PDA

View Full Version : sr t40

womble sri
13-09-05, 09:11 PM
someone advised me to put the sri head on my engine because of bigger valves and hydraulic lifters said there would be much more power available any1 done this and could shed any light. also will my carbs need to be rejetted or setup?

Stuart
13-09-05, 10:09 PM
erm all the 1.2-1.6 heads have hydraulic lifters....... no "power gain" there (As such)

the 1.4 sri head is a very good option as its the "best" all round non modded head for straight out of the box use.

your carbs will probably need a mild rejet but nothing major.

Adam
14-09-05, 12:23 AM
You will also need a gte/gsi round port t40 inlet manifold.

Nick
14-09-05, 06:07 PM
and of course an alternator lowering bracket and a longer slide/adjustable bracket most likely.

and also don't forget to budget for a pressure regulator and some filters/trumpets

A large pipercross box filter are as much as ?100 including the base plate

womble sri
14-09-05, 06:18 PM
i have found a manifold from tuning.co.uk which comes with new gaskets and the alternator bracket and i already have trumpets with invidual filters on some one said i will need an electric fuel pump as well as the regulator?

Mike
15-09-05, 06:16 PM
or try and obtian the irmscher airbox, and out a k&n in that. like yours truly! lol

Snowface
19-09-05, 03:57 PM
just get a regulator (fuel-king i reccommend) if you are using the carb mechanical fuel pump to bring down to 3/3.5psi for Dell/Weber.