what i see was Ollys small head!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/Ad-Nurburgring/DSC00955.jpg :lol:

Scott

Mel
25-09-05, 04:41 PM
Lads Lads..handbags down please!!

Who gives a damn, Keith's car looks fantastic in that feature, that's what we're MEANT to be here to discuss.

karl Rowntree
25-09-05, 04:49 PM
thank you please :wink:

Mel
25-09-05, 04:52 PM
Lol..don't give me that, you cheeky bum! :P

jedi
25-09-05, 07:17 PM
well said mel

jedi
25-09-05, 07:17 PM
thanks ow year well done keith i just read ur write up well nice (get in)

FlatBeatBoy
25-09-05, 07:24 PM
edit button is your friend

congrats keith on the feature class :wink:

R1CH
25-09-05, 08:36 PM
Nice one on the feature, the car looks well sweet, didn't look quite as sweet with a tow rope attatched to it though !!!
Spotted you just coming out of Tesco in Carlisle just off J43 this afternoon, take it you were heading to Stranraer for the ferry ? thats a long way to be towed, hope you made it ok.
What was up anyway ? hope it wasn't anything to serious or expensive !!

Rich

Jonlem
25-09-05, 11:35 PM
Edited as ruining Keiths post

Well done Keith on the Feature :)

krobinson
26-09-05, 08:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/tv1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/tv2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/tv3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/tv4.jpg

To say i'm chuffed is an understatement!!

Keith

C-S_Cormac
26-09-05, 08:02 PM

Steven

These things happen stephen and its not your fault keith has said himself he should have double checked the oil more often so its a sorry misstake which im sure will be learned from..

May i just say too that stephen gaults work is top quality and im very pleased the way my 2L 8V head has turned out,

Excellent feacture keith, you deserve it for the effort thats been put in..

Cormac

RJM25R
27-09-05, 12:40 PM
Good feature keith, always a pleasure!!

NovalutionGSi
27-09-05, 02:50 PM
Nice one Keith, as soon as i picked up TV, and spotted you car i thought it was yours!

great featrue and hopefully theres people out there that will follow in your foot steps and build a fast small block nova and take it out on the track!

shy witness
29-09-05, 09:58 PM
well done on the feature mate............it looks great..............

i havent bought a copy of tv in ages so now's a good excuse 2.......... :D

karl Rowntree
30-09-05, 05:36 PM
Its a shame you didnt have solid lifters for the feature tbh Keith

Karl

Jonlem
01-10-05, 02:32 AM
f u c k yeh !

nice one karl lol

krobinson
01-10-05, 10:07 AM
Its a shame you didnt have solid lifters for the feature tbh Keith

Karl

I could see it now, front page "SOLID LIFTED NOVA"

Keith

womble sri
01-10-05, 01:57 PM
well done mate bought the mag after i saw your beast on the front keep up the good work

karl Rowntree
01-10-05, 01:58 PM
You could of put it in your thankyou's, something along the lines of 'a BIG thankyou to my solid lifters without whom this feature would not of been possible'

Solid lifters, its the future ive seen it.

Karl

BigRuss
01-10-05, 02:53 PM
As said by just about everyone before Me, well done on the magazine feature.

Anyone that gets his car featured with a spread like that must be well chuffed, I know I would be. Well done again.

I am sorry to here what happened to your engine at the ring, but well done to Jonlem on the tow job, respect 8)

But..........

Your engine should not have chucked oil out even in 28 miles or what ever it was.

My 1600 8v Bowyer engine was almost constantly at 7,000 - 8,000+ rpm whilst out on stages, and it never threw any oil out as long as the oil level was halfway between min and max.

The only time it ever threw oil out was if it was overfilled, once down to correct level it would stay there.

Still I'm sure Steven has convinced you otherwise, in his eyes it's obviously your fault!!!!

It's not as though he didn't know you were going to thrash it around the ring after all :?

Is he rebuilding it for you, will he charge You??

125scouse
02-10-05, 01:55 PM
got total vauxhall today, well done on the feature car is a true credit to urself, good work mate well done :wink:

hopefully be in a mag someday myself with my nova :lol:

S_Gault
02-10-05, 09:01 PM
big russ, thanks for your vote of confidence there. Im an honest man , how dare you say otherwise.

but i think if you have a look at a 1600 cam carrier has a breather.. a 1300 doesnt, this is one of the things i may think about retrofitting.

I remember the time a friend of mine didnt do anything about the breather system on his dry sumped Swindon 16v (that cost 10K). and it thru all its oil out (8L of it)....it siezed, i suppose that was the fault of Swindon racing engines ? (the guys that did the vaux touring car engines)
I dont think so