PDA

View Full Version : nova spark

mr_nova
12-09-05, 11:47 AM
i have just fitted a 1.4 engine into my nova which was a 1.2, the 1.4 engine was single point injection, so i fitted carbs to make life easier, the problem i have is the distributor is a differant variety, so, therefore i cant get a spark to the plugs, my first reaction was to fit the 1.2 distributor but the drive is differant, could anyone tell me if i could get a distributor to fit and give me the spark i need?, many thanks james.

Adam
12-09-05, 04:28 PM
Have you fitted carbS, or a carb off a nova sr?

mr_nova
12-09-05, 06:49 PM
i have fitted the carb from an sr

Adam
12-09-05, 07:06 PM
i have fitted the carb from an sr
Why?
Fitting a carb wont make life easier, at least SPI will start in the winter :lol:

I aren't sure whether it will work.
As the ecu will still be looking for readings from MAP sensor etc, and you have disconnected the sensors, so i dont know whether it will work.

I dont know if the ecu will still run the fuel pump, and advance the timing like it should without the SPI system.
You may need to disconnect the ECU, all wiring etc, then use a mechanical fuel pump, and 1.4carb dizzy to control ignition timing advance etc.

My advice, put the SPI system back on :wink:

mr_nova
13-09-05, 06:54 AM
my nova wasnt a spi it was just a carb with it being a mk1 and i dont like fitting full wiring looms cos i aint a sparky

mr_nova
13-09-05, 06:55 AM
my nova wasnt a spi it was just a carb with it being a mk1 and i dont like fitting full wiring looms cos i aint a sparky and i have fitted a manual fuel pump

Aragorn
13-09-05, 11:48 AM
you need the 1.4sr distributor, coil, amp and mini-loom too

Adam
13-09-05, 03:25 PM
my nova wasnt a spi it was just a carb with it being a mk1 and i dont like fitting full wiring looms cos i aint a sparky and i have fitted a manual fuel pump
So your 1.2 engine was carb.
And you have fitted a 1.4SPI engine, but put a nova SR carb on it?
Have you also fitted a 1.4SR cam carrier for the fuel pump to attach to?

mr_nova
13-09-05, 05:03 PM
no drilled out blanking plug on cam carrier

Riggy
13-09-05, 05:42 PM
like kev said you need the 1.4 sr coil /dizzy and mini loom

mr_nova
16-09-05, 07:12 AM
ihave managed to get me mate from courney motor sports to swap the drive ends over

mr_nova
17-09-05, 06:58 AM
got dizzy back and works a treat no need to get looms and coil