PDA

View Full Version : MK kating day pennys worth

nova---chris
16-09-05, 08:16 PM
Well great reply as always. Astounds me the members on here and yet when shows / fun days ect come up no one turns up. Its a real shame to be honest. These sort of meets are great to meet people at and put names to faces.

I understand theres other things going on around this time but im sure there quite a fewpeeps could make it. And people saying there coming lets have some deposits then! Theres a paypal option available or send a cheque or what ever. The offical link is top of the page.

Recently novaload meets/shows have gone down the pan. Loosing its edge perhaps. Maybe now the site is becoming full of messers and not true modifiers???

Anyhow would be nice to have a decent turn out where everyone can have a chat and a laugh.

Cheers
Chris

Lee
16-09-05, 10:43 PM
No the feeling dude, same thing is happening at PVG.

bump
16-09-05, 10:54 PM
i'd love to be able to come to the events / fun days but often their over 300 miles from me, just can't do the petrol or time. i know i'm a long way from civilisation, but i'll be there at next years run to the sun as always. anyone coming?

Roverboy
17-09-05, 09:29 AM
id defo come to shows but me cars a shed soon as it gets finished ill be up for em as long as no one takes the piss out of me for having a 1.2

novaco
17-09-05, 10:03 AM
as above i would love to come to these events and shows bu ti alos live quite far away from where all the action takes place.

i dont care about petrol or time but being the age i am i still cant drive so its quite hard for me :x :evil:

Stuart
17-09-05, 10:31 AM
its nota bout what engine you have!!!!!! ffs you dont need a fast car to park up and chat with people do you?

the MK day is mainly the annual MK meet which weve bought forwards.... then there is also the Karting which is looking more and more like its gonna get cancelled which is a total shame, as im sure the involved people WONT bother organising anything in future then you will all whinge...

burgo
17-09-05, 12:12 PM
sorry im far to skint and dont have a car on the road

Mike.
17-09-05, 01:12 PM
all this post is about is people who said they were going, but haven't stumpt up with the cash :wink:

Dave
17-09-05, 04:42 PM
the stands have massively gone down hill an seems only the longer serving members turn up.

as for the karting i don't want to be one of the ones who says yes an bails at the last minute as i don't know where i'll be for most of november, but if i'm able to i'll go to the meet

Rexy
17-09-05, 05:00 PM
lol, you scared me then chris fella, thought i'd missed the MK/Karting meet thingimabob.

Jim
17-09-05, 06:46 PM
all this post is about is people who said they were going, but haven't stumpt up with the cash :wink:

Indeed. I've pm'd half a dozen people with the payment details for the cheques and have I recieved anything...have I bollocks. It's been about 2 weeks since I sent the pm's out.

I've given up, it's a waste of my time.

Jim

Mike
17-09-05, 08:17 PM
By the sounds of things, Jim is correct.

I'll will, however, arrive for the meet but NOT the karting.

Mike

ANDYRACER
18-09-05, 01:23 AM
One big reason there are no new members coming through is because the older member not all of u but a few are all up ur own ass when a young member share a interest, u all crush the young modify's dreams so why would they want to come to a meet if ur like this on the site. i Personally have spoke toa few people who totally agree with me on this point who have been on the site and just found it a waste of time trying to be friendly with some of u, there seems to be a small idea of what the new members should be like, anyone who doesnt fill that gets abused.
Ill wait u replies about how u all hate me etc.. but to be honest i dont really care anymore. :roll:

Stuart
18-09-05, 09:25 AM
tbh andy, this thread isnt about that. its about the fact people have said they will come, and now the time has come for money so the people vanish......

as for squashing young memebers "dreams" i dont think its quite that, its down to other things, but i shant go into that as some people love to get all het up about it lol. I also assume from your lack of reply to my pm that you simply dont care, meh i dont really either tbh.

nova---chris
18-09-05, 11:31 AM
Well andy point out those members up there own arses. Would be intresting to know who they are. Maybe im on the list lol!

The post is about the website in general. TBh i think novaload should stop having there own stands now as people cant be arsed turning up .
Happy to use forums ect ect but when shows come up never see anyone.

Agreed peeps have problems with different things. My cars broke everytime ive tired to use it this year. but still went to shows. lol!

I think times have changed. baseball cap wearing kids tearing around tyring to race everything in site dont intrest me! Infact fuck me off more than anything. I think alot of the true modders havemoved to different things or different clubs.

Rick Draper
18-09-05, 11:50 AM
One big reason there are no new members coming through is because the older member not all of u but a few are all up ur own ass when a young member share a interest, u all crush the young modify's dreams so why would they want to come to a meet if ur like this on the site. i Personally have spoke toa few people who totally agree with me on this point who have been on the site and just found it a waste of time trying to be friendly with some of u, there seems to be a small idea of what the new members should be like, anyone who doesnt fill that gets abused.
Ill wait u replies about how u all hate me etc.. but to be honest i dont really care anymore. :roll:

Hope i am on the list.

Jim
18-09-05, 12:43 PM

Gee...I wonder who this could be aimed at? :roll:

Andy, If you've got something to say to me, then send me a pm, don't come on here spamming this post which has NOTHING to do with you.

Jim

General Baxter
18-09-05, 12:52 PM
TBh i think novaload should stop having there own stands now as people cant be a*** turning up

where am i going to show my cabro off :( i dont want to put it on the local chav stand or shitweb's stand :wink:

boredbloke
18-09-05, 10:55 PM
.....Ill wait u replies about how u all hate me etc.. but to be honest i dont really care anymore. :roll:

I Hate ya.... think your a right dick imo,

but thats totally irrelevant,

anyway i would have been up for the karting and meet as i went to the last one and it was cool to see everyones cars, I'd recommend it to anyone,
i found there was a couple there a little harder to speak to in general (kinda wanted you to ask more and more about thier cars - which i spos is why ur there lol!!)

would have been there again, but
1) I don't think u guys would really care about how good the honda looks!! lol!! cos the novas in pieces!

and

2) I'm sitting exams in early dec which between now and then i need to put in 400 hours work (apparently) and work a 9-5 job lmao!!

Jack
19-09-05, 08:43 AM
its nota bout what engine you have!!!!!! ffs you dont need a fast car to park up and chat with people do you?
True; it would be boring if we all turned up in GSi-replicas with T40s (although maybe not if they were all Mexico Red :lol:)

tbh andy, this thread isnt about that. its about the fact people have said they will come, and now the time has come for money so the people vanish......
This has happened to me a lot with some of my "mates", so I know what its like for Jim to put in all the legwork only for people to cop out at the 11th hour

Dpnova
19-09-05, 03:35 PM
tbh i havent been to anything this year, due to various reasons. Go along and show your support for the site

Ian
19-09-05, 04:17 PM
im watching this and will lock it if it cintinues in this vein.

just would like to laugh at some people preaching, the same ones that planned to go to pod while everyone else was at trax.

Stuart
19-09-05, 05:30 PM
and you were at either? :lol:

pod wasnt a mass organised event that required money up front, so the fact that we couldnt be arsed to go to pod that day meant that no one lost out..... had i said "ohh ok ill go to trax" and then not paid, different story :P