PDA

View Full Version : Turbo??

Nobby
05-09-05, 02:53 PM
What the situation with Turbos? Can you just put one on any car for a price? im hopin to get a nova sr or sri in the new year and woudl really like to do a turbo conversion, has anyone done 1 to a Nova?? How much am i looking at paying for 1? Cheers Nobby 8)

Ste L
05-09-05, 06:12 PM
can wack a turbo on any engine, but they wont be all that reliable, unless you upgrade everything, and don't up the boost to stupid amounts

Phsyco666
06-09-05, 10:01 AM
I started to turbocharge a GTE n it was more work than I could handle, was bit of a nightmare actually n i neva got round to finishin it.

If ya want it 2 run at decent psi then u need to change pistons and make changes to the head & the gasket. You'll need to decide wher ya turbo oil return will go in the block, wher ya extra fuel will come from ie. fifth injector or sum people use a power boost valve etc etc...... for starters, once ya start it just a spirals out of control

Its not all bad tho my mate has just turbocharged an 8v 2.0 n im not jokin ya its unreal... he did it himself n says it cost him bout ?1700 in total

If ya got the money tho ask courtney bout it cos they'll do anything for a price lol

Stuart
06-09-05, 10:37 AM
but dont expect it to be done properly OR reliably from courtenay.....

polly
06-09-05, 04:21 PM
ya id love a turbo i have a multi point astra engine i want to do it to
and you would need a dump valve whoooooosh

DaveMarshall
06-09-05, 04:31 PM
There is a guy on mig who sells turbo kits for most vauxhall engines.

Ste L
06-09-05, 05:11 PM
who sells them?

Philsutton
06-09-05, 05:29 PM
and you would need a dump valve whoooooosh
your doing the conversion for the wrong reason if thats why you want a turbo. There are kits out that cost 150 that give the same noises without the hassle

Phsyco666
06-09-05, 06:08 PM
but dont expect it to be done properly OR reliably from courtenay.....

Yeah ya probs right actually....... Lol

Phsyco666
06-09-05, 06:11 PM
Why dont a fit 1 of these haha

http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsNova

Nobby
06-09-05, 07:14 PM
lol na im not a fake dump valve wanta lmao they sound wank!! i have just seen that "swirling air" thing on krroozmidz lmao :lol: