PDA

View Full Version : Went to my Vauxhall dealer, with no luck!!!! WANTED!!!

tony8169
17-09-05, 05:31 PM
Went to my Vauxhall dealer the other day, and asked for a set of rear headrest guides for my Nova, these are part number 90257714 and obviously i need 4 of them but to my supprise they are no longer manufactured and there are none in stock and never will be!!!!
I urgently need some and want to know if anyone has any i can buy i have cash waiting, PM me and we can arrange something.
Cheers
Tony.

dan23
17-09-05, 06:09 PM
think u can use guides 4 the front seats theres a post in here sum were how 2 fit em saw the post a few week bak might b a guide on nova land

Mike.
17-09-05, 11:14 PM
why don't you go to the scrappies and get some mate, they'll be uber cheap :wink:

plus theres loads of novas in scrap yards.

ohh and the wanted section is that way :arrow:

burgo
19-09-05, 12:18 AM
think u can use guides 4 the front seats theres a post in here sum were how 2 fit em saw the post a few week bak might b a guide on nova landyou cant use front ones and ive never seen a nova with rear head rest guides as standard so you'll be lucky at a scrappy

Nick
19-09-05, 07:24 PM
I've also enquired about some Black Gsi ones, and they had no luck !

so anyone who has some GSi seats they want to rip apart :-D

wardyworld
19-09-05, 11:23 PM
I've also enquired about some Black Gsi ones, and they had no luck !

so anyone who has some GSi seats they want to rip apart :-D

yep - i've got 2 spare i used for the fabric to repair my drivers seat.

question is - will they be too long? Dont want them sticking out (did that once - it was wrong)

Plus, if you cut the bottoms off the make them fit, the metal bangs about in the seat and sounds aweful!

Any ideas what other cars I could get the guides out of?

cheers,

Adam.

Nick
20-09-05, 05:50 PM
well the ones you buy from vaux are for the front seats i think.

As no nova came with rear headrests, so they wont make guides for rear seats specifically.

My grey ones that i used for my old 1.2 interior were long, and they went in fine, with no problem.

You can allways send me your Black set and i'l try them out for you :-D ?

Benn
09-10-05, 07:17 PM
i used black cav front ones in my rear seats...
worked find,

Riggy
09-10-05, 08:17 PM
i used black cav front ones in my rear seats...
worked find,

exactly what i did :lol:

Ste L
09-10-05, 10:42 PM
i used belmont guides in the rear of my sri

ade
10-10-05, 12:38 AM
aye - belmont, cav, old astra etc all can be modded to fit.

LOL - tbh all you need is a length of sturdy plastic tubing the runners will slot into.

If you remove the seat material (just unclips) you'll see the holes where they slot into - you just need a way of securing the tubes in place - I'd say use some body filler.

As for the tops - most nova rear headrests never get used proplerly (as in lifting up and down) because they obscure most of the rear window - so if theyre right down you'll never see the tops anyway!

You could fashion something out of summut (lol) - or if youre any good with plastecine take an imprint of the top of a front headrest stick it in a freezer for 30 mins so it goes really hard and then fill it with body filler for a perfect copy!

Just sand down the top, drill the centre stick it to the tubing out and hey presto!

:D

Imagination my friend - thats all you need...

(oh and I havent tried this but i dont see why it wont work)

:wink:

tony8169
15-10-05, 08:11 PM
what year cavalier did you get your guides from?
and do they do grey?
Cheers,
Tony.