PDA

View Full Version : timing disc...Got has anyone :)

Mastermeekon
21-09-05, 02:17 PM
As above I be grudge paying a bloke a hundred and fifty notets to do a ten minute job, or as he put it tsssssk! it's atleast 3 hour and its one of thoses jobs where has to keep coming back to it ..... My arse!

So If anyone have the degree disc ans maybe even a dial gauge, I'd be over the moon although the clock gauge isn't too impoertanrt rgd tool have em for ?18

Cheers

Stuart
21-09-05, 03:30 PM
ill send you a disc on the pretence that i get it back.... ?5 deposit needed ;o)

S_Gault
21-09-05, 10:07 PM
i'll give you one FOC as i have a stack of them lying about.

Although to be honest if your engine is on a hydralic follower you cant set it. you need to use a dummy solid follower shimmed to height then mark it all up and redo it with a hydralic one to your marks.

And i always set them to valve lift at TDC rather than full lift figure as its more meaningful.

150 quid to do the cam timing is robbery.. I charge ?35.

Steven

Mastermeekon
22-09-05, 01:04 PM
Cheers steven

Yea ?150 is daft, I suppose it sounds ok to a 16 year old business studies student who hasn't touched an engine before, but I still think they should give their customers some more credit it specially the engineers amongst them, Twats!, tis a shame I wont be able to get around having them set my susperchip icon up.
As it turned out with the valve timing, Id changed the bottom end, and the old crank sprocket was alittle different to the one I've got now and so I'd put it a tooth out somehow, witch effectivly put the cam out twice that, so I retarded the cam 19deg (its about 8.5deg per tooth) and it's running much better.

but if you would still like to donate a disc I'd be very grateful

Joe

Stuart
22-09-05, 02:50 PM
what cam pulley ahve you got? if its a non modified STD item you cant really "change" the timing properly without being a good handfull of degrees out.

S_Gault
22-09-05, 06:15 PM
yea you can. I make a vernier from the std pulley by putting in 5 additional dowl holes. do the maths and work out the number of degrees one tooth is and you'll see why.

Steven

Stuart
22-09-05, 07:03 PM
if its a non modified STD item you cant really "change" the timing properly without being a good handfull of degrees out.

and you bitch at us for not reading :P

S_Gault
22-09-05, 10:23 PM
leave the dowl out... Zetecs dont have it.

and i know several well known engine builders who do it.. 2 of which build touring car engines (coz ive rebuilt them and found it)

Steven