PDA

View Full Version : The Haynes/Max Power Nova Book.

Dod
20-09-05, 10:15 PM
Dont buy it, its shit and is no good at all. It doesn't even show you how to swap calipars, just paint them, change disks and Pads, chav up the ccar inside and out. Engine section? More info on the back of a beer mat. It is SHlT!!!

Jack
20-09-05, 10:18 PM
Max Power... need I say more? :lol:

General Baxter
20-09-05, 10:23 PM
suspension is the good bit and all the nova info :wink:

Dod
20-09-05, 10:39 PM
Max Power did feature Regals Twin Engined Nova Monster.....

Suspensions ok, but the rests pretty bollox though.

srs1
20-09-05, 11:50 PM
dod, i really thought you knew something.

maybe i considered you knew it through keith.

i was obviously wrong.

you talk shit, read shit and are full of shit.

do me a favour and shut the fuck up.

ade
21-09-05, 12:10 AM
oh!

:o

dont mince yer words Sean

:lol:

Stuart
21-09-05, 07:48 AM
he has a point though...... lol

boredbloke
21-09-05, 09:04 AM

i was obviously wrong.

you talk s**t, read s**t and are full of s**t.

do me a favour and shut the f**k up.

nice.....

funny that, if a newbie had said that to anyone that had been here more than 5 mins they'd probly be on a warning right now :roll:

tbh i think u come out with some shit too sean :D

dunova
21-09-05, 10:25 AM
I think you're all full of shit and i hate you all. Espcially ^you^ with your smelly dog :lol:

boredbloke
21-09-05, 12:02 PM
:o

well my dog'll eat ya!! lol!!!!

Dod
21-09-05, 03:17 PM

i was obviously wrong.

What the fuck is your problem?

Philsutton
21-09-05, 03:19 PM
he gets like that everytime he hits the drink lol

dunova
21-09-05, 03:23 PM
he gets like that everytime he hits the drink lol
Which from the looks of his avatar is quite a lot :lol:

Dod
21-09-05, 03:24 PM
Thats totally alright sure, you dont see me going off on one after a few.
Twat.

srs1
21-09-05, 05:32 PM
after reading my this post again, i am also wondering what i was going on aboput too lol

but when i thought about it, you did write a lot of pap in a load of other posts.

as for boredbloke, thats ok.

i really dont get up in arms about what people say about me.
you'll actually find, when i meet people in person. i am like this all the time. i say what i think. no matter who you are lol.

i shall take a mental note thou. i will back up my outbursts with evidence (unless i cant be bothered that is lol)

and just so you know, i have these outbursts all the time, i wait untill i am really annoyed of the same thing posted all the time.

Philsutton
21-09-05, 05:35 PM
i have these outbursts all the time
hence my original post lmao on another note ive just seen your car in the new total vauxhall on the 0-60 at trax i think anyway

srs1
21-09-05, 05:37 PM
nice one phil, is it out now or this friday?

Philsutton
21-09-05, 05:41 PM
not out in shops yet i dont think

srs1
21-09-05, 05:42 PM
scan it then

:D

Philsutton
21-09-05, 05:44 PM
dont be a bitch, bite your lip an wait like everyone else :lol:

Dod
21-09-05, 10:16 PM
What, was that an appoligy?

Its people like you that cause so many of us in here to feel like we're nothing. Fair enough you may know a lot more than others about Novas etc but thats no reason to rip the piss out of the rest of us that dont. Fuck me, i thought thats what the site was for, to help people get in contact with other Nova fans, to share info on various topics. Id i'd had thought for one minute that this site was to belittle people that haven't got as much knowledge as you and some others, i'd never have joined.

srs1
21-09-05, 10:46 PM
that was not an apology in any form.

get that straight for a start.

i said "i think i was ott in my reply", and i admit that.

but

if you really want me to look back in replys that you have posted to other people then i shall, and that is why i snapped at you.

i'll give examples of people and why!
you, and the dutch bird. it was ott there also

andyracer, asking for a innocent young girl to post her pic up. her topic was completely different to "i want to post my picture".

i'll be honest, i dont care who or what you look like. i'll say this to your face. so dont think i am a key board warrior. people who know me, know i dont care who i upset.

i still believe my abuse at you in the post was a little ott and was kinda random from everyone's else's point of view, but i am sure if look back to the date, you were doing exactly what i said.

as for new starters on this site etc. i do actually give them as much advice to what i know. i also pm a few to say hi and welcome.

you got the raw end of the stick, so realistically, deal with it

chapers
21-09-05, 11:00 PM
hi sorry but back to the subject...

i thought the book was helpful in some respects eg:

the laws on the road about modding
advice with the insurance

also the mods they did help when i do mine, i start by jus gettin on with it but if im unsure of anything i'll get the book out and see what they did... then im usually able to finish the job myself!

it does help if you think about it as it give you a rough general knowledge on novas

cheers

chaps

Dod
21-09-05, 11:01 PM
Shove it!!!

srs1
21-09-05, 11:09 PM
hi sorry but back to the subject...

i thought the book was helpful in some respects eg:

the laws on the road about modding
advice with the insurance

also the mods they did help when i do mine, i start by jus gettin on with it but if im unsure of anything i'll get the book out and see what they did... then im usually able to finish the job myself!

it does help if you think about it as it give you a rough general knowledge on novas

cheers

chaps

glad you found it helpfull.

but i would suggest you just buy the normal haynes manual. it aint great, but has helped me a little too.

srs1
21-09-05, 11:11 PM
Shove it!!!

i did say dont take it personally.

if you need any advice you'll find i'll post a reply to it. i never hold a grudge.

chapers
21-09-05, 11:15 PM
i thought that "SHOVE IT!!" was aimed at me.... but dod im sorry if i pissed you off i wasnt trying to start an argument

cheers srs1 i have got the other manual i bought that first i jus bought the max power 1 4 the advice in 'modding'

chaps

ANDYRACER
22-09-05, 12:03 AM
At the end of the day Sean ur a wanker and im not the only one who agrees, now go crawl into ur hole u fukin know it all. :roll:

Nick
22-09-05, 12:22 AM
^^^

:roll:

do you actually have a life ? or do you insist on playing the big-man over the internet to people ? get a fuc-king grip you imature little scrotum

Phil_G
22-09-05, 12:53 AM
^^^

do you actually have a life ? or do you insist on playing the big-man over the internet to people ? get a fuc-king grip you imature little scrotum

^^^^^

what he said!

benji
22-09-05, 12:55 AM
your all right! sean is a wanker. thing is though he knows it and he don't give a fuck, aint that right sean. lol

benji
22-09-05, 12:57 AM
ive just seen your car in the new total vauxhall on the 0-60 at trax i think anyway

yep, it's sean.

in the caption they say "we don't know whose this nova is or what time it ran. If it's yours, write in and let us know"

i'm sure they'll love to hear from you again sean.

Stuart
22-09-05, 08:00 AM
sean your a cnut, but thats why we love you so lol.

children, can we please play nciely in the sandpit. Im getting sick of this petty fcuking arguing about NOTHING. Some of you can consider this a total and utter final warning.

Jim
22-09-05, 10:04 AM
sean your a cnut, but thats why we love you so lol.

children, can we please play nciely in the sandpit. Im getting sick of this petty fcuking arguing about NOTHING. Some of you can consider this a total and utter final warning.

Well said.

Jim

Dod
22-09-05, 03:08 PM
Some of you can consider this a total and utter final warning.

Bring it on B1tch!! :lol:

Andy, cheers mate. :wink: See you on the other side!!

Stuart
22-09-05, 03:56 PM
you really have a rage issue dont you lol

maybe counselling would be good ;)

Dod
22-09-05, 06:32 PM
By the looks of some of the posts in here, i'm not the only one!!!

Anyway, you offering to council me? :lol:

Nova-Flair
22-09-05, 07:48 PM
back to the original subject..........

max power has been a chav bible for years now so the haynes manual was always going to be poo! i'd rather spend my money on the normal manual which more or less tells you how to do most mods anyway (e.g replacing suspension etc)

srs1
22-09-05, 09:20 PM
your all right! sean is a w**k. thing is though he knows it and he don't give a f**k, aint that right sean. lol

couldn't have said it better myself.

look, i did openly say i was ott in my response to dod and have admitted that.
i wont appologies either cause i am stuborn as. unless i am wrong and know it.

andyracer, i can see we will never see eye to eye, so just so you know. i can live with that.

dod, like i said. dont take my outbursts at you personally. it aint aimed at you that way.

you should feel yourselfs lucky, you want to see me in work. i can be a right dragon.

ANDYRACER
22-09-05, 10:26 PM
Sean ill say it now, tbh my post was a little harsh we might not see eye to eye but ur not actually that bad, just sometimes ur post just seem a little to harsh im sorry about the bluntness but wasnt exactly feeling like writing an essay. U defiantly not the worse on this site and for that i apoligise. Sorry dude :wink:

Dod
23-09-05, 05:31 PM

i was obviously wrong.

dod, like i said. dont take my outbursts at you personally. it aint aimed at you that way.

Dont take it personally? How the fuck am i ment to take it any other way. And before anyone else starts moning about me dragging this on, I am as Stubborn as fuck and i'm not about to let it go as easily as that. Sean, you crossed a line and it was totally uncalled for.

Nick
23-09-05, 06:14 PM
For christ sake, Relax !

Sean has apologised in his stubborn way so just forget about it.

If you all get stressed about internet chat i think you need to get out a bit more !

Mike.
24-09-05, 01:36 PM
wtf what a load of bollox this post is

ohh and the max power manual is crap buy the haynes manual, thats crap aswell, but better than the max power one :lol:

Nick
24-09-05, 01:57 PM
don't get me started on the haynes electrical diagrams lol

I did A-level electronics and i can't for the love of god understand them

Stuart
24-09-05, 02:34 PM
lmao you didnt do well at electronics then... :P

theya re a piece of wee to read and make sense of, just they arent laid out as well as the could be.

dan16v
24-09-05, 04:03 PM
:lol:
never understood the wire diagrams either! std haynes manual has helped me loads over the years! :D funny the way you can tell the jobs youve done as the pages are covered in oily thumb prints!

FlatBeatBoy
24-09-05, 04:29 PM
[quote="Nick?"]^^^

do you actually have a life ? or do you insist on playing the big-man over the internet to people ? get a fuc-king grip you imature little scrotum with big hairy catterpillar eyebrows

^ wasnt me

Nick
24-09-05, 05:04 PM
lmao you didnt do well at electronics then... :P

theya re a piece of wee to read and make sense of, just they arent laid out as well as the could be.

a A was good enough for me.

I think the layout is the problem stu, i really havn't had to patience of the real need to sit down and think about them.

Jack
25-09-05, 01:05 PM
haynes wiring diagrams are ok to me... if you want hard wiring diagrams try a Microscan alarm diagram..... ouch