PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16V into Nova questions

TerzoJames
10-09-05, 10:50 AM
I have a standard 1.6 16V Ecotec from an Astra Sport and I'm thinking of putting it in my 1.3 Nova. Does anyone know if there are any particular problems with the conversion? Or if there are any good conversion guides?

My other problem is that I don't have the keys to disable the immobiliser in the ECU. If I get the ECU chipped will this eliminate the problem? If not, what is the best solution, short of the mappable ECU/Throttle bodies conversion?

Cheers all.

Ste L
10-09-05, 11:19 AM
you will need the key, ecu wont work other wise

could run it in twin carbs... wouldn't have to change to an injection fuel tank then

unlike if you was using the standard injection, or throttlebodies etc etc

benji
10-09-05, 12:07 PM
as far as i know the astra engine won't fit in the nova because of the inlet manifold, probably just needs grinding or somthing.

as for the immobiliser speak to ben on here. (not me)

Chris
10-09-05, 12:09 PM
Dont do it!

Just get another hova, dont ruin the sport!

Chris

P.S Send me some porridge

TerzoJames
10-09-05, 07:38 PM
Don't worry big Chris, the 16V will be sporting Throttle bodies in the true spirit of the Sport as soon as I can come up with the green! For now I want to use it for night rallying, and as they don't like twin Carbs, it means going either standard production- which the disc braked rear beam and LSD prohibit, or taking off the Carbs, and as I have a 1.6 16V Ecotec kicking around...

The only other option is a 1.4 bottom end and a 32/34. So many choices. Personally, i'm thinking the 16V at the moment, so any cunning solutions are appreciated.