PDA

View Full Version : ignition live

newboytothenova2
17-09-05, 07:43 PM
rite having problems with a sub and amp iv now got a astra mk3 i need to no the colour of a wire with a swithed live from the ignition that goes to the standard head unit in a astra many thanks matt p.s though this was more a technical question do to it being wireing admin

Adam
18-09-05, 12:15 AM
What are you after a switched live for when fitting an amp?

m.d.
18-09-05, 11:13 AM

i take it to turn it on lol

mate if your looking for the wire from your sterio for a remote wire there should be a blue one on the sterio loom that is made for this job, if not the nova ignition live is RED

newboytothenova2
18-09-05, 02:31 PM
hi all its now sorted for got to mention its for my astra mk3 novas being sold :cry:

Adam
18-09-05, 04:55 PM

i take it to turn it on lol

mate if your looking for the wire from your sterio for a remote wire there should be a blue one on the sterio loom that is made for this job, if not the nova ignition live is RED
You dont use an ignition live when fitting an amp.
You use a permanent live 12V, and the remote wire.
The remote wire isn't ignition live, its only live when the headunit is on :wink: :P

Glad to hear its sorted anyway mate :)

newboytothenova2
18-09-05, 04:59 PM
i though about using a constant live till baxter said it would drain the battery shame i didnt think about that lol.. now using a ign live so the hu comes on as well as turing the amp on thus not draing my batt

Adam
18-09-05, 05:03 PM
Hmmm, what have you used an ignition live for?

You have used a fused 12V CONSTANT live for the main power to the amp haven't you?

newboytothenova2
18-09-05, 05:08 PM
yeh the amps on a 12v supply with a inline fuse but i was on about the remote wire mate.i needed sum was of turning the hu on as well as the amp so the ign live is perfect

Adam
18-09-05, 07:46 PM
If you have the remote cable wired to ignition live, then your amp will always be on when the ignition is.
Which is fine if you always have the stereo on, but if you only listen to it sometimes, then you should have the remote wired to the remote wire on the headunit.
It will be a blue wire out the back of the headunit, connect your remote on the amp to that.
Then as soon as you switch the HU on, the amp will come on.

The way you have it wired, the amp will always be on whilst the ignition/engine is on.

newboytothenova2
18-09-05, 10:56 PM
yeh iv realised this to but normal always got the hu on any way mite wire it in to the proper remote wire soon tho thanks for all your help