PDA

View Full Version : Just how easy is it to fit a Mk2 dash in a Mk1?

untouchable
16-09-05, 09:28 PM
ive blagged a full Mk2 sr interior for my Mk1, and want to know exactly what is involved in swapping the dash over? Does any work need to be done for the heater controls, and do all the electrics just plug straight in from the mk1?

Does it have space for a manual choke or are we going to have to make a hole? I didnt have much time to have a good look at the dash, so thats why im asking all the questions lol

Jack
16-09-05, 11:48 PM
Pretty much a straight swap, the only control you'll need to rewire is the heater RW/blower control, the wires moved round frrom Mk1>Mk2

Also the air vent ducts are different on the Mk2, as are the steering column surrounds

novaco
17-09-05, 10:08 AM
the mk2 dash has a hole for the choke on the right hand side of there steering cloum there may be a little cover over it but that will pop straight off......

im not sure if they line up though as all my novas have been automatic choke :lol:

untouchable
17-09-05, 04:57 PM
cool, at least i know what to sort out then lol

Jack
17-09-05, 05:17 PM
Yep, sorry forgot to mention that... the choke hole lines up fine. IIRC the choke cable is flexible anyway, so you can easily wiggle it round to get it to the right place if its not quite right. The little black cover just pops out, of course if the Mk2 dash is from a manual choke then you won't have the cover just the hole.

you'll have to remove the handle bit from it I think, and the collar from the cable, but these both unscrew.

untouchable
17-09-05, 06:25 PM
so i need to change all of the heater ducting over from the mk2 to the mk1, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the RW heater and do the two cables for the main heaters line up ok