PDA

View Full Version : M.o.t and Tax laws

STE Novavanman
18-09-05, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know how these work i want to pick up a corsa that has no m.o.t and tax but put insurance on it now i know about the insurance side i just want to know if i drive the car home but have it booked in for an m.o.t is there a certain distance that the car can be driven to the m.o.t station.

addgsi
18-09-05, 07:05 PM
if the copper is arsy he can give u points and a fine if the car has no tax if it has no mot then it is only a fine also they will say because it at that time has no tax an mot the isurance is not valid but ive done it loads of times an pulled 1nce an got away with it

Philsutton
18-09-05, 07:07 PM
if its booked in for an mot then its legal to drive to the garage same with tax as you cant get tax without an mot.

womble sri
18-09-05, 07:09 PM
i got fined the day i drove my car back with no tax dunno bout the mot laws but if you have got a mate with trade plates then you;ll be fne if you get him to drive it

STE Novavanman
18-09-05, 07:12 PM
but is there a limit on how far you can drive to an m.o.t station also insurance is not ivalid if you have no m.o.t my gf dad worked for zurich for 26 years and is now manager of another company and he stated

" the insurance company would have to cover you in a result of an accident but the insurance company after they had paid out would try to claim the money back off you"

i just wanna know if i can book it in and drive it 50 miles :lol: :lol:

Benn
18-09-05, 08:09 PM
yes,if you driving it to a booked mot, you can do it,
but if your driving it home, to then take it to an mot in the morning no i'll be f**ked
so only drive it if you taking it to the mot station.

juicy
23-09-05, 02:45 PM
the insurance isnt invalid with no m.o.t and tax all good insurance companies will pay out to the third party and then take legal action if necessary to get the money off you. When a cars tax runs out you have 14 days to re tax and you can drive a car to an m.o.t station providing its pre booked in.

marsh_man
23-09-05, 03:04 PM
just play it dumb.
if you get pulled, just say... ive just got this back from the garage!
or make up some other sh*t. im sure some of the lads on this forum can give excuses ;)

Lee
23-09-05, 03:54 PM
Incompetance is no longer an excuse im afraid. You would probably get away with no Tax or MOT if you had the green slip on you to prove you bought it that day, and a previous MOT to prove it hasnt been expired long (so your not driving something that had been sat up for 4 years).

All depends on the mood the boy in blue is when he pulls you. If he's a grumpy bugger, hell collar you, but ive been pulled once on the way back in a new car, and as soon as he realised i had just brought it and was bringing it back (and that i had insurance, obviously) he was cool about it and told me to 'go straight home!'