PDA

View Full Version : Splutters under hard accelaration

Naysnova
17-09-05, 01:55 PM
Hi just had a 1.6 GSI 8valve dropped in my nova 100,000 miles on clock full service wiv the car. Car was standing for approx 2mnths, went viewed car started it up bang on i will have. New plugs, new distributor cap all new fuel lines new fuel pump fitted car runs ok untill you boot it. From round about 2,500rpm Engine splutters and spits in all gears. Been told it could be the Air Flow Meter so went to Just Novas tried several different units to no avail :cry: . Still spluttering and spitting so i am presumeing its not the Air Flow Meter Car is standard apart from straight through exhaust system K&N Airfilter. Any suggestions on what it could be lads any help appreciated thanks all.

Adam
17-09-05, 03:20 PM
Does the ecu light come on when it splutters?

Naysnova
17-09-05, 04:13 PM
Hi there mate when engine was fitted at Just Novas the ECU light was on i asked what the light was on for they said oh dont bother about that its ok as far as i know they removed the bulb light is no longer on does not light up when ignition is turned on. As you can c i am not mechanically minded..

chris gsi
17-09-05, 05:01 PM
i would take it back to them the engine management light could save your engine if a sensor fails you could have a air leak to give you the missfire

Naysnova
17-09-05, 05:25 PM
Hi Chris so could i have a airleak then mate and if so would that be causing the spluttering etc through the rev range. I asked him what the light was doing on he told me it was nothiong to bother about then he took the bulb out me not being mechanically minded didnt know any difference.

Naysnova
17-09-05, 05:32 PM
Was told the ecu light was on because the 1.2 engine that was originally fitted to car had been removed and i now had the 1.6 8 valve engine fitted.

chris gsi
17-09-05, 05:57 PM
just a thought it might not be but check the hoses around the inlet manifold and check for the air intake pipe from your air filter to the engine

Aragorn
17-09-05, 06:24 PM
bull shit

the 1600 8v unit has a management light and this should be connected up to the dash board

womble sri
17-09-05, 07:59 PM
my sri used to taht from time to timeand the problem was the injectors needed cleaning out it used to get really restricted when you gave it a boot full.

Naysnova
20-09-05, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback lads problem solved. Like i said i am not mechanically minded but it was the HT leads :oops: Took it for a Diagnostic test and thats the fault it came up with renewed them now running as sweet as a nut Once again thanks all.. Just one other thing how do you post pictures on here?

ade
21-09-05, 12:51 AM
you need to use a photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com

Then when you upload the pic you copy the link from the photo that wasy "IMG" - make sure you copy both [] and [/] aswell so it will work.

the image will then load here.

Easy.

oh - and get that bulb put back in - its there for a reason!

Ade