PDA

View Full Version : Torquey Engine conversion

ednovasr2
14-09-05, 02:11 PM
How much work do you peeps think is in volved in puting in a 2.2DTI or 3.2 V6 Diesel lump in a nova!

Just as these tuned diesels seem to kick out huge torque figures and go like stink!

Does anyone know of anyone that has been down this route?

Any pic's missed Total vauxhall a fair bit this year with my jap machine!

burgo
14-09-05, 02:16 PM
not a clue but id love to see it done and id love to see how you get traction

General Baxter
14-09-05, 02:18 PM
remember luke i tried a 2.2TDI conversion, so i could pull all my ice along!

i found that it dont fit :lol:

burgo
14-09-05, 02:23 PM
ahhh yeah but why didnt it fit?

ednovasr2
14-09-05, 03:16 PM
Hay if you can fit a V8 and 2.0 16v V-tec & XE in a mini a nova should be a doddle! :P

burgo
14-09-05, 03:34 PM
Hay if you can fit a V8 and 2.0 16v V-tec & XE in a mini a nova should be a doddle! :P
true but you have to completely change the front end of a mini as in un bolt the subframe and change it. if your willing to chop the front end of the nova and make a new one then yes of course they will go in

NovalutionGSi
14-09-05, 04:05 PM
and if your going that far why not leave the DTi and the 3.2's and get hold of what would be an expensive W10 lump from VBud...... :o

andyhayes77
14-09-05, 04:15 PM
How much work do you peeps think is in volved in puting in a 2.2DTI or 3.2 V6 Diesel lump in a nova!

Just as these tuned diesels seem to kick out huge torque figures and go like stink!

Does anyone know of anyone that has been down this route?

Any pic's missed Total vauxhall a fair bit this year with my jap machine!

Chop the front end off a 2.2tdi vectra weld it onto a nova jobs a gud n i bet it wud look good too ill get on photoshop tonite do a virtual mod :)

Philsutton
14-09-05, 05:40 PM
id love to see how you get traction

same here, lots of spin in a tiny nova. Do you want it for pulling caravans you dirty pikey?

peester
14-09-05, 07:58 PM
a nova should be a doddle! :P

dont think doddles a good word to use mate, the poor lad might go buy it thinkin its a piece of piss.. its hard as fook, Nothings ever as easy as people make out. Ends up cost shedloads more too.
Those engine ur mentioning mate are likely to be multiplex wiring, which is in essence, wiring u cant cut and chop about, as well as it being a biatch to make fit. It non of this were true of the above im pretty sure someone wud've done it by now.

Dod
14-09-05, 08:56 PM
Why a big Diesel engine? Everytime you step on the brakes the rear would lift off the ground!! Buy a 15TD and fit a 17TD Cav or Astra engine. It'll handle better than a monster engine and can be done a whole lot easier to.