PDA

View Full Version : never ending........

doni_nova12
04-09-05, 01:45 AM
is it just me or is the problems wi nova's jus never ending ?

anyway, got the noise sorted guys, after all that it was a loose nut in the ball joint :oops: but mechanic said there wasnt anythin wrong? :|

anyway, got a driveshaft put in the drivers side of the engine, and now its comin up with some grinding kinda noise. Its difficult to explain, but its certainly a rotational noise, must be the newer drive tht got put it.

any ideas as to why this is happening ? its a terrible noise at low speeds

Adam
04-09-05, 11:57 AM
If it does it when you turn, its probably a outer cv joint gone.

doni_nova12
04-09-05, 09:25 PM
nah, jus happens whenever, not a specific point. any speed, any times, dunno wat, jus gonna find out the mora anyway

Lee
04-09-05, 10:26 PM
might be a disc guard rubbing on the brake disc?

doni_nova12
04-09-05, 11:23 PM
would the noise /rubbing/grinding watever not stop wen i used the brakes tho? cos it doesnt........

supernova89
05-09-05, 08:06 PM
yeah, try the brake gurd, cos i had the same problem, if when you change your drive shaft you hit the brake heat shield then it will make a niose like your brakes and fucked and it makes a grinding noise, turn the whell full lock right left side and tap the plate away from the disc

doni_nova12
06-09-05, 04:25 PM
turn the wheel lock right left side ??

which way would this be perhaps....full lock turning to the left or right ?

supernova89
06-09-05, 07:41 PM
It was suposed to be turn the wheel full lock left/right as is doesnt matter which way you turn it, aslong as you can get to the heat shield plate

doni_nova12
07-09-05, 01:05 AM
yeah, jus got it through the wheel,

any thats all the noises stopped :D lol, thought it would never stop like.

jus time to get the wipers fixed as it keeps falling off the wiper motor(the ball and linkage) and start on the body work.