PDA

View Full Version : Ported & Polished

Jos
11-09-05, 10:57 PM
ok, feel free to laugh at me :lol:

I'm about to buy a car with a ported & polished head, engine performance modification obviously.

BUT, I tell my insurers, and the phone monkey (like myself :oops: ) doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about. Basically, WHAT is a ported & polished head? Description etc would be great

Cheers all

burgo
11-09-05, 11:02 PM
lol

Jos
11-09-05, 11:13 PM
lol

:cry:

burgo
11-09-05, 11:19 PM
you asked for it!! anyway porting and polishing is basically improving the shape of the ports in the cylinder head so that they flow better and therefore let more air in as well as out.

Stuart
12-09-05, 07:58 AM
try the words "gas flowed"

womble sri
13-09-05, 09:16 PM
dont bother tellin em they wont be able to find out unless they strip her write down which they wont cos they'll have to replace the gaskets ect.

Stuart
13-09-05, 10:03 PM
hmm lovely and illegal

Mr-G
14-09-05, 12:59 PM
dont bother tellin em they wont be able to find out unless they strip her write down which they wont cos they'll have to replace the gaskets ect.

they also wont be insuring you for a few hundred pounds worth of work carried out to you engine either :wink: :roll:

Jack
14-09-05, 03:05 PM

they also wont be insuring you for a few hundred pounds worth of work carried out to you engine either :wink: :roll:
They also won't be insuring you full stop lol, failure to declare mods renders the policy invalid - which means the law will then bone you for driving with no insurance!

Jos
14-09-05, 03:11 PM
well, my insurers just noted it down as "other engine changes" and didn't charge me a penny more!

So, now I can drive my new 130 bhp SRI :D

Stuart
14-09-05, 03:52 PM
1400?

erm no offence, but no chance you ahve 130bhp...... unless you ahve a 25shot of nitrous

Jos
14-09-05, 04:14 PM
1400?

erm no offence, but no chance you ahve 130bhp...... unless you ahve a 25shot of nitrous

120-130. I will get it rolling roaded soon to get a precise figure.

and, obviously, it isn't standard :wink:

Adam
14-09-05, 04:40 PM
1400?

Whats the spec on this beast, must be quite a list to get 1400 8v to 120+ bhp.

womble sri
14-09-05, 06:15 PM
think you have been blagged up mate what else has been done unless its bill bldenteins work i doubt the headwork will bring your power to that high an output

NoodleVille2k
15-09-05, 12:49 AM
yes just for the record the insurance company doesnt ever strip an engine to check for mods i have written off 2 cars i know this shizzle
and most the garages that acess your car are independant garages that the insurance companys hire to fix and acess so if u slip um a 5er like myself then they write down on there lil form mint condition no mods half the mileage u actually have and u get 1800 pounds for a banged out lil fiesta mk 4 derv lol
which u can then pile into an sri engine and get slightly anoyed at the problems you keep finding but there we go thats my life story

Jim
15-09-05, 09:18 AM
yes just for the record the insurance company doesnt ever strip an engine to check for mods i have written off 2 cars i know this shizzle
and most the garages that acess your car are independant garages that the insurance companys hire to fix and acess so if u slip um a 5er like myself then they write down on there lil form mint condition no mods half the mileage u actually have and u get 1800 pounds for a banged out lil fiesta mk 4 derv lol
which u can then pile into an sri engine and get slightly anoyed at the problems you keep finding but there we go thats my life story

Can we all give this man a big round of applause. It's idiots like you that are the reason insurance premiums are through the roof. You've already written off 2 cars? Well they say 3rd time lucky, and hopefully for us, you'll not be able to drive again after your 3rd crash, no longer endangering other road users with your sheer stupidity.

Jim

Ste L
15-09-05, 09:24 AM

i just wouldn't even bother doing that, still not worth if, can still get shafted

Snowface
19-09-05, 03:55 PM
1400?

Considering you didn't know what a ported and polished head was i'd hazard a guess that you wouldn't be able to say what your bhp is until you put it on r/r.