PDA

View Full Version : new to ice, what do i get?

jamie gsi16v
13-09-05, 06:11 PM
ok after never having a proper system in before i have decided to go balls out and have something mad, im after very very loud and deep bass as a few of my mates have systems but i want to be able to drown them out? i already have a pioneer avh p6400cd motorised monitor with a cdx p670 6disc changer but thats about it? im wanting to fit about 4 subs in as room is not a problem! just wondered what people would recommend with about a 600 pound spending limit, im not worried about new stuff as ebay is a friend and very cheap, can anybody push some good ideas or things to watch out for forward as this would be a great help, cheers j

novabri
14-09-05, 01:25 PM
www.audiosecurity.com 12 inch rockford fosgate sub amp kit awsome in my nova sounds like jst wt ure after and only ?145

novabri
14-09-05, 01:30 PM
hi sorry i gave the wrong like www.caraudiosecurity.com i really recomend it

jamie gsi16v
14-09-05, 04:02 PM
im after about 4 subs mate, basically im after a comp winning system but im on a tight budget so most stuffs gona havto be second hand?

Jack
14-09-05, 05:05 PM
The sony pentagon subs are pretty good for the money - just ask Baxter lol. Not exactly competition stuff, but 4 of them should be ok!

Also keep an eye on ebay for Magnat amps, often you find them pop up at great prices

Nick
14-09-05, 08:40 PM
if you really want competition sound you'l need to spend alot more than ?600

jamie gsi16v
14-09-05, 09:46 PM
not if you budget buy with good second hand items, ice is worth nuthing second hand?

Jack
15-09-05, 08:21 AM
Cheap stuff, true.... but competition or top quality gear will soon eat that budget - if you want four subs, you'd probably use about ?400 of that on a pair of amps (ideally you'd want 4 single amps but that would cost even more) which will only leave you ?200 to buy crossovers, components and amps, caps, wiring, and the subs themselves etc

jamie gsi16v
15-09-05, 08:31 PM
all i need is subs and an amp/s i already have a 1.2 farad directed power cap, yellow top battery, big gauge wiring kit and all componets and crossovers, paid 300 already for everything iv got but have no boom boom.