PDA

View Full Version : fittin a 2L 8v. easy or hard?

swainer69
21-09-05, 02:31 PM
i gotta 2L 8v 130bhp sri engine and box and loom da lot. but how hard is it to fit i know a bit about a bit got my own garage with ramp and compressor and lots of tools old mans a mechanic and iam in collage at da mo.
Is it da same mounts?
what driveshafts do i use?
how hard 2 wire in?has any1 got any diagrams that would help or instructions or where 2 get them?

burgo
21-09-05, 02:36 PM
its exactly the same as fitting an xe so therefore there is various guides about

if you dont fit it let me know i wouldnt mind one of these lumps myself ;)

swainer69
21-09-05, 02:43 PM
Ok thanks mate i will b fitting it soon as i get sum money 2gether then me and my mate will have a nice weekends work in my garage i think.
So can anyone help me or point me inda right dirrection 2 fittin a 2L 8v or 16v if its da same like diagrams and instuctions and tools needed and parts needed.

burgo
21-09-05, 05:20 PM
all the same parts and tools just the wiring may be different i dont know though

F188CHG
21-09-05, 05:48 PM
This should help you m8 :wink:
http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/mods/2Lconversion/2Lconversion.htm

MyNovaSr
23-09-05, 04:53 PM
im in the process of fitting the larger engine into my car. We got a guide for a recomended web site. when we came to installing the engine we were told that the front right engine mount needed lowering by 1.5inch (or 1 and a half inches...not sure) anyway after doing this it said that we should use the same engine mount which did not fit.

Can anyone tell me which to use and how to go about it..? :?

thanks...

Lee
23-09-05, 06:56 PM
im in the process of fitting the larger engine into my car. We got a guide for a recomended web site. when we came to installing the engine we were told that the front right engine mount needed lowering by 1.5inch (or 1 and a half inches...not sure) anyway after doing this it said that we should use the same engine mount which did not fit.

Can anyone tell me which to use and how to go about it..? :?

thanks...

You need to use a 2.0 engine mount. I imagine you are trying to fit the original one that was on the car. Reccommend you get uprated mounts from here http://www.rallynewparts.com/showcopagenew.cfm?pagekey=protec01 as originals rip to shreds from too much abuse :wink:

MyNovaSr
24-09-05, 04:12 PM
Cam you do it any other way..? ive spend too much on it already. Would it work to mod the original one? or not... :|