PDA

View Full Version : Lucky sod me!

ade
21-09-05, 12:07 AM
I count myself v lucky. Yesterday, I was running late for work and almost missed me train.

Parked car (the seat Ibiza coz the novas still off road!) up in ncp carpark at station, got out, pressed fob to lock doors and bolted to train.

Made it just - worked like a bastid all day - came back that night and found my door hadnt closed properly and I must have pressed the wrong button coz the car was unlocked - FOR 10 hours!

The actual door didnt close - the seat belt didnt retract and stopped it from closing so it was actually open about 6"! I was in such a rush I didnt even look!

Luckily no one saw it - the only down side was it'd been raining all day and the drivers seat was wet so I got a wet arse!

Thank my lucky stars!

:roll:

Rob77
21-09-05, 12:09 AM
:o

That IS lucky!

Rob.

burgo
21-09-05, 01:05 AM
was very lucky indeed

ESXrugbyplaya17
21-09-05, 01:17 AM
u jammy jammy git

mad-driver
21-09-05, 07:05 AM
:o

That IS lucky!

Rob.

That's "More Th>n" Lucky :lol:

Stuart
21-09-05, 07:51 AM
i dont lock my car atleast 2-3 times a week, granted when i do it at work its fine as its a secure area, but when i do it in enfield i do think i was lucky to not have it touched, then again its a barge and nothing in it is worth nicking lmao (cullads seem to prefer bling tacky shizzle so fake wood dash is safe)

dunova
21-09-05, 08:13 AM
i dont lock my car atleast 2-3 times a week, granted when i do it at work its fine as its a secure area, but when i do it in enfield i do think i was lucky to not have it touched, then again its a barge and nothing in it is worth nicking lmao (cullads seem to prefer bling tacky shizzle so fake wood dash is safe)
That's what i love about my barge-i dont mind parking it even in meaderville (scummy Brizzle lol) because it really isn't a target-i used to worry like hell parking my nova anywhere in Bristol! Stu, are you still selling your omega?

Stuart
21-09-05, 08:20 AM
its "sold" but ive not exchanged it yet as i have no other car untill someone from oop norf gets back form T ring.

probert_nova
21-09-05, 09:41 AM
same happened to me with my sr, parked up outside college and went to classes, when i came back i saw the door was open. thought someone had broken in to begin with, agen it was just the fookin seat belt had got caught in the door.

Dar
21-09-05, 10:57 AM
Ade - Indeed very lucky. Thankfully!

Also don't think that if your car is crappy that people won't steal it. My mates mum used to get her cars pinched every now and again, and they where the worst cars EVER! Honestly she had no sterio in them, they where all rotten and also looked crappy.

Snowface
21-09-05, 11:48 AM
used to keep my car unlocked at work with my facia still on my head unit .

1 of the joys of living in the country.

scott.parker
21-09-05, 09:36 PM
Dude that was lucky! funy you should say it though,alway(well almost always) when i park the car near my mates house i will put the alarm into valet mode so it wont go of if a lorry passes and wakes up ppl etc,well i stated doing the same round by my house etc,well i when to get in the car the otherday i pressed the fob and cluckn it locked... :roll: it had been left all night unlocked woops..best stat using the full alarm mode i guess.

Scott

Rob77
21-09-05, 09:38 PM
Dude that was lucky! funy you should say it though,alway(well almost always) when i park the car near my mates house i will put the alarm into valet mode so it wont go of if a lorry passes and wakes up ppl etc,well i stated doing the same round by my house etc,well i when to get in the car the otherday i pressed the fob and cluckn it locked... :roll: it had been left all night unlocked woops..best stat using the full alarm mode i guess.

Scott

I've also done that many a time!!!

Rob.

Hazel
21-09-05, 10:01 PM
That is so so lucky! I don't think anybody would miss a trick like that round my way! The whole car would be gone! Needless to say i'm very particular about where i park and i always check my doors are locked, boot is locked, windows shut properly, sunroof closed etc etc before walking away from my car.

Nick
21-09-05, 10:29 PM
i leave it unlocked alot of the time, but then it's usually behind another car on my drive.

but i certainly wouldn't leave it in a public carpark unlocked !

Marc
24-09-05, 02:09 PM
i guess im alrite then cause never happen to me cause non of me cars that ive owned where gud enough to have central locking etc lol and i have to shut the door and lock with the key and ppl breaking in isnt possible on passengers side cause the lock is missing its just a hole where the lock use to be lol :D