PDA

View Full Version : Off to pick it up soon!

Stoo
02-09-05, 11:09 AM
Im gonna go pick up my nova from Protec Motorsport in a while and im rather excited!

Its having new solid engine mounts, solid bushes all round and all the tracking/camber/castor and toe set up for fast road!!

Drive homes gonna be interesting! Gonna be on rails!!!!

srs1
02-09-05, 07:44 PM
told you.

he's smiling

Stoo
02-09-05, 08:17 PM
OH MY FOOKING LORD!!!!

What a hell of a difference it all makes!!! Just picks up and fucks off! No play whatsoever!! Wow!!

And cornering!! Wahooooo!! No more alternator scrubbing chassis leg lol!! And it kinda wants to go round the bends now instead of carrying on in a straight line!!!

Sean ive got one hell of a piece of fooked up hardwear to show you matey!!

Changed the , plugs leads, dizzy, rotor arm and coil today too!! What a diff they make!!Also did a home made power cap conversion today and shit the bed!! So much more torque and its so responsive!! Wails like a howling banshee with a lions cock in its bum!!

TRAX HERE I COME!!!

Adam
02-09-05, 08:21 PM
I take it you like your new mods then mate? :lol:

Good stuff :)

Stoo
02-09-05, 08:25 PM
Oh hell yeah! Went from a weighty unbalanced piece of shit that suffered sooo badly through tramlining to a monster, so nimble and agile!!

Think my front tyres will last longer than 2000 miles this time too!!

Adam Moran
02-09-05, 08:55 PM
A well set up valver....

thats what there all like, you just have to spend the money and time to get it right ;)

shy witness
02-09-05, 09:44 PM
sounds great mate....................wot all exactly did they do....and wot woz the cost????????????just i mayeb e goin down the valver street myself over the winter...but i dont want a crock of shite that doesn't handle..............

wot parts etc r needed as i'm more than cappable of doin things myself......its just knowing how 2 go about it :D

Stoo
03-09-05, 01:20 AM
Well to start with, mount wise, its got solid billet aluminuim engine and gearbox mounts! These are SOLID! allow no engine movement whatsoever! So make sure your bay is thoroughly strengthened! These are amazing! When u put ur foot down, theres no play in the mounts so all the torque goes to the wheels basically, just picks up and goes!! Decellerating, theres no pendulum effect of the load being removed from the engine as you let off so its alot more stable whilst braking, entering a corner etc!! Well worth the money! Fuck loads of vibration throughout the car though!! ?150 from protec!

As for suspension, On the front ive got GAZ coilovers with adjustable ride hate and damping, with custom springs (not sure of poundage). These are awesome, really perform well, stiff whilst still comfortable and driveable on a day to day basis! Not many people rate these but until youve tried them, you wont belive there performance! Suggested by protec and a worthy investment i believe! Think they were around ?500 protec again

Rear ive got a set of bilstein sprintline dampers with unknown springs! Uprated Anti roll bar too! I was going to fit coilovers on the rear too however i couldnt be assed to fuck around modifying the turrets when this set up is more than enough for my needs!!

Ive also got poly bushes all round (TCA, Front lower arms and rear beam mounts) These are great too, reall helped to get rid of the sogginess you get with standard bushes and really tighten things up, gives for a more direct feel! For the full set i think its about ?100 inc fitting from protec again!

On the front, another mod ive done is to remove the anti roll bar, as the coilovers are more than adequate in keeping the wheels firmly planted on the ashphalt This is my personal preference though as some people prefer to leave it on!

As for the tracking/camber etc! Word to all, if u change ur suspension/wheels etc get it done!! What a huge difference! Actually wants to turn instead of fighting to stay in a straight line! Phenomonal difference! Point the nose and it follows! So nimble and agile, handling like its on rails now.
Relating to tyre wear, before i had it set up, i got 2000 miles out of the front falkens i had on!! Its WELL worth the money! Bout 30-50 quid to have everything set up! Protec again (theres a pattern here!)

For any more info, give me a shout, pm whatever

Hope thats of some assistance and u succeed in building an agile monster! Personally though if u want a quick nova that handles, id drop a corsa GSi lump in it and do a similar suspension set up to mine!! The GSi lump is lighter and much more suitable as its highly tuneable, has a baffled sump as standard! Can easily be tuned to 200+ BHP with throttle bodies etc! Above all, the car will be alot better balanced and even more agile than a C20XEd Nova! But thats my next project!!

Oh by the way

www.pro-tecmotorsport.com

For all ur needs lol!!

Stu!

Philsutton
03-09-05, 12:16 PM
excellent, im sick of telling people how much difference solid mounts make and that a well set up 2lt can handle. But i guess its something you have to see your self :D