PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Fuel Pump

Paul
03-09-05, 08:42 PM
I am building a 20XE Nova, and have a slight problem with the fuel pump.

I am using the SPi tank off of a 1.2i, and a 2.0 16v Ecotec Vectra Fuel Pump. Using a brand new 1.2i fuel filter.

It is working absoloutely fine, pumping through petrol nice and smoothly.

It has the usual drone, but also has a squeak coming from actually inside the tank.

I do not have the engine in yet, just did a test run with the new lines, pump and tank today.

I also do not have any interior in at the moment, its literally a bare shell.

Is it normal? Is the squeak hidden when you have covered the hole for the pump under the back seat area floorpan.

Is there anything to worry about?

Thanks

Paul

Adam
03-09-05, 08:47 PM
My electric pump is silent in operation, just a slight buzz when you first turn it on.

They usually squeak/whine when they are packing in.

But mine also whined etc when i ran the fuel tank dry in my old car, and then thought the pump had packed in due to a dodgy fuel guage :roll: :lol:

DJ Marty
06-09-05, 10:16 PM
yeah sounds like its f**ked but take it out again and give it a good jet wash that worked for me one time :D

SRimon
06-09-05, 10:44 PM
mine is fairly loud, but its a mpi nova GTE pump, you can here it priming

Paul
06-09-05, 11:04 PM
Its not fcuked, because its pulling fuel fuel.

Its just squeaking, im asking if anyone knows what it may be squeaking/catching on?

Paul

Aragorn
07-09-05, 12:26 AM
its prolly making a racket as its not generating any pressure

mine is MUCH noiser when its priming an empty fuel system after any fuel system work so if the fuel pressure regulator (ie the fuel rail) isnt attached thats prolly why its making a noise