PDA

View Full Version : Cops cop a good one

scott.parker
11-09-05, 03:10 PM
Well this made me feel a lot better about my van getting wrote off,it was on a lorry that takes crashed cars etc to be fixed up,made me smile as i thought well his advanced training didt help him out! :P

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/591/cposvolvo22pw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5373/copsvolvo17hr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Scott

Philsutton
11-09-05, 03:21 PM
unlucky, i see one nearly everyday coming out of notts all smashed up. They normally wipe out a small child when they crash as well, it good to see they are trained up well.

scott.parker
11-09-05, 03:22 PM
I had a feeling you might like this Phil...

Scott

Philsutton
11-09-05, 03:25 PM
ive have had many an argument about who the better driver is, while this was going on a T-5 crashed into the barrier only a few hundred yards away chasing some chav'd up fiesta or of sorts lmao

Mel
11-09-05, 03:26 PM
Lol brilliant.

I saw a classic front ender the other week on one. Unfortunately I didnt have a camera, but some pig obviously didn't see the "stop" sign lol

novamadcars
11-09-05, 03:26 PM
ha ha thats grate :D

Philsutton
11-09-05, 03:28 PM
haha no thats "great"

Jack
11-09-05, 03:31 PM
Whoops :lol:

Saw a couple of smashed patrol cars on the back of a trailer on the way home from Cornwall on saturday. Not to mention the numpties who had all aquaplaned off the road in the rain :roll: ...including a rather dented Noble! :lol:

Hazel
11-09-05, 04:02 PM
A WPC went straight into the side of a car at some cross roads by me not long ago. Cop cars invloved in accidents seem to be a regular thing.

novamadcars
11-09-05, 05:30 PM
maybe thay need 2 take thair tests again :D

Jack
11-09-05, 06:04 PM
Just out of curiousity... is there any reason why the police now paint all their cars in a rather hard to see silver than the normal easy to spot white? Or have I just answered my own question.... lol

Jim
11-09-05, 06:39 PM
Do you lot lead such pathetic lives that you have to laugh at the misfortune of a crashed police car? I bet you wont be laughing when your car gets stolen and there isn't any available resource to track it down.

Do you honestly know what happened to this car? How can you say that his "Advanced driving" didn't help? For all you know he was chasing some car theif scum and the twat rammed him off the road?

I would expect this sort of post from a 14 year old kid, I thought you were better than this Scott.

Jim

Phil_G
11-09-05, 06:40 PM
Just out of curiousity... is there any reason why the police now paint all their cars in a rather hard to see silver than the normal easy to spot white? Or have I just answered my own question.... lol

Post police resale value apparently.Silver is an easier to sell colour than white .

Anyhoos, if you cant see a silver car with blue flashing lights and flourescent strips all down it then you shouldn't be on the roads!

Phil

Dave
11-09-05, 07:49 PM
it's funny til you remember you taxes go to fixing that car!

Dod
11-09-05, 07:59 PM
Do you lot lead such pathetic lives that you have to laugh at the misfortune of a crashed police car? I bet you wont be laughing when your car gets stolen and there isn't any available resource to track it down.

Do you honestly know what happened to this car? How can you say that his "Advanced driving" didn't help? For all you know he was chasing some car theif scum and the t**t rammed him off the road?

I would expect this sort of post from a 14 year old kid, I thought you were better than this Scott.

Jim

Errrrrr, Right. :lol:

scott.parker
11-09-05, 08:24 PM
Oh chill out Jim i saw it and it just made me laugh,i just though well it's nice to see that they can make a mistake just like everyone els,that was the crack at the advanced driving..

Scott

Jack
11-09-05, 08:50 PM
Post police resale value apparently.Silver is an easier to sell colour than white .

Anyhoos, if you cant see a silver car with blue flashing lights and flourescent strips all down it then you shouldn't be on the roads!

Phil
lmfao! No I mean from the front - all you see is a silver car, there's no high viz markings on the front of them. Or the ones round here anyway - they don't even have "police" written on the bonnet. And ok yeah they have lights on the top but when they're not flashing they're not that obvious!

scott.parker
11-09-05, 09:06 PM
Jack i also think they have chose to use silver as there new color as it dose seam to blend into the other cars mutch easyer when the blue lights are off etc,if your on a motorway your more likely to notice a normal white car behind in your mirror then you will a silver one,im sure everyone dose a second take if they see a white car in there mirrors (even if your not speeding)..

Scott

sh0rty
11-09-05, 11:10 PM
i thought the same jim, police officer in that crash could have been seriously injured. dont do things to mess about with police, make sure your legit and they got no problem with you.

dunova
12-09-05, 08:23 AM
Jim, you seriously need to chill out. And as for the police, most of them are just as criminal as the people they 'catch'.

RJM25R
12-09-05, 08:28 AM
The reason the colour has been changed to silver is that they are easier to sell on to a trader when decommissioned. Also, the graphics can be removed and the cars used as unmarked cars as well, because it's very easy for car thieves etc to stand outside their local police garage and write down registrations of unmarked cars, so if the police can swap over cars it will be useful.

I must say that I wouldn't wish a car crash on to anyone who were just doing their job, and peoples crass attempt at humour about running down children is offensive. I think that you will find that, just like in all walks of life, 99% of the police are OK people, and if you are a knob-jockey speeding in a 30 zone, or driving with bald tyres etc. i don't see how u can complain when you get pulled/fined/points on your licence and tar every copper with the "bastard" brush

On another note, There's a place in Manchester called Paul Mimmack Cars that buy/sell ex police cars,and legend has it that the owner has got a 3 door cosworth ex police car that was tuned upand could catch ferrari's/porsches etc.

dunova
12-09-05, 08:47 AM
I think that you will find that, just like in all walks of life, 99% of the police are OK people, and if you are a knob-jockey speeding in a 30 zone, or driving with bald tyres etc. i don't see how u can complain when you get pulled/fined/points on your licence and tar every copper with the "ba***d" brush

But it's alright when a copper does 75mph in a 30 zone, 'testing' out his new toy?? Oh, yes i suppose it is because he's a law onto himself :roll:

Oh, and i guess at night when a cop car comes up behind me on the inside lane, inch's away from my rear bumper (2 lanes, no traffic but him and me) and then shoots around me because i won't race him, he's being a responsible, mature and 'ok' person is he?

Jim
12-09-05, 09:03 AM
If I need to chill out then people need to stop laughing at the misfortune of others. If it's not a police car its some other non-vauxhall car crash. How many posts have there been of a crashed Nova and everyone laughing?

Sorry for not finding a crashed car not funny, but hey, I guess that's just me :roll:

Jim

dunova
12-09-05, 09:07 AM
If I need to chill out then people need to stop laughing at the misfortune of others. If it's not a police car its some other non-vauxhall car crash. How many posts have there been of a crashed Nova and everyone laughing?

Sorry for not finding a crashed car not funny, but hey, I guess that's just me :roll:

Jim
Good point i guess, although it was a very light hearted chuckle and i imagine if someone was injured peeps wouldn't be laughing-they're not that evil.

Double negative btw, sorry to be pedantic.

NovalutionGSi
12-09-05, 09:14 AM
Did anyone get the Sun on Friday?

there was a picture of a Mondeo police car (54 plate) that had the roof cut off. this car had not been crashed or anything, the reason why they cut the roof off, well the copper had found a crash victim walking around dazzed, so told them to sit in the back of the car. he then complained of back pains and the only way to get him out was to cut the roof off!

Now that is funny! best bet is the police think they can repair the bloody thing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o

Jack
12-09-05, 10:10 AM
But it's alright when a copper does 75mph in a 30 zone, 'testing' out his new toy?? Oh, yes i suppose it is because he's a law onto himself :roll:

Oh, and i guess at night when a cop car comes up behind me on the inside lane, inch's away from my rear bumper (2 lanes, no traffic but him and me) and then shoots around me because i won't race him, he's being a responsible, mature and 'ok' person is he?
This happened to me last night in fact, on a 30mph stretch of dual carriageway a copper sits on my bumper, then undertakes me and speeds off at around 40-45mph. If I had done that to him he'd have wasted no time in nicking me. Ok, he might have received a call - but that doesn't explain the sitting on my bumper, why he went off at the relatively "low" speed, and no lights/siren? (and before you say it, I was in the outside lane due to the road layout and lane direction! lol)

Not saying all coppers are like this - I've had my fair share of "good cops". But its the same with a lot of things, a few a**holes can ruin the reputation of the whole lot, even if the majority are a good bunch.

I think the humour with the pic Scott posted was ironic - you always see coppers lecturing on good driving and etc, the irony is there then when you see a smacked in police car. Of course, he could have been chasing the criminal that has just stolen your car... but then I just take the humour at face value and don't read too much into it.

scott.parker
12-09-05, 09:04 PM
Well i think jack got the hole idea,it was not me being funny toward the police,as in trying to say ha you bunch of toss pots that will teach you,just more the fact its not often you see the cars they drive with silly little bumps like that one,it looks like a silly driver erro and affter the fact my van just got wrote off it made me smile to see they also have the same stupid missfortune... :|

Scott

RJM25R
13-09-05, 08:14 AM
The funny thing is, if you have been lectured by the police for bad driving, you must have been doing something.

Stay legit, pass the attitude test and accept your punishment like a man if you are caught. You'd be amazed to know the things you can get away with if you have the right attitude.

I know of 2 people (one of which uses this site) who got caught by a traffic cop doing well over 100mph in a 70mph zone on the way to a show in a pair of valvers. They both passed the attitude test and even though the copper should have taken it to CPS and they would have been banned, he took into account the fact that their cars were legit, mot, insured, taxed, safe mod's etc, the road was empty (6am) and gave them both a fixed penalty for 96mph. So whilst they didn't get away scot-free, i think 3 points and a fine were a fair punishment. And neither was lectured for bad driving, just excessive speed!

There's a saying my old fella used to say to me when i first started driving/going out etc as a young adult...

If you can't do the time, don't commit the crime!

Ian
13-09-05, 09:04 AM
The funny thing is, if you have been lectured by the police for bad driving, you must have been doing something.

Stay legit, pass the attitude test and accept your punishment like a man if you are caught. You'd be amazed to know the things you can get away with if you have the right attitude.

I know of 2 people (one of which uses this site) who got caught by a traffic cop doing well over 100mph in a 70mph zone on the way to a show in a pair of valvers. They both passed the attitude test and even though the copper should have taken it to CPS and they would have been banned, he took into account the fact that their cars were legit, mot, insured, taxed, safe mod's etc, the road was empty (6am) and gave them both a fixed penalty for 96mph. So whilst they didn't get away scot-free, i think 3 points and a fine were a fair punishment. And neither was lectured for bad driving, just excessive speed!

There's a saying my old fella used to say to me when i first started driving/going out etc as a young adult...

lol I know someone who joined the m56 from m6 accellerating away from a police car already on the m56 at 120, and was let off for similar reasons as above.

Dar
13-09-05, 09:36 AM

My dad said to me just before I started driving on the road:-

Look mate be careful and remember to use your mirrors because there are police on the road and you know what bad drivers they are.

NovalutionGSi
13-09-05, 11:42 AM

My dad said to me just before I started driving on the road:-

Look mate be careful and remember to use your mirrors because there are police on the road and you know what bad drivers they are.

you dad.... he speaks the truth! :lol: well they aint as bad as some of us drivers...

Dod
13-09-05, 09:40 PM
Any of you ever heard of the McBrearty Tribunal over here? A drunken cop killed a local cattle dealer and tried to cover it up as a hit and run, the fuckers tried to blame it on a local Night Club owner and when this fell through they blackmailed a woman into claiming that she and the Night Club owner were incvolved in the IRA. They tried to tangle all the local bad boys into it telling them to claim the were involved in the whole thing and if they did their Criminal records would be erased. So fuck tem, if they're all like that, they''ve got what they deserve.

If you can, look for the McBrearty Tribunal on the net. Its very very very interesting.

RJM25R
14-09-05, 07:06 PM
Exactly what i was saying. 99% are good guys, the odd one is a nob.

Mike
16-09-05, 03:20 PM
i soley agree with Jim. After having one of my cars stolen you DO need police around to catch the little w@nkers who rob others stuff!

mike

leemh1234
16-09-05, 08:28 PM
i like that 1 down only a billon 2 go 8)

Dod
17-09-05, 11:19 AM
i soley agree with Jim. After having one of my cars stolen you DO need police around to catch the little w@nkers who rob others stuff!

mike

And you found them to be helpful and not a load of usless pricks?