PDA

View Full Version : Will these fit over V6 Brakes???

njc11
15-09-05, 10:49 AM
Looking at getting some 15's for track use...

Come across these and wondered if they fit over V6 brakes which are on the Nova..??? The rims are 4 stud 6Jx15et49

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/Vaux%20Wheels.jpg

Ive got some Toyo R888's to go on them!!

Cheers

Nick

dunova
15-09-05, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't like to guarantee it, but surely if they were fitted to a v6 veccy they should??

Jack
15-09-05, 11:04 AM
If they were from a V6 vectra wouldn't they be 5 stud?

dunova
15-09-05, 11:07 AM
If they were from a V6 vectra wouldn't they be 5 stud?
Yeah they would, but surely the alloy design (apart from the stud pattern) and size will be the same? I don't know, i'm just pressuming, and presumption is the key to failure, so ignore me :lol:

njc11
15-09-05, 11:07 AM
This style defo does.. just want to check that the ones above would...

Cheers

Nick

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/Various/Mvc-054fa.jpg

MARTIN KELSON
15-09-05, 12:02 PM
Why do you want to know anyway.
Your Nova sits in the garage not moveing for 51 weeks of the year. You might as well sell the wheels and stick it on axle stands, you probally wouldn't even notice!!!!!!

njc11
15-09-05, 12:38 PM
Why do you want to know anyway.
Your Nova sits in the garage not moveing for 51 weeks of the year. You might as well sell the wheels and stick it on axle stands, you probally wouldn't even notice!!!!!!

Bit like yours then Martin :roll: :lol:

Ive decided im tracking the car on the 25th Sept at Knockhill..

So wanted 15" rims again with 195x45x15 tyres as the difference this makes on track compared to the 16's with 195x45x16 is massive.. big difference feels more planted!

Ive hopefully got sorted a set of Toyo R888 road legal cut slicks to put on them! (195x50x15)

http://www.toyo.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=car.R888&PHPSESSID=8f3289c83e9ba1cb0c7ed748adad0a4b

Depending on how i get on... quick rack and EPAS maybe fitted over the winter.. 8)

Then i might strip the car :o

Cheers

Nick

MARTIN KELSON
15-09-05, 12:49 PM
You gonna drive it up there or trailer it? Its a damn long way up there.

Look forward to seeing if you get them R888 to fit as my Yoko's didn't.

Strip it and do whot? Just a re-build or into a track day car?

njc11
15-09-05, 01:33 PM
Yep strip and make it a track day car... 8)

How do you mean your yoko's didnt fit?? where they a 195x50x15 A048??

Cheers

Nick

MARTIN KELSON
15-09-05, 02:59 PM
Yea i bought some 195x50x15 A048's this time last year.
The problem with them is the side wall is like a balloon. They were that wide i couldn't even lower it from the axle stands!!

If your Toyo R888 fit i might get myself some.

Track day car then eh. You drive slower than me!

njc11
15-09-05, 04:44 PM
what width are you rims, 6.5??

In the R888 it recommends 165/50/15 suitable for rim width 4-6.5" the overall width on this one is 163mm compared to the A048 202mm suggested rim width is 6.5 to 7 or sommit...

The R888 195x50x15 is 198mm wide compared to 202mm of the A048

Might just go with the T1R 195x45x15 i reckon... going with the 165 will throw the speedo out i reckon...

I'll keep you informed!

Cheers

Nick

Ian
15-09-05, 06:09 PM
if its only for track does the speedo matter?

novaco
15-09-05, 07:57 PM
where did you find them wheels mate and how much did you pay for them?

they are the ones i am looking for lol!

do they also come off a tigra aswel as a vectra?

njc11
16-09-05, 10:44 AM
If i decide to strip it out to Martin / Bretts style it will be driven to track events..which is why i would be concerned about the speedo being out!

As for Knockhill next weekend it will be driven up there, the run will do it good!!

Incidently ive got the wheels sorted now... ive got the Tigra ones again like ive had before... the single picture NOT the the pic with 4 on... those were on ebay...

Cheers

Nick

MARTIN KELSON
16-09-05, 12:58 PM
Damn noisey though mate when its stripped out. Thought you liked your creature comforts too much!!

You already got a VX220 so why do you want 2 track cars?

Put a proper full weld in cage in, some bucket seats and your be well away.

njc11
16-09-05, 01:27 PM
Who gives a monkey about the noise!!

I would continue to do bits to the Nova than start all over again with the VX.. besides i doubt i will keep the vx forever..will probably want a change at some point..Boxster S or sommit??

The thing with the VX it works straight out the box and if it should get nicked etc you can go and buy another one.. so it gets used most eve's weekends and left all over the place...

As the nova is quite unique im reluctant to use it as above... and thats why i would continue modding this rather than modding a modern car.. as you end up never driving it as you've thrown ???? at it and don't want to let it out of your sight!!! If the nova ever got pinched i doubt i would go through it all again...

Hope that made sense!

Cheers

Nick

MARTIN KELSON
16-09-05, 01:48 PM
Boxter-S.
You taken up hairdressin in your spare time?

Best way to gain performance is to loose the weight.
You be gutted though if you were to dump the nice Alcantara seats mate.

You going to be getting hands dirty or this maybe a job for Mr France?

Look forward to hearing how it goes at Knockhill.

Mine never gets driven at the moment let alone left anywhere. Think this is the least i have used it this year.
Nova scene seemed to be dying out, take the PVG national day at Curborough only 7 people booked. Remember the good old days when the numbers were in the 100's at the national day?

njc11
16-09-05, 02:10 PM
Boxter-S.
You taken up hairdressin in your spare time?

Best way to gain performance is to loose the weight.
You be gutted though if you were to dump the nice Alcantara seats mate.

You going to be getting hands dirty or this maybe a job for Mr France?

Look forward to hearing how it goes at Knockhill.

Mine never gets driven at the moment let alone left anywhere. Think this is the least i have used it this year.
Nova scene seemed to be dying out, take the PVG national day at Curborough only 7 people booked. Remember the good old days when the numbers were in the 100's at the national day?

Ive got no hair mate!! LOL!!!

Ive always liked the Boxster S it has all the gadgets plus topless motoring.. plenty of space for luggage to do abit of european touring.. the other one i may consider is a Honda S2000... a mate has a 52plate and thats well nice!

If i decide to do it, the nova's interior would be stripped and i would probably flog the seats etc remove all the sound proofing etc etc etc..

I would get my hands dirty i reckon it cant be that difficult! plus if sommit goes wrong i would know where to look!! Ive also got you and DIY to talk to if i come across any problems :roll:

As for the nova scene dying out your not wrong there mate! PVG it was on the cards... ever since Maff kicked his Dad out it went tits up!

Cheers

Nick

Lee H
16-09-05, 03:31 PM
Lovely job trying to get all that sound deadening tar stuff out, seemed to take forever and leaves all bits stuck to the floor. Also find the tunnel gets a lot hotter and therefore the inside of the car is a lot hotter when its stripped out but apart from that i'm glad i've done it.

There are a few decent Nova's missing that might be back next year but its definitely not looking good for them.

Jim
16-09-05, 03:40 PM
Lovely job trying to get all that sound deadening tar stuff out, seemed to take forever and leaves all bits stuck to the floor. Also find the tunnel gets a lot hotter and therefore the inside of the car is a lot hotter when its stripped out but apart from that i'm glad i've done it.
Best way of getting rid of the tar is to strip the car of all its interior and carpet and then leave the car outside on a really hot day (not much chance of that happening these days, lol) with all the windows up. Failing that, get a hairdryer on it, lol.

The tunnel does get extremely hot, but hey ho, at least it provides some warmth for when the heater matrix goes ;)

Jim

novacabrio
16-09-05, 11:46 PM

Me and keith said this at the start of this years shows and we got blown down